Thread: Steelers Lack Of Playmakers Is Historically Bad

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers Lack Of Playmakers Is Historically Bad

If the Pittsburgh Steelers’ defense intercepted quarterbacks as many times as we talk about this issue, I wouldn’t have to write this article. But the more I dig into the numbers, the more I’m blown away by how bad this defense has been at creating splash plays.

We know what happened last year. Eight interceptions, six from the secondary, the many, many chances they let slip through their hands. They have to fix last year’s woes. That’s a fact.

But this isn’t a new problem. Failing to have a playmaker in the secondary has plagued this defense since Troy Polamalu retired. And I mean that literally. Polamalu is the last member of the Steelers’ defense to record at least 4 interceptions in a single season, picking off seven way back in 2010. For the last eight years, no one else has done it.

How bad of a drought is that?

Get this. It’s the longest streak in NFL history. Not active. Not in franchise history. In the entirety of professional football.

I’ve gone through each team’s history. Here are the longest streaks of a defender failing to record 4+ picks over the course of the season.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/st...torically-bad/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Lack Of Playmakers Is Historically Bad

Steelers Depot writers really need to attend journalism or at the very least 9th grade writing classes.

Just the title alone is so wrong and misleading...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    "...wrong and misleading..."
    This is the new gold standard for American 'journalism'.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Read something a bit back that talked about how the journos that write the articles don't get to write the headlines. That's all done by search engine optimization and page click gurus. Point? Headlines are written to generate clicks not represent content. Second point? The internet is mostly garbage.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    This is the new gold standard for American 'journalism'.
    Well, that is true.