Thread: Buy Or Sell: Ben Roethlisberger Will (And Should) Address Offseason Drama During OTAs

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Buy Or Sell: Ben Roethlisberger Will (And Should) Address Offseason Drama During OTAs

The offseason is inevitably a period of projection and speculation, which makes it the ideal time to ponder the hypotheticals that the Pittsburgh Steelers will face over the course of the next year, whether it is addressing free agency, the draft, performance on the field, or some more ephemeral topic.

That is what I will look to address in our Buy or Sell series. In each installment, I will introduce a topic statement and weigh some of the arguments for either buying it (meaning that you agree with it or expect it to be true) or selling it (meaning you disagree with it or expect it to be false).

The range of topics will be intentionally wide, from the general to the specific, from the immediate to that in the far future. And as we all tend to have an opinion on just about everything, I invite you to share your own each morning on the topic statement of the day.

Topic Statement: Should (or will) Ben Roethlisberger address the offseason talk about him as OTAs open next week?

Explanation: Roethlisberger was the subject of a lot of negative chatter at the start of the offseason. He also happens to have a penchant for talking when he gets the opportunity to be in front of a microphone. So it’s fair to wonder if he is going to talk about the comments made by Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/bu...medium=twitter

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Buy Or Sell: Ben Roethlisberger Will (And Should) Address Offseason Drama During OTAs

Ben is certainly not gonna bring it up himself, but if he’s asked specific questions what can he do? Ignore them? Say, “no comment”?

I have a feeling that he’ll be as diplomatic as possible and take the high road without ever giving us his real opinion about any of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll give 100 to 1 odds that Ben says some version of “wanting to focus on the guys that are here.”

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Buy Or Sell: Ben Roethlisberger Will (And Should) Address Offseason Drama During OTAs

Why bother addressing it? It’s months old news. Next question. Let me guess, without opening the link, Matthew Moronski or whatever his name is wrote this article?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buy Or Sell: Ben Roethlisberger Will (And Should) Address Offseason Drama During OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why bother addressing it? It’s months old news. Next question. Let me guess, without opening the link, Matthew Moronski or whatever his name is wrote this article?
    But that's because Ben has not talked to the media since the end ot the 2018 season, so it could be interresting.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But that's because Ben has not talked to the media since the end ot the 2018 season, so it could be interresting.
    No reason for him to address it. Take the high road and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The two knuckleheads will continue to show where the real problem was. Make a small comment, wish them well and move on.