Thread: JuJu Smith-Schuster all business as he assumes No. 1 receiver role

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

JuJu Smith-Schuster all business as he assumes No. 1 receiver role

Back from the prom, JuJu Smith-Schuster has traded his matching green velvet tuxedo with bell-bottom pants for the practice jersey he has worn every day of the Steelers’ offseason training activities.

Three weeks into OTAs and Smith-Schuster hasn’t missed a day of the workouts at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex, sending a message to everyone that he is all about commitment and winning. In that time, the Pro Bowl receiver can also be found all over social media, whether dancing on stage at a Juice Wrld concert at Stage AE, distributing Heinz ketchup at Kennywood or attending the Chartiers Valley High School prom with a male student who asked him to go.

He even bought the matching tuxedo for him and student Anthony Molinaro.

“I picked ‘em out,” Smith-Schuster said. “Green velvet, suede, with bells. But it was hot in that suit.”

Smith-Schuster was hot in his regular Sunday suit in 2018, eclipsing the production of Antonio Brown and leading the Steelers with 111 receptions and 1,426 receiving yards. Three of his seven touchdown catches were for 67 yards or longer. He also caught a 97-yard touchdown for the second year in a row, giving him three scores of 96 yards or longer in two seasons.

He enters his third NFL season as the team’s undisputed No. 1 receiver, now that Brown was traded to the Oakland Raiders. And he has made a point to show up every day for the voluntary OTAs on the South Side to mesh with the two new receivers on the team — veteran Donte Moncrief and rookie Diontae Johnson – and serve as something of a role model.

“It’s very important,” Smith-Schuster said Wednesday after practice. “There are some new guys on the team, and building that chemistry and that connection means a lot. Me just being here, being around other guys, shows I’m ready to play, I’m all about the team, I’m all about us. We’re here for one reason.”

read more

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201906050132

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster all business as he assumes No. 1 receiver role

Ju Ju is more Hines Ward like than AB like when it comes to personality.

On the field he is just plain "Litty".

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

JuJu is still young, but as a 3rd year guy he is an experienced player and starting to show leadership. Great to see, but lets not forget that he was catching lots of extra passes after practice as a rookie. The Hines Ward comparisons are pretty good in work ethic, toughness, willingness to block, etc. These kind of plays in college show what kind of resume he showed up with in Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    lol, after seeing that, Jon Gruden's voice popped in my head "Yeah... that's gonna be a penalty, and a fine..."