Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Add one player from anywhere in the NFL to the Steelers current roster for just this season,Who is it?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Add one player from anywhere in the NFL to the Steelers current roster for just this season,Who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Aaron Donald. He can’t be stopped.
    The Zebra's can if they want and didn't it to Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Add one player from anywhere in the NFL to the Steelers current roster for just this season,Who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I figure we have all the talent we need on offense and defense, so I'll go with Justin Tucker.
    Great answer!!! Last season, we win two more games straight-up (and possibly a third) if we simply make two (three?) freakin’ FGs!!!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Von Miller .....

put him on the field in place of Dupree and let him and TJ pin their ears back down after down ....

if a QB has no time to throw I could play Corner and the team be successful ( since I broke my leg in 3 places running is not something I can do ) ........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Can I pick Belichick as coach instead? That way he could fire all of Tomlin's assistants.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Von Miller .....

put him on the field in place of Dupree and let him and TJ pin their ears back down after down ....

if a QB has no time to throw I could play Corner and the team be successful ( since I broke my leg in 3 places running is not something I can do ) ........
    I was strongly considering him, but went with Mack cause he is 2 years younger

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I'd say Brady for one reason only. I want all of the Boston fans to see him dress in Black and Gold for one season just to drive them insane.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

All these people saying Tom Brady - ugh. What I suggested was merely to put him on the roster and deactivate him so the Patriots would be screwed over. Then release him 5 minutes before the kickoff of the Super Bowl so he doesn't "win" another title.

I would rather be in the front row of the crowd at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest, and then have Joey Chestnut eat 70 hot dogs and throw up on me, and the throw-up goes in my mouth and I swallow it, than ever see Tom Brady actually play a down for the Steelers.

Unless MAYBE it was one of those things where the linemen get out of the way and let him get injured. But even then, it would be a barfy sight.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I feel like a defense anchored by multiple HOF players and Ed Reed (he belongs in the hall of the just unbelievable or something) might have had something to do with that. I don't care how tough you are or are not, when Suggs and Lewis are moving you off your spot and you are throwing into a secondary anchored by Ed Reed, you are going to struggle a bit.
    agreed. even if we say that defense was tough, 3 years doesnt make the entire afcn physical

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I was strongly considering him, but went with Mack cause he is 2 years younger
    since the question posed a " 1 year only " pre qualifier those 2 years didn't matter to me ... but the reality its a 1A) 1B) proposition I don't think between the 2 of them there is a wrong choice
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Brady would have been killed with the offensive line we had several years ago.

Edit: and then I noticed you're referring to this season only
    Last edited by vasteeler; 06-10-2019 at 06:37 PM.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Brady would have been killed with the offensive line we had several years ago.

Edit: and then I noticed you're referring to this season only

brady would have adapted and got rid of the ball quickly...like he always does

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    All these people saying Tom Brady - ugh. What I suggested was merely to put him on the roster and deactivate him so the Patriots would be screwed over. Then release him 5 minutes before the kickoff of the Super Bowl so he doesn't "win" another title.

I would rather be in the front row of the crowd at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest, and then have Joey Chestnut eat 70 hot dogs and throw up on me, and the throw-up goes in my mouth and I swallow it, than ever see Tom Brady actually play a down for the Steelers.

Unless MAYBE it was one of those things where the linemen get out of the way and let him get injured. But even then, it would be a barfy sight.
    Does he send the rent checks directly to you for that space in your mind?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Does he send the rent checks directly to you for that space in your mind?
    I thought to be in your mind, someone was supposed to be an opponent or rival, not just some random football player that you think is a piece of shit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    Please ... not when your OC calls for every receiver to go deep.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    Maybe not

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Luke Kuechly

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    I'd say Brady for one reason only. I want all of the Boston fans to see him dress in Black and Gold for one season just to drive them insane.
    They may just convert to Steelers fans. Many are bandwagon jumpers who will jump ship when the Pat's become irrelevant again after Brady and bellichick are gone anyway

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I figure we have all the talent we need on offense and defense, so I'll go with Justin Tucker.

Good one. It's between him and Aaron Donald for me. Both are generational type players. Donald might be the most fun player to watch in the league. But in the end I'll go Tucker. Every time you cross midfield you're in scoring range with him.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Tom Brady. Sits on bench inactive all year. Patriots have no quarterback, miss playoffs. We cakewalk to a bye; two hands of blackjack to make the Super Bowl.
    Perfect. Thread closed as far as I'm concerned.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I thought to be in your mind, someone was supposed to be an opponent or rival, not just some random football player that you think is a piece of shit.
    Denial is one way to go.