Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

Re: Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

That will NEVER happen, fit this guy for a straight jacket.

From DK.

Can he catch Rice?

Well, he's 31, and his 130 games over nine NFL seasons have brought 837 catches for 11,207 yards and 74 touchdowns. To catch Rice in any of those categories, he'd need 174 more games, 713 more catches, 11,689 more yards and 124 more touchdowns. On the game count alone, he'd need to log 11 more seasons and never miss -- or simply blow off -- a single game. Even if the league succeeds in its new bid to expand the regular season to 18 games, he'd need to stay at a star level for another decade.

Without a franchise quarterback the caliber of Ben Roethlisberger, it should be stressed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Should’ve stayed humble and stayed in Pittsburgh...chances were best there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I will give AB credit for candor - the only thing that matters for him are personal stats rather than winning a championship

I wonder if Gruden will make it to October before AB starts bitching about not being targeted often enough or Carr missing on passes

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I will give AB credit for candor - the only thing that matters for him are personal stats rather than winning a championship

I wonder if Gruden will make it to October before AB starts bitching about not being targeted often enough or Carr missing on passes
    Mark Schlereth put it in an interesting way. "Tomlin put up with ABs schtick for years, the question is if Gruden will show the same patience with a me WR or if this becomes a problem sooner".
    I think as long as AB is getting the 'STAR' accolades and doesn't have to share the spotlight things will be fine in Raiderland. As soon as they WIN a game with AB only getting a few targets for only a few yards is when I think the problem starts gaining legs. It IS only a matter of time. We all know it's coming.

Brown is going to be with the Raiders 2 seasons maximum ... At the moment it's going well, since it's the honeymoon, but when the honeymoon will over, it'll be ugly with Gruden and Carr.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Brown is going to be with the Raiders 2 seasons maximum ... At the moment it's going well, since it's the honeymoon, but when the honeymoon will over, it'll be ugly with Gruden and Carr.

Well it couldn't happen to a better cocky coach and GM. They think they got one over on the Steelers, well maybe they did in the short term but the Steelers will be the long term winners out of this mess.

Raider team leaders:

AB
    Burfict
    Incognito

Championship!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That will NEVER happen, fit this guy for a straight jacket.

From DK.

Can he catch Rice?

Well, he's 31, and his 130 games over nine NFL seasons have brought 837 catches for 11,207 yards and 74 touchdowns. To catch Rice in any of those categories, he'd need 174 more games, 713 more catches, 11,689 more yards and 124 more touchdowns. On the game count alone, he'd need to log 11 more seasons and never miss -- or simply blow off -- a single game. Even if the league succeeds in its new bid to expand the regular season to 18 games, he'd need to stay at a star level for another decade.

Without a franchise quarterback the caliber of Ben Roethlisberger, it should be stressed.
    People started saying the same thing about Megatron. I listed the stars as to why Jerry Rice would never be surpassed... with health being one of the biggest factors.

Same applies here.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    What an a$$. Think it if you want, but don't say it, especially at this moment.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

You never know what you're capable of when you have AB's gold moustache and Carr's eyeliner

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    You never know what you're capable of when you have AB's gold moustache and Carr's eyeliner
    TLC??

The L’Oreal Connection?

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

It's really going to piss me off if he and Carr light it up for the next few years.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    It's really going to piss me off if he and Carr light it up for the next few years.
    I'm pretty confident that they will blow up the stat sheet. Carr is a decent QB and AB is still one of the best WRs in the league.

Problem is I doubt that'll turn Oakland into a winning program, they have a lot of holes that haven't been addressed. But hey if AB is getting his stats he'll be happy right? They'll be the 2nd coming of Jeff George and Andre Rison

I'm pretty confident that they will blow up the stat sheet. Carr is a decent QB and AB is still one of the best WRs in the league.

Problem is I doubt that'll turn Oakland into a winning program, they have a lot of holes that haven't been addressed. But hey if AB is getting his stats he'll be happy right? They'll be the 2nd coming of Jeff George and Andre Rison
    Average QB, Star WR, shitty team. Sounds like Megatron...

100% agree

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

All that matter are his stats, not winning, not playing in a Super Bowl, just his stats and his stats alone. Yep, make sure to accurately feed him the ball non-stop otherwise he'll throw a hissy fit on the sidelines

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"My career stats and a place among the all-time greats to play the game are what matters - so I will go to a worse team with almost no chance of winning anything important, and surround myself with worse players and a worse QB in order to accomplish that."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

AB should cash his checks and shut his mouth.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Sounds like everything went to Browns big head it's a shame but, he got what he wanted. I picture him throwing alot of crap on the sidelines at Carr.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Very sad.

I really think something's gone wrong in his head. His personality and demeanor really seems to have changed. In this day and age, you simply can't hide what he is now from cameras for the years he was a Steeler, and that was not who he was five, six years ago.
    Ever since the hit by his new teammate.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

He couldn't catch Hines Ward when he was in Pittsburgh, despite playing his entire career (to date) with Ben.

He stands no chance catching Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Very sad.

I really think something's gone wrong in his head. His personality and demeanor really seems to have changed. In this day and age, you simply can't hide what he is now from cameras for the years he was a Steeler, and that was not who he was five, six years ago.
    That’s what money and ego does to people who aren’t mentally balanced.

Too bad AB isn't even gonna catch trent dilfer in super bowl championships

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Too bad AB isn't even gonna catch trent dilfer in super bowl championships
    Or limas sweed

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Or limas sweed

ouch!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Antonio Brown apologizes for furniture throwing incident, says charity donations made in settlement

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on July 8, 2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-settlement/

Lol. Sorry I tossed your $2500 couch. Here’s $500 for your charity. Tell the guy who got hit in the head with the couch that I said I’m sorry...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Antonio Brown apologizes for furniture throwing incident, says charity donations made in settlement

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on July 8, 2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-settlement/
    Another characteristic combination of lying and ignorance of just about anything not related to football (the sport in which he is undeniably great) by Big Chest

Settlement was supposed to be confidential and apparently includes paying into a college fund (presumably a 529 account) for the kid he could have hit during the furniture toss

A settlement reached in a lawsuit brought by the boy’s grandfather, Ophir Sternberg, requires Brown to pay an undisclosed amount of money that will be invested in a prepaid college fund for the boy and make a donation to an unnamed charity....

Alan J. Kugler, the attorney representing Sternberg, said the terms of the settlement restrict what he can say in the matter. He confirmed the settlement and provided a copy of the court order approving it. The specifics of the settlement are confidential.

https://triblive.com/sports/antonio-...own-furniture/

So of course AB discusses the terms of the confidential settlement in the tweet he presumably was told by his attorney to take down and falsely claims it only involves a contribution to a charity