Thread: Quick Hits - OTA's

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quick Hits - OTA's

Post'em all here....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits - OTA's

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Rudolph is a polite, respectful kid, man of faith and apparently formality. He is obviously one of those 52 kids that looks up to big daddy Ben, so I don't find anything strange with the comment.

I do like that Rudolph says all the right things, does all the right things and goes about playing football in such a workman like way. He didn't play in the 2018 Senior Bowl due to injury, but attended, weighed in and did interviews. Even before he was drafted by the Steelers he went about things the same way. I just was concerned about his footwork and delivery that sometimes appeared to result in him sailing the football high and off target.

Looking forward to them getting pads on in the near future.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Rudolph is a polite, respectful kid, man of faith and apparently formality. He is obviously one of those 52 kids that looks up to big daddy Ben, so I don't find anything strange with the comment.

I do like that Rudolph says all the right things, does all the right things and goes about playing football in such a workman like way. He didn't play in the 2018 Senior Bowl due to injury, but attended, weighed in and did interviews. Even before he was drafted by the Steelers he went about things the same way. I just was concerned about his footwork and delivery that sometimes appeared to result in him sailing the football high and off target.

Agreed, I like everything about Rudolph even his feistiness on the field. I remember in one of the preseason games last year he was hit kinda late and jumped up in the D players face. Maybe not the smartest thing to do but I liked it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Mr. Roethlisberger...lol. Definitely a calculated comment about being a “kid”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I was just posting about this in another thread. Great minds...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 05-30-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Deleted duplicate post

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Sutton doing whatever it takes to get reps. Linebacker, Fullback, Running Back.

That's how you earn a spot on the 53. Will be interesting to see how this works out come training camp.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Sutton doing whatever it takes to get reps. Linebacker, Fullback, Running Back.

That's how you earn a spot on the 53. Will be interesting to see how this works out come training camp.
    One season, like 15 years ago, during preseason, our kicker lined up at CB. We only carried 4 CBs that year.

Similarly, one year, and were able to keep 10 LBs... because one of them could play TE (was the third/emergency TE).

SUMMATION:
    Sutton seems like the perfect answer to finagling the 53 man roster: one player who can be the backup at multiple positions (which allows the team to carry an extra player somewhere else).

That said, I see Conner, Samuels, Snell, & Nix all getting hats on Sundays. So...