Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a glorious beacon of light">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    383

    Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    I saw Johnson was #18, and Bush was #55. What about the others?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    3,306

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    For the draft picks.

    Bush #55
    Johnson #18
    Layne #31
    Snell #24
    Gentry #83
    Sutton #51
    Gilbert #54
    Gray #77

  3. #3
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    32,615

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Gentry pulled 83? Ouch...big shoes to fill...


  4. #4
    Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    8,960

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Gentry pulled 83? Ouch...big shoes to fill...
    Rooney should have retired Heath's number. He wasn't the best NFL TE but he sure was the Steelers all-time best. And this is why.

    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself--and you are
    the easiest person to fool."

    --Richard Feynmann

  5. #5
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    16,355

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Rooney should have retired Heath's number. He wasn't the best NFL TE but he sure was the Steelers all-time best. And this is why.

    I thought the equipment guy kind of pulls those numbers aside and tells the rookies to GTFOH if they ask for the legendary numbers. 58/59/36/86/43 etc............and I agree 83 should be put away.



  6. #6
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,859

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I thought the equipment guy kind of pulls those numbers aside and tells the rookies to GTFOH if they ask for the legendary numbers. 58/59/36/86/43 etc............and I agree 83 should be put away.
    Ya know...the fact they still hand out #26 to me still makes a case why #83 should still be available. And I am not talking about DeShea Townsend.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ya know...the fact they still hand out #26 to me still makes a case why #83 should still be available. And I am not talking about DeShea Townsend.
    AGREED! #26 is the number on my Steelers jersey, with the name Woodson on the back. So yes, #83 is still available too.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21,548

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Some players like Terry Bradshaw and others deserve to have his number retired by the Steelers (I still do not understand why the number of Bradshaw is not retired even if no one has worn the 12 since his retirement), but in football we can not retired too many numbers.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a glorious beacon of light">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    383

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Steeler Jersey's Retied 70 and 75

    Steeler Jersey not reissued 1, 12, 32, 36, 52, 58, 59, 63, and 86.


    • 1 Gary Anderson
    • 12 Terry Bradshaw
    • 32 Franco Harris
    • 36 Jerome Bettis
    • 52 Mike Webster
    • 58 Jack Lambert
    • 59 Jack Ham
    • 63 Dermontti Dawson
    • 86 Hines Ward


    NFL Banned numbers 0 and 00.

    Personally I'm okay with 0 and 00. Not sure why the NFL outlawed them.



  10. #10
    Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,210

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Retired Numbers should be reserved for the greatest of the great. The Legendary players. Not for the very good. There are only a handful of Steelers who deserve that in my eyes.

    We can't just be retiring Jersey Numbers of every solid player that comes around. Heath Miller was good, but that is what he was, a good TE.

  11. #11
    Banned Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Aloha State
    Gender
    Posts
    6,574

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Retired Numbers should be reserved for the greatest of the great. The Legendary players. Not for the very good. There are only a handful of Steelers who deserve that in my eyes.

    We can't just be retiring Jersey Numbers of every solid player that comes around. Heath Miller was good, but that is what he was, a good TE.
    I agree with retiring Ernie Stautner and Joe Greene's #s.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    3,306

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Steeler Jersey's Retied 70 and 75

    Steeler Jersey not reissued 1, 12, 32, 36, 52, 58, 59, 63, and 86.


    • 1 Gary Anderson
    • 12 Terry Bradshaw
    • 32 Franco Harris
    • 36 Jerome Bettis
    • 52 Mike Webster
    • 58 Jack Lambert
    • 59 Jack Ham
    • 63 Dermontti Dawson
    • 86 Hines Ward


    NFL Banned numbers 0 and 00.

    Personally I'm okay with 0 and 00. Not sure why the NFL outlawed them.
    Might as well add #43 to that list.

  13. #13
    Inconsiderate S.O.B. Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Posts
    10,265

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    A shame they didn't give #84 to somebody shitty. Maybe they're waiting to give it to the first guy who goes on IR.

    Or what I would do is reserve it for the next guy named Brown, and fans could just re-use their jerseys. Maybe that's what they're doing.

    I have no idea why they got rid of 0 and 00, it's not like it would be that hard to keep track of. Hopefully whoever came up with that idea is dead.
    An empty victory is a victory nonetheless.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    9,373

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    A shame they didn't give #84 to somebody shitty. Maybe they're waiting to give it to the first guy who goes on IR.

    Or what I would do is reserve it for the next guy named Brown, and fans could just re-use their jerseys. Maybe that's what they're doing.
    They gave it to Camp McFodderson.

    Before the draft, AJ Brown tweeted just that.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    3,925

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    They should have one waterboy wear the #84 jersey and only give water to Ben Roethlisberger.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a glorious beacon of light">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    383

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    They should have one waterboy wear the #84 jersey and only give water to Ben Roethlisberger.

    Ha! I like it.

    As far as retired numbers go, I think 40 years is enough to un-retired them.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    8,960

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    They should have one waterboy wear the #84 jersey and only give water to Ben Roethlisberger.

    Post of the month!
    "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself--and you are
    the easiest person to fool."

    --Richard Feynmann

  18. #18
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,859

    Re: Are the rookie numbers out yet?

    I am gonna be looking for whatever number PJ Locke is wearing. Might be one of the interesting battles for the final safety spot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •