Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown: ‘Nothing matters anymore’ but catching Jerry Rice

Still having trouble understanding why you would get a cash payout for NOT being hit by an object that was thrown at random.

Like, I understand that the person throwing the stuff (Big Chest) was being stupid and dangerous, and there ought to be consequences for HIM. But that should not include paying cash to non-victims. A pretty dangerous precedent to set IMO.

Like, if you intentionally tried to attack someone, that's one thing, and I can see why they might be awarded compensation. But if you are just being an idiot in public and no one gets hurt, typically that is just a matter between you and the police, and if you pay any money, it's a fine from the courts, not a payout to anyone else, because, again, no victim. So ... now you are entitled to get paid any time something scares you?

My guess would be the settlement demand was for roughly $1 less than the maximum allowed in small claims court, where you don't recover attorney's fees if you win. Moral of the story: AB is a moron, but lawyers are scum.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So AB...again...thinks he’s above the “law”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

First Call: Antonio Brown mad at Madden video game

A.B. on brand
    This is right from the Mr. Big Chest playbook.

Antonio Brown is mad that he didn’t get a coveted “99 rating” in the “Madden NFL 20” video game.

And he’s letting us know. Only four players got the best rating possible in the game, and Brown — last year’s cover guy for the game — is not one of them.

Receiver DeAndre Hopkins of the Texans is the only offensive player to be rated as elite. Bobby Wagner, Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack got 99s on defense.

I haven’t seen what A.B. got as a rating yet. But it could be a 98. Regardless, he’s upset. He’s also mad that he allegedly didn’t get paid everything he was supposed to get paid for being on the cover last year.

The former Steeler tweeted, “Madden shorted me on my check for the Madden 19 cover now they short my ratings.”

Maybe Brown didn’t know taxes sometimes get taken out of those checks. Just like he didn’t know he was supposed to show up for the Week 17 game against the Bengals last year.

Or that the speed limit on McKnight Road is under 100 mph.

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...ating-scandal/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s really lost his shit...lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Like I said months ago, the court case (furniture throwing) could possibly bite AB in the ass; so, it might be wise to get rid of him before he gets suspended.

The verdict went AB’s way (so, no suspension for that). But, AB is persistent; he is talking about the specifics of the case (which get him into trouble... and... suspended).

I said it then, and I’m saying it now:
    There was a reason why no other team even tried to trade for AB (other than the Raiders). And, we were lucky to get a R3 pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Like I said months ago, the court case (furniture throwing) could possibly bite AB in the ass; so, it might be wise to get rid of him before he gets suspended.

The verdict went AB’s way (so, no suspension for that). But, AB is persistent; he is talking about the specifics of the case (which get him into trouble... and... suspended).

I said it then, and I’m saying it now:
    There was a reason why no other team even tried to trade for AB (other than the Raiders). And, we were lucky to get a R3 pick for him.
    Certainly looking more and more that way...