Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers OLB Bud Dupree: ‘This Is Going To Be The Best Year I’ve Played In The NFL

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Re: Steelers OLB Bud Dupree: ‘This Is Going To Be The Best Year I’ve Played In The NFL

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Dupree could have 10 sacks, 40 tackles, be a solid run defender and be effective dropping in coverage and he would still have very vocal critics. just look at how some fans complained about Lawrence Timmons his entire career in B&G.
    I think those are the kind of numbers most of us would have to see to feel like he wasn't a bust. Silencing critics is almost impossible because the expectation was so high for a top pick outside linebacker for this team. It won't happen, but if those numbers reflected the year It think most of us would say "Ok, he's good enough to get the job done". Especially with Watt on the other side. I don't think he'll get there. It doesn't seem like he's gotten any stronger since his rookie year. He still gets ridden past the QB on rushes. It doesn't seem that his repertoire has expanded in his moves either. Everything seems speed reliant and he's got no where to go after that. Hopefully we are all wrong and he cranked it up in the weight room and is ready anchor his side of the field.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Steelers OLB Bud Dupree: ‘This Is Going To Be The Best Year I’ve Played In The NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Look not a huge fan of Bud but he is decent and can't upgrade every position in a year or two. I hope next year they will draft his upgrade in the early rds. Unless his upgrade is already on the team but for now he is serviceable for this coming season.
    For $9 million he needs to be better than decent.
    Hater = Realist