Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Third string TE

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Third string TE

2nd string TE is a bigger question...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Except he was aWR in that movie. Not aTE.
    Thank you! we knew Phil Elliot wasn't at TE.

Still, on the Steelers front, Grimble might just make it based on experience and nobody else to supplant him. One longshot possibility is that he doesn't make the 53 and Gentry makes it more as a pass catcher, while CSW makes the squad more as a blocker.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Looking for a tight end?

The Steelers may be in the market for a tight end to back up Vance McDonald. Keep an eye on Tampa Bay as a trade option because Tanner Hudson is really making things complicated at tight end for the Buccaneers.

In the first two weeks of the preseason against the Steelers and the Miami Dolphins, Hudson has 13 catches for 177 yards and two touchdowns.

Some are thinking he could steal a job from backup tight end Anthony Auclair. Others are wondering if he may make Cameron Brate’s $7 million price tag expendable.

Before any of that happens, though, Hudson needs to make himself a better blocker. Head coach Bruce Arians ripped his blocking after the Miami game, saying, “He hurts himself when he gets beat on third-and-1 and we don’t make the first down. If he can learn to block he can really be an asset because he can really run and catch.”

At 6-5, 240 pounds, it may be wise to give Hudson’s blocking room to grow and perhaps deal Brate or Auclair.

https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...-for-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Except he was aWR in that movie. Not aTE.
    Haha and haven't seen the movie in over 5 years. His build in the movie remind me of a TE and not WR.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Rumors are the Steelers are in trade talks with Dallas to acquire this aging TE.

He’s good & all, but he uses a heck of a lot of drugs.

Not Sure is the smartest person on the planet!!! Then again, since this (below) is his agent/lawyer, I could foresee a holdout.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Haha Idiocracy another great movie I haven't seen in a few years. If they ever do a remake I think they should cast AB as President Camacho and Levon Bell for Dax Shepard's role.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There will be several TEs that will hit the market that will be better back up options than Grimble. Gentry should be good as a TE3 for now. It’s the TE2 spot that is the bigger concern because if McDonald goes down, Grimble isn’t the answer...not close...

Third string TE

After seeing a few preseason games, I’d actually keep 7 WRs and 2 TEs (McDonald and a nice veteran backup).

JUJU
    Moncrief
    Washington
    Switzer
    Johnson
    Spencer
    Rogers

McDonald
    veteran TE.

You can always add a TE3. After a while, they’re all pretty much the same and no one is ruching out to pick Grimble up of the free agent heap. Gentry probably would stick to the PS as well.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

2019 Steelers Training Camp Recap: Tight Ends

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on August 22, 2019

For the rest of the preseason, we’ll give a recap, position-by-position, player-by-player of what I saw during the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers training camp and preseason games. Let’s review the tight ends.

Tight Ends

Vance McDonald:

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/20...ap-tight-ends/

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Future HOF Antonio Gates?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Who is this Andrew Filliponi that posters keep referencing his tweets? His opinions are horrible. Does he have some kind of relevance, or is he some forum member? I mean, it seems like Matthew Marczi has more logical assertions on topics.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Who is this Andrew Filliponi that posters keep referencing his tweets? His opinions are horrible. Does he have some kind of relevance, or is he some forum member? I mean, it seems like Matthew Marczi has more logical assertions on topics.
    did you read his Jadeveon Clowney trade proposal? and he couldn't even spell Jadeveon correctly.

https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/s...86239019794432

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hey, now. It's on Twitter. Gotta be legitimate. Why stop and think about information sources when we can just tell about things on the internet?

I mean, it seems like Matthew Marczi has more logical assertions on topics.
    ooohhhh, now that's some cold shit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    did you read his Jadeveon Clowney trade proposal? and he couldn't even spell Jadeveon correctly.

https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/s...86239019794432
    Yeah, why bother to dubble check spelling or use spelled check?

At least he spelled Josh Dobbs to Indy for a 6th round pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hey, now. It's on Twitter. Gotta be legitimate. Why stop and think about information sources when we can just tell about things on the internet?
    I forgot. I just think that I follow people like Rich Eisen and Bill Simmons on Twitter and they have some insight into sports entertainment. This @phonyexpress guy is less than insightful.

- - - Updated - - -

ooohhhh, now that's some cold shit!!!
    Yeah, maybe pushed it too far. I had a Snickers bar and feel better now.

Seven Tight End Options The Steelers Should Consider

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on August 28, 2019

Haven’t done enough.

That’s how Mike Tomlin summed up the state of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ tight end group. And if there weren’t already alarm bells going off signaling a roster move, there sure are now.

With that in mind, here are seven options that would make sense for the Steelers to consider as a late-preseason trade or cutdown add. All speculation of course but these suggestions are in-line with the moves Kevin Colbert tends to make this time of year.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/se...ould-consider/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

My twitter sources are telling me that we're trading Josh Dobbs to the Pats for the rights to Gronk, who is coming out of retirement to sign a 3-year extension with the Steelers for $55M.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    My twitter sources are telling me that we're trading Josh Dobbs to the Pats for the rights to Gronk, who is coming out of retirement to sign a 3-year extension with the Steelers for $55M.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

2019 Steelers Training Camp Recap: Tight Ends

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on August 22, 2019

For the rest of the preseason, we’ll give a recap, position-by-position, player-by-player of what I saw during the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers training camp and preseason games. Let’s review the tight ends.

Tight Ends

Vance McDonald:

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/08/20...ap-tight-ends/

TE, haven't done enough. No worries we can stick anyone in there

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    TE
    if we had just drafted a TE in the first round for the last 5 years we wouldn't have this problem now, huh?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

if we had just drafted a TE in the first round for the last 5 years we wouldn't have this problem now, huh?
    Nah, we have Nix and Samuels

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

True. We would not have this exact problem.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Keep two TEs. Use Samuels as the “emergency” (in case of injury) TE. Use that extra spot for Tuzar Skipper.

If we need a third TE for a certain game, simply pick one up off of the street. Really. There’s be no difference (considering their performances in the preseason). That, or, simply promote Gentry from the PS for a week.

SUMMATION:
    That third spot would be better utilized by keeping a player at a different position.

Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Keep two TEs. Use Samuels as the “emergency” (in case of injury) TE. Use that extra spot for Tuzar Skipper.

If we need a third TE for a certain game, simply pick one up off of the street. Really. There’s be no difference (considering their performances in the preseason). That, or, simply promote Gentry from the PS for a week.

SUMMATION:
    That third spot would be better utilized by keeping a player at a different position.
    If the Steelers want to make a lineup with 3 TE (which is only in goal line situation) the steelers just need to use an extra O-lineman for the 3rd TE ... Anyway I do not think a team have 3 TEs who are all good receivers.

But I admit that I am surprised that Colbert did not make a trade this week for a backup TE(second TE) ... Colbert had made trade before the 4th preseason often in the last few years ... But not the case this year

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the Steelers want to make a lineup with 3 TE (which is only in goal line situation) the steelers just need to use an extra O-lineman for the 3rd TE ... Anyway I do not think a team have 3 TEs who are all good receivers.

But I admit that I am surprised that Colbert did not make a trade this week for a backup TE(second TE) ... Colbert had made trade before the 4th preseason often in the last few years ... But not the case this year
    Not shocking. There will be plenty of 2nd and 3rd TEs better than what is on the Steelers roster released for “free” in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Grimble is a third TE at best....

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Grimble is a third TE at best....
    who will be our number 2?

2 others possibility...