Thread: Broncos HC Vic Fangio with interesting comments about Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Broncos HC Vic Fangio with interesting comments about Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw

Where former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw falls in the pantheon of NFL quarterbacks has always been up for debate. Despite winning four Super Bowls, he is almost never mentioned among the top four of five greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Another quarterback of the same era who didn’t see the individual success Bradshaw did was Archie Manning. When Manning took in a Denver Broncos practice last week, head coach Vic Fangio talked about Manning and Bradshaw and had some strong words about the comparison.

“I always said if he was with the Pittsburgh Steelers back when he played instead of [Terry] Bradshaw (if him and Bradshaw switched spots), Archie would have had all those Super Bowl rings and Bradshaw would have had to go through the agony of playing with the Saints in the ’70s,” Fangio said.

It’s an interesting debate and it has plenty of merits. Bradshaw was surrounded by Hall of Famers on both sides of the football. Manning had very little talent around him and the Saints were a joke in the league.

What do you think? Would the Steelers have still won four Super Bowls if Manning had been the quarterback instead of Bradshaw?

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...erry-bradshaw/

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Broncos HC Vic Fangio with interesting comments about Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw

LOL. You could say the same about Roger Staubach as well if you switch him and Manning. You could also say the same thing about Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith as well.

What a stupid comparison.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Broncos HC Vic Fangio with interesting comments about Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw

Slow news day? Are we really discussing Vic Fangio opinion on time travel hypotheticals?

If I got in my DeLorean and went back in time I could tell the Steelers to draft Dan Marino, but I cant.....so who cares?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Well, Bert Flaccid replacing Case Keenum will produce the same results as last year.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Would Archie Manning have led 6 4th quarter TD drives in 4 Super Bowls?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Would Booker T have been the five-time... five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time WCW champion if the Rock was employed by the WCW instead of the WWE?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Well, Bert Flaccid replacing Case Keenum will produce the same results as last year.
    Imagine how far he can overthrow his receivers in that high altitude

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

After reading the original article with the Fazio quotes, apparently he was sucking up to Archie after Archie & Peyton attended Broncos practice last week. Fazio also said Archie might be the best QB in the Manning family.

More off season chatter to kill time until training camp in July

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    "Looks like a Super Bowl MVP" - Von Miller

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The bigger the game, the better Bradshaw seemed to play. Would Archie Manning have reacted the same way in games where most of the country was watching?

After all, Peyton sure choked often enough in big game situations, and he was a better QB than both of them. Being nicknamed "Mr. October" is only a good thing in MLB...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The bigger the game, the better Bradshaw seemed to play. Would Archie Manning have reacted the same way in games where most of the country was watching?

After all, Peyton sure choked often enough in big game situations, and he was a better QB than both of them. Being nicknamed "Mr. October" is only a good thing in MLB...
    To his credit, isn't Peyton like 3-1 against Tom Brady in AFC Championship games? That definitely counts for a big stage, against an arguably top 3 all-time QB

I had an ex gf who was a big time patriots fan, and she had a pure hatred for peyton manning. I asked her why, and she said when it mattered most, peyton usually had brady's number

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    To his credit, isn't Peyton like 3-1 against Tom Brady in AFC Championship games? That definitely counts for a big stage, against an arguably top 3 all-time QB

I had an ex gf who was a big time patriots fan, and she had a pure hatred for peyton manning. I asked her why, and she said when it mattered most, peyton usually had brady's number
    And Eli is 2-0 in the big stage against Brady...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Peyton won his last 3 AFC Championship games against Brady.
    P.S. sorry you dated an ex Pats fan

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sounds like Vic Fangio is having a lemon party with Archie Manning.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Sounds like Vic Fangio is having a lemon party with Archie Manning.
    Bradshaw couldn't spell lemon if you spotted him the emon.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    P.S. sorry you dated an ex Pats fan
    I'm not. aside from an annoying boston accent she gave great head

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I'm not. aside from an annoying boston accent she gave great head
    that's the best way I can think of quieting down that boston accent

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Bradshaw wants to know what an emon is.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Archie Manning was asked about Peyton and "Omaha". Archie explained it meant many different things depending on the opponent, defensive alignment, play called, field position, etc. Archie was then asked if there was a pre-snap word or phrase that he used the way Peyton uses "Omaha". Archie said, "BLOCK! DAMN YOU! BLOCK!".

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Coaching legend Vic Fangio knows greatness.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    but he could hit swann with it at 60 yards
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Archie was very talented. But he was on some really bad teams when his skills were at their best. By the time the Saints put together a half decent roster Archie's knee's and shoulder were shot. It's a shame for him because I think he could have been a lot more productive in a better setting.

That said there's nothing he did in his NFL career to suggest he would have been Bradshaw's equal. Bradshaw's last 3 (full) seasons were on some fairly mediocre teams. And his stats those years (80-83) were far greater than any season Manning ever produced.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."