Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Re: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

LOL

I just hope Ben will say nothing controversial tonight!

Ron Cook: A few things we wish Ben Roethlisberger would say Tuesday

Ben Roethlisberger is expected to address Steelers fans through the media Tuesday after the first of the Steelers’ organized team activities. It will be his first public comments since he endured the most tumultuous personal offseason in franchise history.

Roethlisberger was criticized by former teammates, former opponents and just about every national media personality with a microphone or laptop.

For every Garth Brooks, who said, “I’m in love with Ben Roethlisberger … he’s my guy,” there were handfuls of Deion Sanders, who called Roethlisberger a bad teammate.

For every Kevin Colbert, who said of the offseason controversy surrounding his quarterback, “It never changed our minds who he was, what he could do, who he is,” there were handfuls of Emmanuel Sanders, who questioned Roethlisberger’s leadership. One accused him of fumbling intentionally to spite his offensive coordinator. Another went way out of bounds and unconscionably called him a racist.

Roethlisberger’s response could be priceless. But it won’t be.

I see Roethlisberger taking the high road. I’m guessing he briefly will respond to the fumbling accusation and the racist charge by saying: “It’s nonsense. Anybody who knows me knows that I’ll cut your heart out to beat you. Anybody who knows me knows I don’t care if a guy is white, black, yellow, green, purple or fuchsia as long as he helps the team win.”

But other than that?

There’s no way Roethlisberger will get into a hissing contest with a couple of snakes, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell, who went after him hard.

“I loved those guys as teammates,” Roethlisberger probably will say. “I’m putting all that stuff behind me. It’s going to make me a better person. It’s going to make our team better. We’re closer than we’ve ever been.”

It will be nice if Roethlisberger’s veteran teammates — Maurkice Pouncey, Cam Heyward, Joe Haden, Ramon Foster, among others — stand behind him in a show of support for him and his new two-year, $68 million contract extension.

“I’ve said all along I only want to be a Pittsburgh Steeler,” Roethlisberger will say one more time.

At least that’s what I expect him to say. Here’s what I wish he would say:

read more

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...er_PGSportsNow

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Brb... running to the store to buy popcorn...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This week on "Days Of Our Steelers"...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

This has potential to be so much better than the radio show....but I somehow think its going to be a non event.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    This has potential to be so much better than the radio show....but I somehow think its going to be a non event.
    Yep - this interview format provides too much structure as opposed to the Tuesday morning ramblings. Probably will give us boring Game Manager Ben rather than the gunslinging drama of Tuesday morning Radio Ben

Rather than a canned interview Ben taking on anyone who has a question in a media scrum would be much more entertaining

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

I'm all for being professional...but at this point...you know what....I wouldn't mind Ben going at ABs neck. Call him out, call him sensitive, call him a selfish diva who only cares about numbers. **** it. Go hard on this piece of

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

not too long ago....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB is just bitter...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I think AB will be more focused on the Steelers this year than on the Raiders...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Yes!!! I can't wait to revisit all this again!
    Last edited by stillers4me; 05-20-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Does anyone have any substantial proof that AB was actually jealous of JuJu getting MVP yet? (Not directed at you polamalubeast, but rather that twitter guy)

No? Still nothing other than hearsay?

Someone made that up and everyone else continues to believe it. There is something genuinely sad about that.

But yeah, go on believing it since it gives more imaginary ammo to spew junk further. Why stop spreading imaginary tales now? If you keep doing it, why, people might actually believe it is true.

And yes, AB acted like a douche. But to believe that team MVP had anything whatsoever to do with it is embarrassing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Does anyone have any substantial proof that AB was actually jealous of JuJu getting MVP yet? (Not directed at you polamalubeast, but rather that twitter guy)

Someone made that up and everyone else continues to believe it. There is something genuinely sad about that.

But yeah, go on believing it since it gives more imaginary ammo to spew junk further. Why stop spreading imaginary tales now? If you keep doing it, why, people might actually believe it is true.

And yes, AB acted like a douche. But to believe that team MVP had anything whatsoever to do with it is embarrassing.
    But then how would everyone on social media and the internet know about his strong stance on these critical issues? I mean if you don't Tweet about and then copy and paste that Tweet into as many other places as possible, no one will know how much of knower of important things you are!

I kinda wish the internet would just burn to slag. Like I might be willing to trade going back to a phone book and a landline for doing everything.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Does anyone have any substantial proof that AB is an actual douche bag or is it just internet rumor?

I do not know if AB is jealous of JuJu or not, but his comments on him in April were very low.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

It was not the only excuse AB was using for being dissatisfied with the Steelers, but in addition to the always popular anonymous sources saying he was not happy about JuJu getting MVP, AB engaged in this typically childish act

Brown displayed his pettiness by showing a list of recent team MVP awards that conveniently did not include JuJu's name.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...VP--129064796/

I would find it difficult to believe a rational adult would be upset about something as trivial as who was voted team MVP, which I doubt would trigger a bonus clause in a contract. But I have no difficulty believing it would upset Antonio Brown.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Yes!!! I can't wait to revisit all this again!
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But then how would everyone on social media and the internet know about his strong stance on these critical issues? I mean if you don't Tweet about and then copy and paste that Tweet into as many other places as possible, no one will know how much of knower of important things you are!

I kinda wish the internet would just burn to slag. Like I might be willing to trade going back to a phone book and a landline for doing everything.
    Social media is apparently our penance for all the other great things the Internet represents and provides, unfortunately.

The Internet can stay, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., etc. can all go die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    It was not the only excuse AB was using for being dissatisfied with the Steelers, but in addition to the always popular anonymous sources saying he was not happy about JuJu getting MVP, AB engaged in this typically childish act

Brown displayed his pettiness by showing a list of recent team MVP awards that conveniently did not include JuJu's name.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...VP--129064796/

I would find it difficult to believe a rational adult would be upset about something as trivial as who was voted team MVP, which I doubt would trigger a bonus clause in a contract. But I have no difficulty believing it would upset Antonio Brown.
    Also, one of the big reasons that Brown was unhappy was his contract, even though he was the highest paid WR by the time he signed his contract in 2017.

Brown did everything possible to leave Pittsburgh because he knew the steelers were not going to give a raise to him

Of course, there are other reasons and being jealous of JuJu is perhaps another reason ..... His ego is so big.

bro you posted it on SOCIAL MEDIA...you WANT people to see it. Jesus please give that man guidance. He's seriously on another level

Did Ben really say that? That's a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Did Ben really say that? That's a joke right?

Just watched the interview. I really do not like the approach Ben took. I get what he was going for, but you know what, unless Ben really was acting shady and doing the things that AB claimed....Ben shouldn't tuck his head an accept responsibility. Especially not making comments like AB made him who he is....you kidding me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Just watched the interview. I really do not like the approach Ben took. I get what he was going for, but you know what, unless Ben really was acting shady and doing the things that AB claimed....Ben shouldn't tuck his head an accept responsibility. Especially not making comments like AB made him who he is....you kidding me with that?

Just to be clear,Ben meant who he is as player, not as person.

I disagree with that too, but I understand why he said that ... Ben wanted to say nothing controversial ...