Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2064

Thread: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

It was found on a HIS laptop in Delaware can we please stop the stupid narrative that everything bad that happens it he Russian's fault?
    Yeah, I heard about that fake laptop Russian disinformation BS story.

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say

.................................................. .................snip............................. ...............................

More than 50 former senior intelligence officials have signed on to a letter outlining their belief that the recent disclosure of emails allegedly belonging to Joe Biden’s son “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

The letter, signed on Monday, centers around a batch of documents released by the New York Post last week that purport to tie the Democratic nominee to his son Hunter’s business dealings. Under the banner headline “Biden Secret E-mails,” the Post reported it was given a copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop hard drive by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who said he got it from a Mac shop owner in Delaware who also alerted the FBI.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...disinfo-430276

Funny how Russia always seems to be on Trumps side.

Dozens of former intelligence officials sign letter warning Hunter Biden story could be Russian disinformation

By Shannon Larson Globe Correspondent,Updated October 20, 2020, 12:28 p.m.

Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie spoke with former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani before President Trump arrived for a news conference in the Briefing Room of the White House on September 27, 2020 in Washington, D.C.JOSHUA ROBERTS/GETTY

More than 50 former intelligence officials have signed a letter publicly stating their belief that the disclosure of e-mails allegedly belonging to Hunter Biden, son of Democratic nominee Joe Biden, possesses “the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

The letter was provided to POLITICO by Nick Shapiro, a former top aide under CIA director John Brennan, on Monday, the news outlet reported.

The joint statement focused on a trove of documents released last week by the New York Post in an article centered around Hunter Biden’s alleged “secret e-mails.” The article, which was deemed so dubious that Twitter and Facebook limited its distribution, suggested the former vice president was connected with his son’s Ukrainian business dealings.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...isinformation/
    Last edited by tom444; 10-20-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    In fact, I knew all of that.
    Are you sure? You don't seem to know too much.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Again, you've created a series of benchmarks and perspectives that no one else but you is arguing for. There are a variety of issues to be worked out in sports and that process will play itself out. If bio Steve wants to present and be addressed as gendered Susan; what is the problem? Are we going to go into the bathroom thing? Are we really all that worked up about where someone pees?

I pointed out that gender and biological sex are different. Others claimed that they are not. I countered that, yes, they are. Then you flew off the handle with some anti-left rant that I suppose made you feel good but really didn't address anything that was under discussion.If you agree, which you just claimed to, that sex, gender, and sexual orientation are all different and not necessarily overlapping things...exactly what about what I actually said is freaking you out? Again, the words I actually typed. Not the political ideologies or lectures that you assume are behind them.

The arguments about the "trans lifestyle" that you are making are the same ones that I heard all my life about the "homosexual agenda". Yet I do not know a single person who came out as gay and then was like "Oops. That was just me being influenced by the media and political messaging!". Did it happen? No idea. Just feel like we might have heard about all these confused hetero folks who were pushed into a lifestyle that wasn't for them. I have a hard time believing, again anything is possible, that there are all these folks out there living in a way that adds roadblocks, challenges, and barrier to their everyday life because they were enticed by virtue signalling.
    The "anti-left rant" is because it is aaaaalllll part of it. The ideas, the tactics, the virtue signaling, the moving goalposts, the projecting and denying. They all go together.

Liberal ideas range from the well-meaning but flawed concepts taken too far (the issue at hand) to the frighteningly selfish or revenge-minded; the tactics used to advance those ideas are almost universally despicable. The transgender issue is no different. So yes, that is part of my problem with it. Ask around, I am sure you'll find the same reaction among a large cross-section of society. They find the tactics repulsive and it makes them want to do less of what you want, not more.

I should have known better than to try to find common ground with a liberal. "I agree with much of the basic premise, but think that the left has gone overboard?" -- not good enough, bigot! Adopt our full slate of demands or crawl back into your cave!

So what I meant was, that is as far as I am willing to go toward your side, and then you can suck a dick. Few would ever accuse me of being a homophobe, transphobe, etc., so it would certainly mean nothing coming from a zealot.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The "anti-left rant" is because it is aaaaalllll part of it. The ideas, the tactics, the virtue signaling, the moving goalposts, the projecting and denying. They all go together.

Liberal ideas range from the well-meaning but flawed concepts taken too far (the issue at hand) to the frighteningly selfish or revenge-minded; the tactics used to advance those ideas are almost universally despicable. The transgender issue is no different. So yes, that is part of my problem with it. Ask around, I am sure you'll find the same reaction among a large cross-section of society. They find the tactics repulsive and it makes them want to do less of what you want, not more.

I should have known better than to try to find common ground with a liberal. "I agree with much of the basic premise, but think that the left has gone overboard?" -- not good enough, bigot! Adopt our full slate of demands or crawl back into your cave!

So what I meant was, that is as far as I am willing to go toward your side, and then you can suck a dick. Few would ever accuse me of being a homophobe, transphobe, etc., so it would certainly mean nothing coming from a zealot.
    Again, you are having an argument with yourself? I never called you a name or accused you or anyone else of anything. I simply stated that sex, gender, and orientation are not the same things. A few posters countered that, yes, they are. I countered back that they are not. Those are my only "demands". Nothing more. For whatever reason, you've decided to have a simple premise become a stand-in for a series of viewpoints and angry screeds that somehow you have connected to my comments. Why? Dunno. I guess you like to hear yourself rant?

.................... then you can suck a dick. Few would ever accuse me of being a homophobe..................................

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

And here is my version of it IS facts

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...ation-campaign

BREAKING: DOJ, FBI Confirm Hunter Biden Laptop Is NOT Part Of ‘Russian Disinformation Campaign

My source says the DOJ and FBI. I'll take their word over any "news" source.

Your sources "Dozens of former intelligence officials sign letter warning Hunter Biden story could be Russian disinformation"

Again typical denial bullshit. The Biden's are dirty as shit. Joe has never held a private sector job in his life and he's worth millions.

BREAKING: DOJ, FBI Confirm Hunter Biden Laptop Is NOT Part Of ‘Russian Disinformation Campaign

Your sources "Dozens of former intelligence officials sign letter warning Hunter Biden story could be Russian disinformation"

Again typical denial bullshit. The Biden's are dirty as shit. Joe has never held a private sector job in his life and he's worth millions.
    Well hell, Ezra, Trump is dirtier than a pig wallowing in garbage.

How does the Daily Wire rate in terms of bias I wonder?

Whoops, leans a tad to the right.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I swear the Biden family is as corrupt as the Clinton. I was forced to sit through the first 5 seconds of a Biden ad before mercifully being allowed to skip it. The lady with a straight actually said that Joe Biden passes the test for governance. Nothing could be more laughable.

The Emoluments Clauses of the U.S. Constitution

Recent litigation involving President Trump has raised a number of legal issues concerning formerly obscure constitutional provisions that prohibit the acceptance or receipt of
    emoluments” in certain circumstances. This In Focus provides an overview of these constitutional provisions, highlighting several unsettled legal areas concerning their meaning and scope, and reviewing the status of ongoing litigation against President Trump based on alleged violations of the Emoluments Clauses.
    The Constitutional Provisions

The Constitution mentions emoluments in three provisions, each sometimes referred to as the “Emoluments Clause
    :

Trump International Hotel

In the past, Presidents have often gone to great lengths to assure the public that they aren’t mixing the nation’s business with their own. Many of Trump’s predecessors voluntarily divested their business assets or placed them in a blind trust administered by an independent third party, to avoid both conflicts of interest and the appearance of them.

Trump has taken a different approach. He has stepped away from the
    operations of his business, but he has not relinquished ownership. Critics say the approach falls far short. “He is one great big example of exploiting public office for private gain,” says Kathleen Clark, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis, who trains governments around the world in ethics and anti*corruption practices. “Of course it’s a scandal.”
    https://time.com/donald-trumps-suite-of-power/

Trump didn't drain the swamp he flooded it.

Elliott Broidy Pleads Guilty in Foreign Lobbying Case

A former fund-raiser for President Trump admitted to a role in a covert campaign to influence the administration on behalf of Chinese and Malaysian interests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/u...9aac839846f8d9

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If you're planning to vote for Joe Biden on November 3rd read this in its entirety.
    My vote cast 4 years ago was a vote against Clinton, more than it was a vote for Trump. In the last 3 ½ years, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at what he has accomplished. Yes, he’s an ass, boorish, egotistical, and a loudmouth, but we’re electing the leader of the free world, not the successor to Mr. Rogers or Capt. Kangaroo.

Just read below and think about it for a few minutes.

• Do you dislike that he directed the brokering of the first meaningful Mideast peace deal in decades and was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?
    • Do you dislike that he brokered a historic peace deal between Serbia and breakaway republic Kosovo for which he was nominated for a SECOND Nobel Peace Prize?
    • Do you dislike that he made cruelty to animals a felony? Or don’t you care?
    • Do you dislike that he earmarked billions to stop the opioid crisis?
    • Do you dislike that he destroyed ISIS, killed countless terrorists without going to war (even though everyone said we’d be in World War III by now) and kept the peace?
    • Do you dislike that we’re now energy independent and the largest producer of energy in the world?
    • Do you dislike him because he started to build a wall to keep criminals and drugs from coming into our country and because he respects, honors and defends our country’s borders?
    • Do you dislike him because he just slashed the price for prescription drugs (In some cases by 50%) which is driving Big Pharma nuts?
    • Do you dislike that he met with the leader of North Korea, averted war with that country and brought a halt to their aggressive missile testing? Was that wrong?
    • Do you dislike that he signed a law ending the gag-order on pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving options on prescriptions?
    • Do you dislike that he signed the Save Our Seas Act which funds millions per year to clean tons of plastic and garbage from the ocean? Does that bother you?
    • Do you dislike that he signed a bill for airports to provide breast-feeding stations for nursing moms?
    • Do you dislike that he signed the biggest wilderness protection and conservation bill in a decade designating 375,000 acres as protected land, making him the most significant conservation president since Teddy Roosevelt?
    • Does it irk you that he loves America, and puts Americans first? Is that the problem?
    • Do you dislike that he made a gay man the ambassador to Germany and then asked him to clean up national security, declassifying as much of it as possible for transparency?
    • Do you dislike that he works for free, donating his salary to a different charity each quarter?
    • Do you dislike that his economic policies have produced the lowest Black unemployment rate ever?
    • Do you dislike that he listened to Senator Tim Scott and created opportunity zones to help minorities?
    • Do you dislike that he passed prison reform, which gives people a second chance and has made quite a huge difference for minorities in particular?
    • Do you dislike that he produced the lowest Hispanic unemployment rate ever?
    • Do you dislike that he passed VA reforms to benefit the very people who served our country and defended our freedom?
    • Do you dislike that he got rid of the job-killing NAFTA trade deal, got tough on trade with China and negotiated new trade deals with Mexico, Canada and other countries that benefit American workers?
    • Do you dislike that he loves our flag and embraces a policy of unabashed, non-apologetic patriotism? Do you have a problem with that?
    • Do you dislike that he calls out the media and attempts to correct them when they are wrong?
    • Do you dislike that he’s bringing troops home and ending America’s longest war? Do you want the war to continue?
    • Do you dislike that he has made a commitment to end child-trafficking and crimes against humanity and his policies have brought about thousands of arrests already?
    • Do you dislike that he extended the offshore drilling ban along both Florida coasts as well as the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina? Are you bothered by that?
    • Do you dislike the fact that he's brought home over 40 Americans held captive, the last one from Iran?
    • Do you dislike that he’s making the world pay their fair share to the United Nations?
    • Do you dislike that he respects cops, veterans, ICE and all first responders?
    • Do you dislike that he does not sell out America to other countries, like the leaders prior to him have done?
    • Do you dislike that he’s forced our NATO allies and others to finally pay their fair share to support important multi-national alliances?
    • Do you dislike that he moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem which is the rightful capital of the Jewish state?
    • Do you dislike that he signed the Right To Try law allowing terminally ill patients access to experimental therapies?
    • This list is hardly a complete list of what President Trump has accomplished in four years. There’s actually more — a lot more. But hopefully, you get the idea.

Nobody is asking you to love President Trump. Nobody is asking you to be his best friend. In fact, you don’t even have to like him. You will not see ANY of those facts I just posted every reported by the media. They are bought and paid for by the DNC.
    Take a moment to give that list some thought and you’ll find that you’d be less than fair if you did not recognize all that he’s accomplished for America — often against overwhelming odds and with powerful special interests and the press aligned against him. If you want someone "Presidential" just ask yourself what have the last 10 Presidents done that's even close to this? NAFTA, the job shipping America last treaty were all supported by Bush1, Clinton, Bush2 and Obama.

So, try to put aside emotionalism and arbitrary and capricious preferences for now, avoid the temptation to demonize the president and focus on who’s really effective; who has the vision, stamina and determination to do the job; who gets things done and who’s going to continue to solve our problems and keep America on the right track moving forward............

Now imagine Joe Biden trying to do any of those things? Imagine him sitting in office for 47 years and accomplishing NONE of that as a Senator/VP? Now imagine your 401K under Kamala ... err ... Joe Biden. There's a reason 50 cents just came out and said NO THANKS to Biden. He would be allowed to keep every 38 cents of every dollar he earned living in NY state. Free college, free healthcare, free childcare, free housing ... all this "FREE" stuff costs someone money and there aren't enough "rich" people in this country to pay for the Democrats pipe dreams.

That list is as full of BS, and laughable, as Trump himself. I wouldn't trust the guy to baby sit my dog.

BTW, you forgot one accomplishment:

Do you dislike the fact that 221,000 Americans have died from COVID 19 under his watch?

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

After Trump in January declared a “humanitarian and security crisis" during a primetime Oval Office address, Sen. Chuck Schumer, speaking beside House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said Trump was working to “manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration." Party leader Tom Perez also called it “manufactured.” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., described it as a "'crisis' that doesn't exist."

Jan 11-13: The first known coronavirus death is reported by Chinese state media. 41 confirmed deaths and the first case outside of China is confirmed in Thailand.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren tweeted at the time that "we're not falling" for the "fake crisis."

Jan 14 - the WHO (World Health Organization) sent out a tweet declaring that there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission of the COVID-19 virus.

Jan 15 The House of Representatives votes to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate with a signing ceremony featuring commemorative pens.

Jan 17: Enhanced screening of travelers from Wuhan initiated. The following week 75–80 percent of travel from Wuhan, China is covered with five airports screening.

Jan 24 - Dr. Anthony Fauci National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director said - “ Covid 19 It isn't something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about, because we have ways of preparing and screening of. It's a very, very low risk to the United States, but it's something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously,"

Jan 24, Joe Scarborough and wife Minka had a segment where they said "no Americans need to be concerned about COVID-19 and should be more concerned about the common flu.

Jan 29 U.S. senators begin two days of questioning in the impeachment trial; Joe Biden in a speech in Iowa said that Trump's idea of restricting travel from China was "Xenophobic".

Jan 30: The State Department issues a Level 4: Do Not Travel Health Advisory for all of China. The CDC issues their own warning, saying travelers should “avoid all nonessential travel to China.”

Jan 30: The Trump Administration hosts a conference call with the nation’s governors, Secretary Azar, Director Redfield, Dr. Fauci, and others. The administration’s action plan for responding to the coronavirus outbreak is presented. Dems continue Impeachment charade.

Jan 30, WHO calls corona virus a healthcare emergency.

Feb 2 - New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot, “The risk to New Yorkers for Coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I’m going to be there.”

Feb 20: 77,000 cases are confirmed worldwide, according to WHO.

Feb 24 Nancy Pelosi says from San Francisco's China Town to come visit, it is safe and "there are no Coronavirus concerns". Then SF became one of the epicenters of the disease.

Feb 29: The Trump administration rolls back Obama-era regulations in order to speed up testing.

Mar 2 Bill DiBlasio: “I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives. Get out on the town despite Coronavirus.”

Mar 9 Bernie Sanders said he would NOT, I repeat he said he would NOT shut down travel from March 20, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow (as well as NY Times) bash Trump for talking about Hydroxy Cloroquin calling it a "fairy tale" and giving people false hope. Now it is being sought after to fight the disease and is being tested as helping patients recover faster.

Mar 13: House Democrat leaders withdrew from the calendar a floor vote on a bill targeting President Trump’s travel restriction.

Mar 30 Morning anchors say "everyone" saw this coming in early January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    That list is as full of BS, and laughable, as Trump himself. I wouldn't trust the guy to baby sit my dog.

Do you dislike the fact that 221,000 Americans have died from COVID 19 under his watch?
    Your old feeble minded and easily manipulated. Follow along like the good little sheeple you are. Bhaaa

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prove it incorrect. You saying it does not make it true. And 221,000 Americans have not died STRICTLY from COVID19. They had other underlying conditions. The average age of these COVID19 deaths is actually HIGHER than our normal life expectancy in this country. Go back and compare total deaths in the US starting in 2015 to 2020 using the CDC. You would expect to see a jump of over 200,000 deaths correct? Nope, not even close it's almost the same. This is the narrative you and your moronic Democrats want the American people to believe. If Trump is so evil and responsible for over 200K dead then why are other nations not suffering the same death rates? Heck Sweden which didn't even shutdown their economy has had just under 6,000 deaths. You know why, because they are only counting people that died with JUST Covid19.

But again go out and disprove anything on that list. You can't. All you can do is post stupid meme pictures to distract. You're a clown and a joke to most on here.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Prove it incorrect. You saying it does not make it true. And 221,000 Americans have not died STRICTLY from COVID19. They had other underlying conditions.
    You don't even need to go that far. What does the CDC's list say, the one with the 221,000 dead?

"Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by week ending date, United States."

Not just COVID-19 - the 221,00 includes the flu and pneumonia, they say it right there.

Not "from" COVID-19, "involving."

Anyone who died in the past 8 months, and also had the flu, pneumonia, or COVID-19, is included.

In how many of those deaths was one of those illnesses a significant contributing factor? Also according to the CDC, about 1 in 6. (Note: this is not the same as the other widely cited figure of 6% that died "only" from COVID-19, which would be 1 in 16.)

So take your 221,000 and adjust it down to about 36,000. Then from there, subtract however many of those were actually the flu or pneumonia. That is what they ruined the entire country for. People should go to prison for that.

Of course, don't expect the useful idiots to understand things like this when they would indicate anything other than "Orange man bad, reeeeeeee."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Of course, don't expect the useful idiots to understand things like this when they would indicate anything other than "Orange man bad, reeeeeeee."
    Nah it would require math, which most in this thread are most likely challenged by. That was my original point to TDS444. If you look at the TOTAL deaths in the US over the past five years you would expect the number the past year to skyrocket and there be like 200K more deaths. Nope they are almost the same on average. So what magically killed all those people in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and early 2019? The same things that have been killing humans forever, minus the boogie man COVID19 which only seem to speed up those numbers in people older than the average life expectancy.

Nah it would require math, which most in this thread are most likely challenged by. That was my original point to TDS444. If you look at the TOTAL deaths in the US over the past five years you would expect the number the past year to skyrocket and there be like 200K more deaths. Nope they are almost the same on average. So what magically killed all those people in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and early 2019? The same things that have been killing humans forever, minus the boogie man COVID19 which only seem to speed up those numbers in people older than the average life expectancy.
    Sure pal.

Trump:

Current state of the economy under Trump:

- - - Updated - - -

International reputation under Trump:

U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly

Ratings for Trump remain poor

September 15, 2020

German Chancellor Angela Merkel looks past then-International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde toward U.S. President Donald Trump during a working breakfast at the G7 Summit in Quebec City, Canada, on June 9, 2018. (Leon Neal/Getty Images)Since Donald Trump took office as president, the image of the United States has suffered across many regions of the globe. As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners. In several countries, the share of the public with a favorable view of the U.S. is as low as it has been at any point since the Center began polling on this topic nearly two decades ago.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2...navirus-badly/

"third peak"

World surpasses 40 million Covid-19 cases as the U.S. leads the globe in deaths and infections

Oct. 19, 2020, 1:44 PM EDT / Updated Oct. 19, 2020, 4:40 PM EDT
    Covid-19 cases across the globe hit 40 million Monday with the United States leading the world with the highest numbers of infections and deaths.

Nearly 10 months after President Donald Trump first downplayed the danger of Covid-19 and tried to reassure the American people that “hopefully, everything’s going to be great,” nearly 8.2 million Covid-19 infections had been reported in the U.S., along with more than 220,000 deaths, according to the latest NBC News figures.

And with the presidential election now just 15 days away and the Trump administration under fire for its handling of the pandemic, the number of new Covid-19 cases was climbing again toward what epidemiologists were calling a “third peak” of infections in just about every state.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...leads-n1243889

You think Trump has America's best interests in mind? Think again.

There he is, right on cue at 3:30-4:00. School must be out for the day.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

There he is, right on cue at 3:30-4:00. School must be out for the day.

"220,000 in the U.S., which remains the world's worst-hit country despite having less than 5% of the global population."

40 Million Coronavirus Cases Are Now Reported Worldwide

Bill ChappellOctober 19, 20209:54 AM ET

More than 40 million coronavirus infections have now been reported worldwide. Here, a staff member at a school in Moscow uses an infrared thermometer on Monday to screen students.

Sergei Fadeichev/TASS via Getty Images
    The world hit a new benchmark in the COVID-19 pandemic on Monday, surpassing 40 million coronavirus infections, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. With the flu season looming, the rate of new cases in the U.S. and other countries is rising at rates not seen in months.

The disease has killed more than 1.1 million people, including nearly 220,000 in the U.S., which remains the world's worst-hit country despite having less than 5% of the global population.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rted-worldwide

Join the Taliban, Putin, elect Trump:

The Taliban on Trump: "We hope he will win the election" and withdraw U.S. troops

Updated on: October 11, 2020 / 9:30 AM

President Trump's reelection bid received a vote of support Friday from an entity most in his party would reject: the Taliban.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told CBS News in a phone interview, "We believe that Trump is going to win the upcoming election because he has proved himself a politician who accomplished all the major promises he had made to American people, although he might have missed some small things, but did accomplish the bigger promises, so it is possible that the U.S. people who experienced deceptions in the past will once again trust Trump for his decisive actions."

Mujahid added, "We think the majority of the American population is tired of instability, economic failures and politicians' lies and will trust again on Trump because Trump is decisive, could control the situation inside the country. Other politicians, including Biden, chant unrealistic slogans. Some other groups, which are smaller in size but are involved in the military business including weapons manufacturing companies' owners and others who somehow get the benefit of war extension, they might be against Trump and support Biden, but their numbers among voters is low."

Another senior Taliban leader told CBS News, "We hope he will win the election and wind up U.S. military presence in Afghanistan."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taliban...raw-us-troops/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://gizmodo.com/doj-lets-opioid-...lap-1845441512

"According to the Wall Street Journal, little of that $8 billion will ever be paid. Purdue plead bankruptcy in September 2019 to avoid paying out damages in lawsuits brought by roughly 2,000 state and local governments related to the opioid epidemic."

"The settlement is fiercely opposed by the attorney generals of 25 states, who wrote a letter to Attorney General Bill Barr last week urging him to “avoid having special ties to an opioid company,” according to NPR"

Would that be part of the glorious campaign against opioids? The one where the DOJ let the actual people who created it off with a slap on the wrist?

I guess all those big $$$ donations from the Sackler family have finally paid off: https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...ical-spenders/
    "Overall, the family has favored Republican and conservative causes which have received 52 percent of the family’s total contributions."

And justice for all? Or justice for the rich?

"220,000 in the U.S., which remains the world's worst-hit country despite having less than 5% of the global population."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rted-worldwide
    lol, "220,000."

"worst-hit."

See you Space Cowboy ...

I've never considered putting anyone on here on IGNORE but TDS444 is seriously brain dead and just not worth my time anymore.

Apparently TDS444 wants to stay in Afghanistan FOREVER.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Let's see, Ezra Tank highlights 35 reasons to vote for him and all Antifatom444 can come up with is a number of COVID deaths, a number that has been inflated by hospitals to get federal funding and a number that 5 Democrat governors contributed to a lot of by putting COVID patients in nursing homes against federal guidelines.

Now let's see what animal he posts in reply.

Ah, peace:

This message is hidden because tom444 is on your ignore list.

View Post

If you like Putin and hate the CIA and our other intelligence agencies, vote for Trump:

If you like ISIS, the Taliban, and terrorism, vote for Trump:

If Trump is so tough on terrorism, why did the Taliban just endorse him?

.................................................. .....snip......................................... ..

Meanwhile, the Islamic State chapter in Afghanistan will greatly benefit if Trump carries out his recent promise to pull all U.S. troops out by Christmas. That is even faster than U.S. officials had promised the Taliban in a deal signed in February — and it jettisons any pretense that the U.S. pullout will be “conditions-based.”

The other major beneficiary of a U.S. withdrawal would, of course, be the Taliban — a terrorist movement that, despite U.S. pressure, refuses to break ties with al-Qaeda. The Taliban is understandably delighted that Trump is so eager to abandon America’s allies. "We hope he will win the election and wind up the U.S. military presence in Afghanistan,” a senior Taliban leader told CBS News.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-endorse-him/

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    https://gizmodo.com/doj-lets-opioid-...lap-1845441512

"According to the Wall Street Journal, little of that $8 billion will ever be paid. Purdue plead bankruptcy in September 2019 to avoid paying out damages in lawsuits brought by roughly 2,000 state and local governments related to the opioid epidemic."

"The settlement is fiercely opposed by the attorney generals of 25 states, who wrote a letter to Attorney General Bill Barr last week urging him to “avoid having special ties to an opioid company,” according to NPR"

Would that be part of the glorious campaign against opioids? The one where the DOJ let the actual people who created it off with a slap on the wrist?

I guess all those big $$$ donations from the Sackler family have finally paid off: https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...ical-spenders/
    "Overall, the family has favored Republican and conservative causes which have received 52 percent of the family’s total contributions."

And justice for all? Or justice for the rich?
    Why would Trump want to curb the opioid epidemic?

Study: Communities Most Affected By Opioid Epidemic Also Voted For Trump

December 17, 20169:14 AM ET
    Voting patterns show that areas where Donald Trump did well were also places where opiate overdoses and deaths occurred. NPR's Scott Simon speaks with Shannon Monnat who led the study.
    https://www.npr.org/2016/12/17/50596...oted-for-trump