Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy Or Sell: AB’s Absence Will Lead To Fewer Interceptions From Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buy Or Sell: AB’s Absence Will Lead To Fewer Interceptions From Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    There was hate for Graham. Same way there was for Randle El. It wasn’t that Cowher didn’t know how to use Vrabel, there was no room for Vrabel. But that really has nothing to do with the hate people had for him after he left.

Point is...there’s no objectivity whether they are assholes when they leave or leave on good terms. Once gone, they suck, what they did in Pittsburgh wasn’t that great and nothing they do from here on out is any good...lol.

A couple years ago, people around here were all over ABs junk about how he’s going to be better than Jerry Rice. He could do no wrong. Best receiver in the league. He was saying all the right things and then all of a sudden his ego stepped in and people thought he was just being funny and then it went all sideways...but people still defended him up until this past off-season. Now the guy all of a sudden isn’t a Top-5 talent...was never that good to start with, won’t be missed...blah, blah, blah. Same love JuJu is getting right now is the exact same love that AB got when Sanders left and what was Sanders? He sucked all of a sudden...lol.
    Again, Pittsburgh is no different than several other city

And who said that AB is not a top 5 talent and was never that good?...Not on this forum unless it was an overreation after the news.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Buy Or Sell: AB’s Absence Will Lead To Fewer Interceptions From Roethlisberger

There was hate for Graham. Same way there was for Randle El. It wasn’t that Cowher didn’t know how to use Vrabel, there was no room for Vrabel. But that really has nothing to do with the hate people had for him after he left.

Point is...there’s no objectivity whether they are assholes when they leave or leave on good terms. Once gone, they suck, what they did in Pittsburgh wasn’t that great and nothing they do from here on out is any good...lol.

A couple years ago, people around here were all over ABs junk about how he’s going to be better than Jerry Rice. He could do no wrong. Best receiver in the league. He was saying all the right things and then all of a sudden his ego stepped in and people thought he was just being funny and then it went all sideways...but people still defended him up until this past off-season. Now the guy all of a sudden isn’t a Top-5 talent...was never that good to start with, won’t be missed...blah, blah, blah. Same love JuJu is getting right now is the exact same love that AB got when Sanders left and what was Sanders? He sucked all of a sudden...lol.
    I used to idolize OJ Simpson.

But... things change.

At least,Pittsburgh fan don't fight each other like that!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I can only speak for myself. I have no problems with people who leave the team on good terms. ARE and Plex both left the team for more money at the end of their contract, and that is fine with me. There was no way we were going to outbid the skins for ARE. I also had no hate for Vrabel he was a good player for us and was practically given to that team by Cowher. I do wish he hadn't played for that team, but doesn't mean I hate him for it.

That all being said there is a BIG difference in leaving on good terms and burning down the team on your way out. James, Bell and AB all did just that and therefore tarnished everything they did. This all started when sucker punch was on the team. I have always and will always believe that he alone caused the situation with Bell. He was in his ear at the start of his career. He was by a looooong shot the worst free agent pickup the Steelers have ever made. It wasn't long and before players knew, it you want off the team then just do what he did and you will get your wishes. All 3 had good plays that no matter what will always be remembered, but they will also be tarnished. James in particular helped us win a superbowl, AB helped us beat the Ravens on Christmas day and Bell with his last second TD against the chargers. Of all of them I would say that Bell is more of a dipshit, James made bigger impact to the Steelers and AB was more of an asshole. Fault me for it all you want but that is the way I see it.

Yes AB is a top 5 if not the best WR in the NFL...when he played for us. I do not believe he will have that same success with David Carr as his QB. Ben had a LOT to do with AB's success's. There may even be some drop off with our game until Ben has time to gets up to speed with his new additions. That does't mean we can't be better without AB. It just recently came out that AB is more concerned about catching Rice than he is about winning...nice message to send to your new team and in my books shows me that he is deserving of the asshole title he has been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I can only speak for myself. I have no problems with people who leave the team on good terms. ARE and Plex both left the team for more money at the end of their contract, and that is fine with me. There was no way we were going to outbid the skins for ARE. I also had no hate for Vrabel he was a good player for us and was practically given to that team by Cowher. I do wish he hadn't played for that team, but doesn't mean I hate him for it.

That all being said there is a BIG difference in leaving on good terms and burning down the team on your way out. James, Bell and AB all did just that and therefore tarnished everything they did. This all started when sucker punch was on the team. I have always and will always believe that he alone caused the situation with Bell. He was in his ear at the start of his career. He was by a looooong shot the worst free agent pickup the Steelers have ever made. It wasn't long and before players knew, it you want off the team then just do what he did and you will get your wishes. All 3 had good plays that no matter what will always be remembered, but they will also be tarnished. James in particular helped us win a superbowl, AB helped us beat the Ravens on Christmas day and Bell with his last second TD against the chargers. Of all of them I would say that Bell is more of a dipshit, James made bigger impact to the Steelers and AB was more of an asshole. Fault me for it all you want but that is the way I see it.

Yes AB is a top 5 if not the best WR in the NFL...when he played for us. I do not believe he will have that same success with David Carr as his QB. Ben had a LOT to do with AB's success's. There may even be some drop off with our game until Ben has time to gets up to speed with his new additions. That does't mean we can't be better without AB. It just recently came out that AB is more concerned about catching Rice than he is about winning...nice message to send to your new team and in my books shows me that he is deserving of the asshole title he has been shown.
    I'm of the same opinion that you ... It's important to leave on the right terms, what players like Brown and Bell have not done.

In the case of James Harrison, it's a little different, since James Harrison was just a bench warner in 2017, I would have been very upset if I was Harrison too.It was very painful at this time, but I understood Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I don't see this brought up hardly ever in the Ben's INT discussions. To me it's more important what part of the field he is throwing them. Not so much the total, at both goallines are game killer ints and hope he cuts down on them! who cares if he throws a 60 yard int on third down ? Heck that is good as a punt if not better. Just wanted to point this out and again hardly ever brought up!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I don't see this brought up hardly ever in the Ben's INT discussions. To me it's more important what part of the field he is throwing them. Not so much the total, at both goallines are game killer ints and hope he cuts down on them! who cares if he throws a 60 yard int on third down ? Heck that is good as a punt if not better. Just wanted to point this out and again hardly ever brought up!
    But how many of those INT's were just as good as a punt? I guess the one in Denver on the goal line was just as good as punt, since the ball comes out to the 20 yard line.

Most of the INT's of the 10 to 20 yard nature are really no different, that if a RB had a 10 or 20 yard run and fumbled the ball away on contact while struggling for more yardage. Turnover and net yardage are pretty much the same, so don't really understand why if a RB does that, the player is vilified, yet the QB that throws the INT is just accepted as part of throwing the football.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    But how many of those INT's were just as good as a punt? I guess the one in Denver on the goal line was just as good as punt, since the ball comes out to the 20 yard line.

Most of the INT's of the 10 to 20 yard nature are really no different, that if a RB had a 10 or 20 yard run and fumbled the ball away on contact while struggling for more yardage. Turnover and net yardage are pretty much the same, so don't really understand why if a RB does that, the player is vilified, yet the QB that throws the INT is just accepted as part of throwing the football.
    Maybe because a RB fumble is different usually. With a QB like Ben, typically a DB makes a play on a contested throw and wins a 50/50 ball. Yes some passes are smarter than others but usually a 50/50 that went the other way. If the RB fumbles it is closer to always the RB’s fault. Helmet to ball, rip at the ball, punch at the ball are all things RBs practice against. So I would say RB fumbles are from 75%-99% the RBs fault. Just my opinion.

Last season Grimble and JuJu’s fumbles cost us games. Fault goes to Grimble and JuJu, IMO. WRs definitely take the blame for fumbles more than RBs and a lot of times should take blame for INTs as well.