Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Carr Wants To See Big Ben Do Better Making The Routine Plays In 2019

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: David Carr Wants To See Big Ben Do Better Making The Routine Plays In 2019

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I agree that any player can do better. While he lead the league in Int's that is only a part of the picture. He also lead in Yards, Attempts, was 5th best in TD's, 3rd best QBR. Not to shabby for a guy who is not able to make the routine play.
    too bad Ben isn't as good as Derek Carr

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    too bad Ben isn't as good as Derek Carr
    Just ask AB!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Same could be said of any player who improves at any facet of their game would make them a better all around player. I simply don't have a problem with the way Ben handles routine plays. David Carr is simply trying to sell you some snake oil in the hope that he can make a quick buck, and trust me there will be plenty who will buy what he is selling. Ben has 3 - 500 yard passing games, I would bet my sweet bippy there were a lot of "Routine" plays that lead to those results. If Ben wasn't any good at making routine plays he would be David Carr.
    Carr didn’t say he can’t make a routine play, he just wants to see him improve them. I think we all like to see Ben Roethlisberger improve. You’d be foolish not to.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Carr didn’t say he can’t make a routine play, he just wants to see him improve them. I think we all like to see Ben Roethlisberger improve. You’d be foolish not to.
    Improve: yes
    Change his M.O.: no

If Ben attempts a dump-off on 3rd-&-1 and is unsuccessful, then Ben needs to improve his accuracy on short throws.

If Ben attempts a deep pass on 3rd-&-1 and is unsuccessful, meh, I’m fine with living by the sword.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

if only Ben watched more film and was a better leader like Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Improve: yes
    Change his M.O.: no

If Ben attempts a dump-off on 3rd-&-1 and is unsuccessful, then Ben needs to improve his accuracy on short throws.

If Ben attempts a deep pass on 3rd-&-1 and is unsuccessful, meh, I’m fine with living by the sword.
    Nah. Ben is who he is...but an improved Ben...I’ll take that anyday!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

As I said I don't have a problem with the way Ben handles routine plays.

Carr is an idiot, will always be an idiot and I care less for his shock jock style of reporting or analyzing. He has absolutely no credibility what-so-ever. You want to call me a fool then have at it but I am not the one who is trying to defend the words of...David Carr.

Ben Roethlisberger Led NFL Last Season In Pass Attempts Into End Zone

By Dave Bryan
    Posted on July 14, 2019

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/be...into-end-zone/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I found a different perspective on this subject recently. "Routine Play". In the huddle the QB/OC calls 2 plays. If we see "X" we go with the called play. If we see "y" we run play 2. Huddle breaks and 11 players are looking for the same 'defensive tell'.
    Not a "Routine Play". The QB waits until he gets to the line of scrimmage and reads the defense and the decides what play he wants, maybe after sending a guy in motion or after a few "Omahas" and foot lifts.

Even though Ben is pretty darn good at the 'no huddle' and improvising after the snap, the "Routine Play" stands a much better chance of success with all 11 players on the same page and not sitting in their stance for 20 seconds every play. If this is what David Carr is saying then I agree. However, coming from David Carr who's really listening?

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I found a different perspective on this subject recently. "Routine Play". In the huddle the QB/OC calls 2 plays. If we see "X" we go with the called play. If we see "y" we run play 2. Huddle breaks and 11 players are looking for the same 'defensive tell'.
    Not a "Routine Play". The QB waits until he gets to the line of scrimmage and reads the defense and the decides what play he wants, maybe after sending a guy in motion or after a few "Omahas" and foot lifts.

Even though Ben is pretty darn good at the 'no huddle' and improvising after the snap, the "Routine Play" stands a much better chance of success with all 11 players on the same page and not sitting in their stance for 20 seconds every play. If this is what David Carr is saying then I agree. However, coming from David Carr who's really listening?
    Really??? Wow

So now keeping players in a stance to long means nobody is on the same page as Ben. WOW!!! Are you sure that both plays x and y are not both routine plays??? Maybe one is a "Routine" run while the other is a "Routine" pass???

I will say this again Ben does just fine at the "Routine" play if he did not he would not be a successful QB. Just in case you didn't know David Carr is an absolute idiot and it really makes me wonder how or even why anyone would ever try to justify the thoughts of an idiot.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Really??? Wow

So now keeping players in a stance to long means nobody is on the same page as Ben. WOW!!! Are you sure that both plays x and y are not both routine plays??? Maybe one is a "Routine" run while the other is a "Routine" pass???

I will say this again Ben does just fine at the "Routine" play if he did not he would not be a successful QB. Just in case you didn't know David Carr is an absolute idiot and it really makes me wonder how or even why anyone would ever try to justify the thoughts of an idiot.
    I hope you know just how much this made me laugh. Thank you! I needed that.

David Carr Wants To See Big Ben Do Better Making The Routine Plays In 2019

As I said I don't have a problem with the way Ben handles routine plays.

Carr is an idiot, will always be an idiot and I care less for his shock jock style of reporting or analyzing. He has absolutely no credibility what-so-ever. You want to call me a fool then have at it but I am not the one who is trying to defend the words of...David Carr.
    It’s not about defending David Carr. He’s an idiot. David Carr aside. You wouldn’t want to see Ben better than he is? Lol. Okay. By that theory, we shouldn’t want to see James Washington or JuJu get better either...you know...just the routine catch? Maybe see Pouncey get better at stopping the routine rush? No?

Ben Roethlisberger one of only three Steelers included in latest CBS Top 100 list

The disrespect continues to be real this offseason

By Simon Chester@SimonAChester Jul 16, 2019

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...huster-heyward

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger one of only three Steelers included in latest CBS Top 100 list

The disrespect continues to be real this offseason

By Simon Chester@SimonAChester Jul 16, 2019

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...huster-heyward
    The fact that players like David Decastro is not on this list is so embarrassing and I'm not saying that because he's a steelers

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The fact that players like David Decastro is not on this list is so embarrassing and I'm not saying that because he's a steelers
    That’s a joke of a list.

Regular season MVP for Ben in 2019?

Skip Bayless think it will be the case...

Ben practiced a lot his routines play today ...

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Regular season MVP for Ben in 2019?

Skip Bayless think it will be the case...

oh no the great Skip ... the man who told everyone that the browns would rule the north with Johnny football .

Skip Bayless think it will be the case no more like Skip Bayless think it will be the curse .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

It is simple...

Steelers = clicks

First part of the off-season: derision. Result: clicks.

Middle part of the off-season: how will the Steelers climb out of this hole??? Result: clicks.

Last part of the off-season: the Steelers look gooood!!! Result: clicks.

Kurt Warner ranks the top 10 QBs heading into the 2019 season....Roethlisberger is 5th..

Today, I give you my #KurtsTop10 list ahead of the 2019 season. Again, this is simply a ranking of the quarterbacks who I feel are the best in the game RIGHT NOW. To eliminate some foreseeable disagreements (knowing we can't eliminate them all), I have supplied three factors I took into account when making my evaluations.

1) How does the QB play in the biggest moments? This includes third-down and red-zone situations, how he plays in the final two minutes of a half or a game when plays must be made and, finally, how he performs on the biggest stages in the postseason.

2) Decision making. Many break this down into a touchdown-to-interception ratio, but for me, it goes much deeper. I weigh whether the passer made the right decision on each and every play, which can mean varying statistical results. It includes questions like: Did he make the right read? Did he force a throw into coverage? Did he execute the timing, velocity and trajectory of a throw? Did he throw the ball away when needed? Did he take a sack when he didn't need to? Or was taking a sack the best thing to do in the given situation? I realize this is a big category, but that's what goes into playing the toughest position in sports.

3) Winning. We are in the business of winning games and competing for championships (and our jobs). So which players give their teams the best chance to win each and every time they step on the field? Yes, it's a team game, and no quarterback can win a game by himself, but no position has a greater impact on the success of the team than this one. Thus, it has to factor in.

5.Ben Roethlisberger

We're all interested to see how Big Ben fares after losing the other two components of the Killer Bs (receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le'Veon Bell) over the offseason. I think it'll be business as usual for the veteran passer. Roethlisberger might not lead the NFL in passing yards like he did in 2018, but I have no doubt he'll keep the Steelers in every game, as the 16th-year pro has done throughout his tenure in the league. What has impressed me most about Big Ben is his ability to win games in so many different ways. Early in his career, he made plays off-schedule. Then he transitioned to making big throws downfield with his strong arm. Now, he makes quick decisions and gets the ball out of his hands on time. It's the completeness with which he plays the position that gives him a slight edge over Russell Wilson. Speaking of ...

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I still do not understand the talking point that we are losing 2, we lost Bell last year (he didn’t play for us!) Every time I see a headline saying we lost 2 major offensive ppl, I just skip it because the person writing the article obviously doesn’t know anything about the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I still do not understand the talking point that we are losing 2, we lost Bell last year (he didn’t play for us!) Every time I see a headline saying we lost 2 major offensive ppl, I just skip it because the person writing the article obviously doesn’t know anything about the Steelers.

It just works for the drama creators in the media. They want to paint it that way because it is more apocalyptic.

I ignore much of what they say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    That's true for many not seem to remember that Bell did not play with the steelers last year, but in this case it was not the point for Kurt Warner.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Baker Mayfield can because he is a great leader and he has accomplished so much in the NFL...…..and he's not Ben...….