Thread: Mike Florio reports the Jets are targeting Peyton Manning for their GM job.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Florio reports the Jets are targeting Peyton Manning for their GM job.

Jets CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson wants a “great strategic thinker” to run the football operation. He needs someone who can work with coach Adam Gase. And at the intersection possibly resides one and only one name.

Peyton Manning.

Rumors are flying within league circles that the Jets may make a run at the future Hall of Fame quarterback who has periodically been linked to NFL management possibilities. And Gase, who worked with Manning in Denver, possibly would be one of the few guys who could draw Manning back into football.

Manning wouldn’t be a traditional G.M., but Johnson has made it clear that he’s not looking for a traditional G.M.

“It’s more than a talent-evaluation guy,” Johnson said Wednesday. “I want a great manager, a communicator, who can collaborate well with the building. I’m convinced we’re going to find that person.”

read more

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eyton-manning/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Mike Florio reports the Jets are targeting Peyton Manning for their GM job.

Now that's interesting. I'd say he'd do a better job than Elway.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Even a guy like Phil Simms or Boomer Esiason wouldn’t be bad choices. They need someone who has a smart football head, knows how to watch tape and knows how a football team works on and off field.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ok, Maybe....But why would Manning go be GM for the Jets? His brother is a Giant for one thing.(That actually means something to the Mannings) Of all the teams that could use his "guidance" I see the Jets as waaaaay down the list of teams on his list. Does this 'feel' like a match to anybody else? I just don't see it.