Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florio On The Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Florio On The Steelers

The video, not the AB BS article.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ks-get-better/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Florio On The Steelers

Oh goodie....Florio.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Florio has been pretty high on the Steelers this offseason and sees them winning the division. I am forced to agree with him this time.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The Raiders don't know AB the way we do. He's acting like he's running for mayor and trying to make new friends. It means Jack. When he's not getting the football enough, or Carr is struggling, or the team is 3-6 I know which AB they Raiders will see.

On Florio himself, I'm okay with what he says from an operational and financial standpoint about NFL teams and decisions made around them. But have no illusions, this well spoke West Virginia lawyer grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan. Super Bowl IX 16-6 score is still in his mind, and I think he still relishes sticking it to the Steelers when the facts of the situation suit him. Not saying he's wrong when he does it, just saying he seems to enjoy it too much.

For a national football guy, I think he's decent, more so on radio than on television.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    The Raiders don't know AB the way we do. He's acting like he's running for mayor and trying to make new friends. It means Jack. When he's not getting the football enough, or Carr is struggling, or the team is 3-6 I know which AB they Raiders will see.
    AB was always the hardest working guy in the room. He worked his way from 6th round pick to top WR in the NFL over multiple seasons, I don't see him as the pariah many make him out to be. He is going to try and lead by example with the Raiders, but will likely find out the QB situation isn't as talented as it was in PIT, but he likely wont be called out in the media by his QB in Oakland, when the QB makes a mistake.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

AB likes to project himself as a good human being but he really isn't. He will try and fool the Raiders before things go south and he acts like a jerk over in Oakland. Certainly, losing 10-12 games a year will cause him to complain and demand a trade in 2 years max

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    AB likes to project himself as a good human being but he really isn't. He will try and fool the Raiders before things go south and he acts like a jerk over in Oakland. Certainly, losing 10-12 games a year will cause him to complain and demand a trade in 2 years max
    Wow! There is a reason why the really good posters are.......posting less and less. I’m not one of them, but I sure like reading there posts. Shoes said NOT the AB BS.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Wow! There is a reason why the really good posters are.......posting less and less.
    you're absolutely correct, I've noticed for awhile now that the negative attitude that exists on this message board has really decreased posting activity here.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He is going to try and lead by example with the Raiders, but will likely find out the QB situation isn't as talented as it was in PIT, but he likely wont be called out in the media by his QB in Oakland, when the QB makes a mistake.
    No, but he is quite likely to completely flip his shit and return to sideline Gatorade bucket tossing when his numbers precipitously decline and his new QB one-hops too many passes in the dirt to him.

But yeah, it was obviously all Roethlisberger's fault he basically went off the deep end. Poor little AB - I'll bet Heath Miller telling him to STFU and stop whining about his touches a few seasons back probably scarred him for life as well.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    you're absolutely correct, I've noticed for awhile now that the negative attitude that exists on this message board has really decreased posting activity here.

I think the lower posting activity is due to people losing interest in the NFL, offseason and the Steelers being underachievers.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Meh...

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, lack of interest in NFL, off-season. Negativity shouldn’t scare anyone away...unless they are all about rainbows and unicorn 24/7. If that’s the case, then the internet world (and world in general) is not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I don’t think anyone is scared. There are just better things to do, than read the same non-interesting, bashing someone posts, by the same people.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Wow! There is a reason why the really good posters are.......posting less and less. I’m not one of them, but I sure like reading there posts. Shoes said NOT the AB BS.
    Chill out, I was replying to a comment

AB was always the hardest working guy in the room. He worked his way from 6th round pick to top WR in the NFL over multiple seasons, I don't see him as the pariah many make him out to be. He is going to try and lead by example with the Raiders, but will likely find out the QB situation isn't as talented as it was in PIT, but he likely wont be called out in the media by his QB in Oakland, when the QB makes a mistake.
    That's a bold statement. Did AB work harder than Watt, Heyward, or Big Al? We have a lot of hard working types on the team. No doubt Brown worked hard on his game, but he also was a distraction for more than one season.

Ben makes his receivers, not the other way around. Welcome to a losing team with an average quarterback Mr. Big Chest.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I am sick and tired of hearing that nobody is working harder than AB.

Yes AB works very hard, but he is not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I am sick and tired of hearing that nobody is working harder than AB.

Yes AB works very hard, but he is not the only one!
    From what I’ve seen, JuJu works as hard as AB......Steelers wise, and much more city of Pittsburgh wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Chill out, I was replying to a comment
    I don’t care. Guess you felt you needed to.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That's a bold statement. Did AB work harder than Watt, Heyward, or Big Al? We have a lot of hard working types on the team. No doubt Brown worked hard on his game, but he also was a distraction for more than one season.

Ben makes his receivers, not the other way around. Welcome to a losing team with an average quarterback Mr. Big Chest.
    Yes. AB is/was one of the hardest working players on that team by far. Harrison may be the only one that worked harder. Being an asshole doesn’t mean he doesn’t work/train hard. He trained hard as an athlete and he trained hard to be an asshole.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

That's a bold statement. Did AB work harder than Watt, Heyward, or Big Al? We have a lot of hard working types on the team.
    “How many No. 1 receivers in the NFL are catching punts in practice and running it all way back for a touchdown?” Steelers quarterback
    Ben Roethlisberger
    says. “Then Dri [Archer] steps up and [Brown] tells him to get out because he wants another one. His work ethic and demeanor and attitude are just unbelievable. He’s literally nonstop and I’ll grab him and pull him aside and make up a fake conversation just to keep him out of running so many (punts) back and wearing himself down. His work ethic and attitude are just unbelievable.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/10597/antonio-browns-work-ethic-sets-him-apart

“How many No. 1 receivers in the NFL are catching punts in practice and running it all way back for a touchdown?” Steelers quarterback
    Ben Roethlisberger
    says. “Then Dri [Archer] steps up and [Brown] tells him to get out because he wants another one. His work ethic and demeanor and attitude are just unbelievable. He’s literally nonstop and I’ll grab him and pull him aside and make up a fake conversation just to keep him out of running so many (punts) back and wearing himself down. His work ethic and attitude are just unbelievable.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/10597/antonio-browns-work-ethic-sets-him-apart
    Brown is not alone.....Several players work hard like him, but we do not hear that every week for his players.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Brown is not alone.....Several players work hard like him, but we do not hear that every week for his players.
    That was high praise from Ben Roethlisberger himself. "His work ethic and attitude are just unbelievable."

I don't recall him dishing out that kind of compliment to all 52 of his kids on the roster.

That was high praise from Ben Roethlisberger himself. "His work ethic and attitude are just unbelievable."

I don't recall him dishing out that kind of compliment to all 52 of his kids on the roster.
    I know that Brown works hard, but he's just not the only one.

Ben has often said compliments on his players in his career, as at his o-line (even during the time that this o-line was horrible) Mike Wallace or many others.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is just classic. Go pull up any thread from the last 4-5 years and see how AB was talked about compared to now. My personal favorite is all the comments about just getting the ball to AB so he can make plays and now it's all about how that was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is just classic. Go pull up any thread from the last 4-5 years and see how AB was talked about compared to now. My personal favorite is all the comments about just getting the ball to AB so he can make plays and now it's all about how that was bad.
    You are so correct on that. Everything that made AB great 4-5 years ago is now bad, hated and overrated.

Since when does anyone say that Brown is not the only one worked hard is negative?

Your reaction is as if I said that Brown was not working hard

- - - Updated - - -

My point for the post number 16 is that players like J.J Watt in Houston are working hard too, same for other players, but we do not hear that every week!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

It’s not only being teamed up with an average QB. AB is over thirty. I think his best days are behind him. In a year or two he may be more suited to being a no 2 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    It’s not only being teamed up with an average QB. AB is over thirty. I think his best days are behind him. In a year or two he may be more suited to being a no 2 receiver.
    I think Brown will still be productive .... maybe not at the 2014,2015 or 2017 level, but he'll be elite on the field .... but will he be happy with Gruden and Carr?? ... That's another question!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So true. Remember people brought up,the comparison to Rice and how he would surpass Jerry...lol.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So true. Remember people brought up,the comparison to Rice and how he would surpass Jerry...lol.
    I don’t see how this is weird or inconsistent. AB was well on his way to being the greatest receiver of all time. His work ethic was equal to none. That’s what we saw. That’s what we all knew. We weren’t wrong. We loved him, and rightly so.

Then either he changed or we all just learned knew things about him that we had no way of knowing before. Turns out the guy is crazy and selfish and everything else that has revealed itself recently.

There’s been no irrational flip flopping from commenters. Everything we said then was true, and based on new information, everything we’re saying now is true.

There’s no gotcha to be had about commenters adapting their thoughts based on what we know when we know it.

Remember when Patriots fans liked Aaron Hernandez? Yeah. So?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I always thought it was unlikely ... I still think he'll finish 2nd in yards in his career if Brown stays healthy.