Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFL coach rankings: Best and worst of league's coaches in 2019(Tomlin is 8th)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: NFL coach rankings: Best and worst of league's coaches in 2019(Tomlin is 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    In the context of the Steelers organization, no it is not (They haven't fired a head coach since Nixon and I don't see that changing now). It's a coach who "retires" or whose contract conveniently expires and isn't "renewed".

Tomlin is not on the hot seat and never will be. He'll just leave when the time comes. This upcoming August will tell us what the Steelers truly think of Tomlin going into 2019.
    I think this is accurate on how the Steelers do business. But it's not accurate on whether Tomlin is on the hotseat. I think every coach is on the hotseat that didn't win the Superbowl. What has separated the Steelers is they don't give up on a coach just because AB makes a mess of things. Tomlin is worth more here than elsewhere, that's good business.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: NFL coach rankings: Best and worst of league's coaches in 2019(Tomlin is 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Here you go again. Moving the goalposts just enough to give your response the appearance of credibility.
    It's funny how the most trivial subjects can motivate people to display such rude behavior towards each other...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It's funny how the most trivial subjects can motivate people to display such rude behavior towards each other...
    Yep, you are correct. However in this case PB consistently changes the parameters of any conversation. It tends to get frustrating when every single disagreement goes this way. Sometimes that frustration boils over into "rudeness". Yet PB and I will continue to have these frustrating conversations because there are times when we agree on things and even in those times we don't agree it doesn't get personal. We argue but it mostly stays civil.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm going to stop this conservation for the rest of the year but for one last thing, I still believe we can compete for the super bowl with Tomlin and I think he'll be better now that the players they've been a problem in the locker room are out of Pittsburgh, but he needs to prove it this year.

Yes I think coaches like Sean Payton, Andy Reid or others are better at the moment, but that does not mean that Tomlin is a horrible coach, it's just that I do not think he's elite right now.