Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Like I said in another thread. Ben wanted the spotlight, now it is his show. Todd Haley is gone. AB is gone. Fichtner is there. He's got the backing of Colbert and Rooney. It's all on Ben. He is the Steelers now.

Now we're acting shocked that he's getting more heat than usual? Repeat 2018 all over again and it will just get worse. The interceptions and poor play will be magnified. There's no one to blame anymore besides Tomlin.

The pressure is on Ben to perform in 2019. No if's, ands, or buts about it.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Ben Roethlisberger To Speak About Offseason Drama, Radio Show In KDKA Interview Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Like I said in another thread. Ben wanted the spotlight, now it is his show. Todd Haley is gone. AB is gone. He's got the backing of Colbert and Rooney. It's all on Ben. He is the Steelers now.

Now we're acting shocked that he's getting more heat than usual? Repeat 2018 all over again and it will just get worse. The interceptions and poor performances will be magnified. There's no one to blame anymore.

The pressure is on Ben to perform in 2019. No if's, ands, or buts about it.
    Of course, it's all Ben's fault if AB acted like a child.

One of the reasons why AB wanted to leave the steelers was because he wanted a raise in his contract .... He just found a way to leave the steelers.Do you remember his comments after the week 2 against the Chiefs on social media? ... Also what about his comments on JuJu in April.

Anyway, you'll always find a way to criticize Ben like if he has a bad career

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Of course, it's all Ben's fault if AB acted like a child.

One of the reasons why AB wanted to leave the steelers was because he wanted a raise in his contract .... He just found a way to leave the steelers.Do you remember his comments after the week 2 against the Chiefs on social media? ... Also what about his comments on JuJu in April.

Anyway, you'll always find a way to criticize Ben like if he has a bad career
    AB's stupidity has nothing to do with Ben's personal failures.

No more scapegoats or excuses for Ben in 2019, but I'm sure Ben apologists will find someone new to throw under the bus.

AB's stupidity has nothing to do with Ben's personal failures.

No more scapegoats or excuses for Ben in 2019, but I'm sure Ben apologists will find someone new to throw under the bus.
    Yeah, I agree, Ben's career is a big failure...

You say the same thing since at least I'm on this forum about the failure of Ben!

Like I said yesterday,Tomlin need to control his players on the social media

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Like I said yesterday,Tomlin need to control his players on the social media

Dong tweet by Dupree.. Fat Kaboly is too easy of a target

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, I agree, Ben's career is a big failure...

You say the same thing since at least I'm on this forum about the failure of Ben!
    I don't think he is saying anything about Ben's career being a failure. Rather referring to his personal failures.

Ben wasn't suspended by the NFL for 6 games, for anything he did on the field. His corporate endorsement deals didnt go away due to what he did on the field. His estrangement from his hometown of Findlay Ohio, not attending a single basketball game when his sister Carlee and the OK Sooners had a final 4 season, etc. Ben was a dumb, ego-driven, jerk and maybe it had to do with him mom dying when he was 8, or how he was treated as an up and coming athlete...we just don't know.

But if I put my fan hat away and look at how a man should treat teammates, fellow men...in a way to gain their respect and be a leader of men...I cant help but think that Ben hasn't done that well and failed at that. There is often the reference to the team being a Band of Brothers. I think Ben reminds me of the drill SGT that David Schwimmer portrayed in that series, where the men saluted his rank, but didnt respect the man equally of his rank.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I don't think he is saying anything about Ben's career being a failure. Rather referring to his personal failures.

Ben wasn't suspended by the NFL for 6 games, for anything he did on the field. His corporate endorsement deals didnt go away due to what he did on the field. His estrangement from his hometown of Findlay Ohio, not attending a single basketball game when his sister Carlee and the OK Sooners had a final 4 season, etc. Ben was a dumb, ego-driven, jerk and maybe it had to do with him mom dying when he was 8, or how he was treated as an up and coming athlete...we just don't know.

But if I put my fan hat away and look at how a man should treat teammates, fellow men...in a way to gain their respect and be a leader of men...I cant help but think that Ben hasn't done that well and failed at that. There is often the reference to the team being a Band of Brothers. I think Ben reminds me of the drill SGT that David Schwimmer portrayed in that series, where the men saluted his rank, but didnt respect the man equally of his rank.
    Roethlisberger is far from perfect and I hope his radio show is going to be over, but it's been a long time he's against Ben, even in the moments when the steelers were at their best.Ben needs to be perfect in a game for him to be happy!

Yeah, I agree, Ben's career is a big failure.
    There's a reason why Ben was voted Team MVP only once in his career and has never won anything of note regarding on or off field accomplishments despite his ability.

Take the black and gold glasses off for just a minute and you'll see what I'm talking about. Ben is a shotcaller, and knows how to say all the right things to the media, but when it comes down to true leadership ability, it is utter garbage. Ben's poor leadership was always covered up with a scapegoat or a convenient excuse. Ken Whisenhunt, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, now Antonio Brown. But there is always one constant through all of the dust-ups and burnt bridges throughout the organization: Ben.

Like I said. Ben has the spotlight this season, and we'll see what he is.

There's a reason why Ben was voted Team MVP only once in his career and has never won anything of note regarding on or off field accomplishments despite his ability.

Take the black and gold glasses off for just a minute and you'll see what I'm talking about. Ben is a shotcaller, and knows how to say all the right things to the media, but when it comes down to true leadership ability, it is utter garbage. Ben's poor leadership was always covered up with a scapegoat or a convenient excuse. Ken Whisenhunt, Bruce Arians, Todd Haley, now Antonio Brown. But there is always one constant through all of the dust-ups and burnt bridges throughout the organization: Ben.

We'll find out soon enough this season.
    Ben won a lot of games with Whisenhunt and Arians ... The relationship with Arians was very good and Ben wanted the steelers to keep him .... Yeah the relationship between Ben and Whisenhunt was not very good, but at least they won a lot of game together in the first two years .... Todd Haley's play calling was atrocious, the steelers kept him too long .... Baker Mayfield seemed to be another bust in Cleveland with Haley .... Browns fired him just in time, otherwise his confidence could have been destroyed ..... The fact that Haley was our OC for 6 years was crazy.

Ben is not perfect as a leader, but he's not as bad as many like to think .... Ben made mistakes, but to say that it's 100% of his fault that Brown acted like a child is ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Like I said. Ben has the spotlight this season, and we'll see what he is.

https://www.steelers.com/news/team-c...-are-announced
    But he's been voted captain 10 times.

Leader.

It’s defined in many ways, one being “a person who has commanding authority or influence.”

That definition fits for the Steelers 2018 team captains.

Your personal tirades polluting every single thread is beyond old. You don't like him, We get it.

For the team MVP for Ben ... Maybe it's also because of the competition.

I mean, we had in their peak, Polamalu, Harrison, Brown, Bell who had several all pro season with us ....

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Oh my God!! Terrell Edmunds is Harrison's a Monster!!!!!

HAM is actually a safety on the Steelers defense that likes everyone's posts or tweets!

How did I not notice this earlier?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

HAM is actually a safety on the Steelers defense that likes everyone's posts or tweets!

I miss HAM, I used to get 10 "likes" a day from him

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

That is funny.

But I guess HAM never got called a douchebag for liking somebody's post here. Crazy how people can rush to judgement in 3 emojis or less.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So can’t you “unlike” something? Has that been done yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

This is a good enough explanation for me. He’s just a good kid who didn’t think about how it would be interpreted.

I have no doubt that Ben has forgiven him. I say we do the same and not let this be the dreaded “drama” in our minds. It’s clearly water under the bridge. Let’s move on.

EDIT: sorry, I meant to include the comment made by Foster about Edmunds. That’s what I’m referring to.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

[

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I miss HAM, I used to get 10 "likes" a day from him
    I text him daily. And, Yes, he “likes” all of my texts.

(A great, great guy.)

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    That is funny.

But I guess HAM never got called a douchebag for liking somebody's post here. Crazy how people can rush to judgement in 3 emojis or less.

Actually, HAM was called names by some for doing just that.

Patience is in very short order here, and overreacting is, unfortunately, the norm around here.

I just wanted to hear an explanation before judging him. Imagine that!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'm a grumpy old man before my time, so this comment is aimed at me as well.....

....But it is hilarious to see how all these old (at least 10-20 decades older than most of the players) try to explain and understand how the young folks use social media. We are a generation or 3 removed from the expectations and rules of behavior of the players. And I get that the math is a bit wonky here and not universal, but it is something to think about. Each generation that comes up changes the rules and expectations for proper behavior. So if you are 35 and a player is 20 -- they do not walk through the world the same way you do. Throw in the ethnic, economic, and geographic divides between players, fans, writers, bloggers, etc and I think everyone needs to take a beat and just count to 100 or something until they dial that old outrage meter up.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Joey Porter: Ben Roethlisberger Abuses His Power; Apology Came Far Too Late

By Matthew Marczi
    Posted on May 24, 2019

Back in January, after it was announced that Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin decided not to renew outside linebacker coach Joey Porter’s contract, Mike Prisuta reported that some players felt as though Porter was encouraging a sort of schism, a competition between the offensive and defensive players.

Porter is free to say anything he wants now, and he was on NFL Total Access earlier tonight with seemingly plenty to say about his former teammate, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and how he has handled himself in relation to other players over the course of his career. In his remarks, in fact, he even seemed to be defending former wide receiver Antonio Brown, at least to an extent.

“You know, it’s kind of like, once you have a bad situation, they’re not going to be pick up the phone”, he said, apparently referring to the fact that the team could not get a hold of Brown for months from the end of the season on. The same was also true of Le’Veon Bell for the past two offseasons.

“If you feel slighted by any way—any teammate, friend, teammate—once you feel like you’d been betrayed in any type of way, I’m not picking up your phone call. You can’t call me and say, ‘oh, I’m sorry’ the next day”, he went on. “I need you to be sorry when you did it. You can’t be sorry that late. So those relationships went the other way”.

“Now that he’s being a man and apologizing now, it’s just a couple days too late. I mean, it probably all could have been avoided if he was coming to them and saying, ‘you know what, I didn’t handle that the right way’. But that’s the way he chose to go about it and apologize, and it’s just a little too late”.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/jo...-far-too-late/

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Man....the season can’t get here fast enough.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Porter. A Tomlin hire. Again...character issues. Colbert and Tomlin’s biggest flaw...they are poor judges of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don't think it is any surprise that Porter would feel how he does. Both Porter and AB were wired to run on "respect" and used any perceived disrespect as fuel. I shudder to think what Porter would've been like with access to Instagram and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Porter. A Tomlin hire. Again...character issues. Colbert and Tomlin’s biggest flaw...they are poor judges of character.
    It was a big accomplishment for Cowher to keep Joey Porter under control (in the locker room at least) when he was with us as a player...

- - - Updated - - -

The observations by Davis about Elway being one of the guys, despite having this power and status is very insightful. I think the comments of Colbert and actions of Tomlin, kind of tell a story of how things are viewed in the Steelers organization.