Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn is a splendid one to behold"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,966

    A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    If he were elected and had his way, how much would the taxes realistically be raised for the "commoners"?

    I make decent money in the 6 figures and we just bought a house last year that we need to "grow into". If taxes get raised a crazy amount and I can't afford my house, what happens from there? I'd have to give the government the finger basically.

    I understand his plan of higher taxes + no medical insurance premiums / copays, but lefties always generate the exact opposite of what they intend so if this were to happen, I fully expect to be taxed to death with piss poor health coverage.

    I honestly don't think he will get the nod from democrats and if so, he for sure won't get the presidency. My wife's cousins / aunt are die hard left nut liberals living in PA near Philly and they stated that if Bernie gets the nod, they will vote for Trump. That is how bad Bernie is. I am just trying to scope out the possibilities.

    This is a serious question so if you want to go on a rant for left or right, please go elsewhere.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    6,240

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Start with the California state tax plan and that is probably the blueprint.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,231

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    I don't even want to thing about it. I'm a small business owner and the amount of taxes we pay is staggering. We're already 'paying our fair share' and it worries me to think what would happen if BS wins the election. What worries me even more is that the economy would grind to a halt because of other people and businesses sharing our same concerns.
    PATRIOTS**
    BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled




    HTG ¤-

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    9,851

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    This calculator is fun to play around with. For me, I make money according to Sanders.
    http://www.bernietax.com/

    Much of this is over my head because I've never had enough resources to worry about taxes. The government can't take what I don't have.

    https://taxfoundation.org/details-an...rs-s-tax-plan/

  5. #5
    Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Gender
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    All you need to do is look at Venezuela and how well socialism is working there.


    Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

    Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    9,851

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Well there is socialism, a wildly corrupt Petro state, and the Sanders tax plan. Despite what the idiots on the TV say these are not necessarily the same thing.

  7. #7
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    5,485

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    If he were elected and had his way, how much would the taxes realistically be raised for the "commoners"?

    I make decent money in the 6 figures and we just bought a house last year that we need to "grow into". If taxes get raised a crazy amount and I can't afford my house, what happens from there? I'd have to give the government the finger basically.

    I understand his plan of higher taxes + no medical insurance premiums / copays, but lefties always generate the exact opposite of what they intend so if this were to happen, I fully expect to be taxed to death with piss poor health coverage.

    I honestly don't think he will get the nod from democrats and if so, he for sure won't get the presidency. My wife's cousins / aunt are die hard left nut liberals living in PA near Philly and they stated that if Bernie gets the nod, they will vote for Trump. That is how bad Bernie is. I am just trying to scope out the possibilities.

    This is a serious question so if you want to go on a rant for left or right, please go elsewhere.
    Aside from just your taxes, you'll have to consider whether you'll still have a job and what will happen to your cost of living.

    Well there is socialism, a wildly corrupt Petro state, and the Sanders tax plan. Despite what the idiots on the TV say these are not necessarily the same thing.
    Mojo, I just know that whenever we post on political matters, we are sure to disagree but are cool with that. This is no exception
    In my mind, they actually *do* work out to the same thing. The Federal government is corrupt as hell, Socialism destroys economies, and Bernie is brave and honest enough to proclaim that he is, in fact, a socialist. His tax plan reflects that.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    3,231

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This calculator is fun to play around with. For me, I make money according to Sanders.
    http://www.bernietax.com/

    Much of this is over my head because I've never had enough resources to worry about taxes. The government can't take what I don't have.

    https://taxfoundation.org/details-an...rs-s-tax-plan/

    50% tax on anything is fucking ridiculous
    PATRIOTS**
    BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled




    HTG ¤-

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array title="T&B fan will become famous soon enough"> T&B fan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in the snow belt
    Posts
    520

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This calculator is fun to play around with. For me, I make money according to Sanders.
    http://www.bernietax.com/

    Much of this is over my head because I've never had enough resources to worry about taxes. The government can't take what I don't have.

    https://taxfoundation.org/details-an...rs-s-tax-plan/
    know where your info comes from . the founder of the taxfoundation is scott hodge ,just a few min you see he all for tax cuts on the rich .

    now I'm not saying bernie is right , just know where the info is from and who funds it .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back

  10. #10
    One bad JuJu Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute"> 43Hitman's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Va
    Gender
    Posts
    6,828

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Earlier this week, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., estimated his Medicare for All proposal would cost up to $40 trillion over 10 years. Sanders has also said he would raise taxes, including for the middle class, to pay for Medicare for All, and that "there will be pain" in a transition to a single-payer system.

    $4 trillion - TRILLION, WITH A "T" - per year. Right now, the Federal government spends $4.41 trillion per year.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...w_Baseline.png






  11. #11
    Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Treasure Coast
    Posts
    11,028

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Sanders does not have a chance to win anything, so don't waste too much energy thinking about it.
    All Defense!

  12. #12
    Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Sanders is a wack job.... along with the "squad".

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    9,851

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Sanders is a wack job.... along with the "squad".
    They may be that. But they are among a small # of politicos that are talking about issues many voters care a great deal about.

    For many people college tuition, healthcare, climate change, and shifting the tax burden to the top tiers are the only issues they care about.

    I'm not saying they are right or whatnot, but the liberal wing of American politics dismissed the power of guns, God, and working class economic anger for many years. Look where that got them. Dismissal of the message because the messenger is distasteful is how political parties find themselves out of power and wandering in the wilderness.

  14. #14
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    5,485

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    For many people college tuition, healthcare, climate change, and shifting the tax burden to the top tiers are the only issues they care about.
    They might seem like "many people" to folks who spend all their time in and around college campuses, but in reality they're a very tiny, very fringe, and very vocal minority. A minority that, I might add, displays the logic and reason of a 14 year old, attempts to silence their opponents because they can't coherently articulate their own position, and don't vote.
    Sometimes it's wise to include the concerns of a group. Sometimes it's not...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    9,851

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    They might seem like "many people" to folks who spend all their time in and around college campuses, but in reality they're a very tiny, very fringe, and very vocal minority. A minority that, I might add, displays the logic and reason of a 14 year old, attempts to silence their opponents because they can't coherently articulate their own position, and don't vote.
    Sometimes it's wise to include the concerns of a group. Sometimes it's not...
    Numbers say that's not true but you can take it as you will. Don't really care.

    The don't vote part is typically very true. However, as soon as young people find a candidate who speaks to their issues and concerns, they vote in droves. Ask Obama.

  16. #16
    Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    There is simply no way to implement the free for everyone things Bernie and his ilk are espousing, without taking from other people. That just won't ever come to fruition. Trump will win again easily unless the left get's it's collective head out of it's ***.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,676

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    A famous quote "The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money"

  18. #18
    The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    5,485

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Trump will win again easily unless the left gets it's collective head out of it's ***.
    Get it out?!? They're doubling down and stuffing it further in! They abandoned their core constituency (blue collar rust belt labor) in 2016 in favor of Hollywood, the media, and campus activists. Instead of trying to get their base back, they actively alienated them through threats and insults. If they don't turn it around, I predict a wholesale ass- whupping with a decent chance of complete implosion of the Democratic Party.
    I'm disturbed by this possibility, since America can't function with only one viable party.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

  19. #19
    Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: A Serious Question About Bernie Sanders' Tax Raise Proposal ...

    I agree 100% Slash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •