Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: What has happened to the Democratic party?

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Re: What has happened to the Democratic party?

"The driver", "The driver" of a white vehicle slammed into 2 protesters in Seattle. When did this happen? I've heard nothing about it on t.v. or radio. Oh okay i get it,the driver just was't white so it must not have been a worthy story for msnbc or cnn. I did see somewhere a news article,but it made no mention of race in it. Victims struck by a man driving a vehicle.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    "The driver", "The driver" of a white vehicle slammed into 2 protesters in Seattle. When did this happen? I've heard nothing about it on t.v. or radio. Oh okay i get it,the driver just was't white so it must not have been a worthy story for msnbc or cnn. I did see somewhere a news article,but it made no mention of race in it. Victims struck by a man driving a vehicle.
    Oh okay I get it, the media didn't give you a chance to marginalize a black person so you found a way to do it anyway here in Steelers Universe. I bet Mean Joe Green would be proud of you.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Oh okay I get it, the media didn't give you a chance to marginalize a black person so you found a way to do it anyway here in Steelers Universe. I bet Mean Joe Green would be proud of you.
    Ok Gayman 5) What has Joe done for the Black community? Answer the question troll scum!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

No one is marginalizing a black person. This shit happens all the time on every damn forum or site I'm on. Unless the "shooter" or "perpetrator" is white against black, race is never mentioned.... just like the 98% black on black murders in Chicago. You fucking communist, liberal, bleeding heart assholes just ignore everything that doesn't fit your fucking unicorns and rainbows/outlook on anything. I honestly doubt you are what I just described... you are just a fucking gas can troll that loves to stir shit. Fuck you!

Ok Gayman 5) What has Joe done for the Black community? Answer the question troll scum!
    So you're out of work, and everyone is celebrating BLM. Tough year huh?

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    No one is marginalizing a black person. This shit happens all the time on every damn forum or site I'm on. Unless the "shooter" or "perpetrator" is white against black, race is never mentioned.... just like the 98% black on black murders in Chicago. You fucking communist, liberal, bleeding heart assholes just ignore everything that doesn't fit your fucking unicorns and rainbows/outlook on anything. I honestly doubt you are what I just described... you are just a fucking gas can troll that loves to stir shit. Fuck you!
    Feeling a little marginalized yourself are you? Poor baby.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well the Crips are a highly organized and hierarchical organization. So not sure the comparison holds up.

And if the left has to answer for ANTIFA, why does the right not have to answer for the Proud Boys, all the boogaloo folks, or the white supremacists that show up at political events and protests for their side?

Because they are far right extremists, not conservatives. They are denounced by conservatives and conservative outlets. Liberals of today are all far left.

The terrorist groups ANTIFA and BLM are made up of typical liberals of today.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Because they are far right extremists, not conservatives. They are denounced by conservatives and conservative outlets. Liberals of today are all far left.

The terrorist groups ANTIFA and BLM are made up of typical liberals of today.
    The terrorists groups the KKK and Boogaloo Movement are made up of typical conservatives of today.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The terrorists groups the KKK and Boogaloo Movement are made up of typical conservatives of today.
    According to POTUS Twitter and own statements; they are his beliefs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6) What has Joe done for the Black community?

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling a little marginalized yourself are you? Poor baby.
    7)What has Joe done for the Black community?

Oh you mean T.L.M. Tranny lives matter? Started by a man that didn't know how to or able to face life like a real man so he wants to be a woman? Just like you. You are an "it". You think you can alter reality. Being gay was no longer good enough for you.You fell threatened by anyone who is not P.C. but cry and scream like the little bitch you are when others exercise their right to critical thinking.In your world their is no critical thinking. You avoid any questions that challenge your mental retardedness and try to answer with another question.Or you just avoid a question totally like:8) What has Joe done for the Black community?

According to POTUS Twitter and own statements; they are his beliefs as well.

He’s tried racism and he’s all out of ideas

Trump Believes That He Is Losing Because He Hasn’t Been Racist Enough

Eric Levitz@EricLevitzJuly 2, 2020

He’s tried racism and he’s all out of ideas. Photo: Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images

Over the past month, Joe Biden has opened up a double-digit lead over Donald Trump in national polls.
    That same period witnessed the following milestones in American political life:

For the first time since the movement’s inception, Black Lives Matter won the support of a large majority of voters — and a slim majority of white ones.

The percentage of Americans
    who say that “racial discrimination is a serious problem,” that “police are more likely to use deadly force against Black people,” and that “white people are more likely to get ahead” all hit record highs in various tracking polls.
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...es-matter.html

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Oh you mean T.L.M. Tranny lives matter? Started by a man that didn't know how to or able to face life like a real man so he wants to be a woman? Just like you. You are an "it". You think you can alter reality. Being gay was no longer good enough for you.You fell threatened by anyone who is not P.C. but cry and scream like the little bitch you are when others exercise their right to critical thinking.In your world their is no critical thinking. You avoid any questions that challenge your mental retardedness and try to answer with another question.Or you just avoid a question totally like:8) What has Joe done for the Black community?
    Dude, give it up, there is no point arguing with a teenager who is mainly here to be a troll.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

In the racism doesn't exist and the system totally works file: https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ts/3280055001/

The bold and italics are mine. But this was a social media statement made by a state election official. Granted, it does not appear that this election official has put words into actions...but seriously?

""I'm concerned about voter registration in Mississippi," the commissioner wrote. "The blacks are having lots (of) events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too.""

Q: What has Biden done for the African-American community?

A: Nothing. Personally, he hasn't done anything helpful and one of his major achievements as a Senator ended up harming many minority communities. I don't think that any rational person can not see that. When he speaks about race and inequality he sounds like the out of touch 70+ year old white dude that he is. So he is the same as Trump, right? Well, no. Not really.

First, look at who Biden surrounds himself with. He hires women and minorities at all level. Trump has Ben Carson and a rotating cast of female Press Secretaries that lie for him until they burn out. Repeated polling has demonstrated that potential 2020 voters see, understand, and are planning on acting on this difference. Polling data, and at this point that is ALL we have to go on, even if we also all recognize that polling data is flawed, overwhelming indicates in that in African-American communities Biden and his campaign's actions are being mobilized into support. What is he doing? His campaign is already (and this was pre George Floyd) in African-American and Latino communities. In contrast to Clinton, who only set up shop there late in the campaign. Biden's campaign is hiring local organizers and advocates to help run the offices rather thing bringing in outside groups like Clinton did. So he (well really his campaign) is attempting to reach out to minority communities and it is actively engaging with people from those communities to build a platform and an approach that will "work" for those communities. This is in contrast to how Clinton just used outsiders and told communities that this or that was a good thing. In even sharper relief, it appears the Trump campaign is just bailing out on many of these communities.

Second, we could talk about the economic messaging and policies. Many third party analyses indicate that what the Biden camp is proposing or talking about at least, will be better for lower working class citizens. And, unfortunately, that is often the economic group that far too many minority groups fall into. So in that sense, while it is not specifically a series of policies or actions directly aimed at African-American communities or individuals; it will directly benefit them. Same argument with health-care and taxes.

But that wasn't any of what you wanted. You just figured you would bait the hook with the idea that the white guy who says goofy stuff, is super old, and pushed through the crime bill was the same as Trump. That ignores the fact that Trump has and continues to hire, listen to, and advocate for policies and actions devised by blatant and obvious racists. So there is that...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

In the racism doesn't exist and the system totally works file: https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ts/3280055001/

The bold and italics are mine. But this was a social media statement made by a state election official. Granted, it does not appear that this election official has put words into actions...but seriously?

""I'm concerned about voter registration in Mississippi," the commissioner wrote. "The blacks are having lots (of) events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too.""
    It is the same thing as saying "There was a fire in this one neighborhood; therefore, there is a fire everywhere at all times, and we must act as if there needs to be an emergency response everywhere at all times."

Make a national emergency out of everything. It couldn't be that a tiny fraction of people are just assholes. It couldn't be that just a tiny fraction of people get sick. It is a CRISIS. It is EVERYWHERE. Give me whatever I demand.

What IS your solution, by the way? Because most of the so-called solutions I hear are some combination of blindly hating strangers because they are white, or "give me money for my questionably related pet cause."

Or the uselessly vague "dismantle systemic racism" which inevitably comes down to wanting me to buy into the standard party line: America sucks, capitalism sucks, humanity sucks, apologize to the world and be miserable with us.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a liberal activist. It must be terrible.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    It is the same thing as saying "There was a fire in this one neighborhood; therefore, there is a fire everywhere at all times, and we must act as if there needs to be an emergency response everywhere at all times."

Make a national emergency out of everything. It couldn't be that a tiny fraction of people are just assholes. It couldn't be that just a tiny fraction of people get sick. It is a CRISIS. It is EVERYWHERE. Give me whatever I demand.

What IS your solution, by the way? Because most of the so-called solutions I hear are some combination of blindly hating strangers because they are white, or "give me money for my questionably related pet cause."

Or the uselessly vague "dismantle systemic racism" which inevitably comes down to wanting me to buy into the standard party line: America sucks, capitalism sucks, humanity sucks, apologize to the world and be miserable with us.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a liberal activist. It must be terrible.

Well it would be pretty simple. Listen to people. Then in cases, like the one above, discipline or fire (depending on the specifics) the individual involved. I think the real "party line" would be "America can be better, capitalism requires regulation to ensure a level playing field for all, humanity is capable of hatred and discrimination, and nothing about the rest of the world."

Well it would be pretty simple. Listen to people. Then in cases, like the one above, discipline or fire (depending on the specifics) the individual involved. I think the real "party line" would be "America can be better, capitalism requires regulation to ensure a level playing field for all, humanity is capable of hatred and discrimination, and nothing about the rest of the world."
    Well see, most of that makes sense - pity it is not what they are asking for.

I've had discussions like this with some of my unfortunate left-leaning friends.

"What really needs to happen is that they do a better job of finding these low-quality people and removing them from the police force."

"YOU'RE JUST DENYING THE PROBLEM EXISTS! IT'S NOT INDIVIDUAL, IT'S SYSTEMIC! YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! PRIVILEGE!!"

"It's crazy to think all police are racist. There are like 750,000 of them. It would be almost impossible for word not to get out on a large scale."

"NO WAY! THE POLICE ARE ALL INDOCTRINATED BY THE KKK! IT'S PART OF THEIR TRAINING! THE KKK USED TO BE EVERYWHERE IN THE POLICE AND THEY STILL ARE! THEY ALL COVER IT UP! THE BLUE WALL OF SILENCE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??"

"The KKK is a joke, it's like a few thousand rednecks. Nobody's going to listen to them. There are hundreds of thousands of black and Hispanic police officers, are they all following the KKK?"

"YEAH MAN! THEY'RE BRAINWASHED TO BE WHITE SUPREMACISTS!"

Well ... Ok. Even when talking with one of my more rational-minded liberal friends (if there is such a thing) about removing bad cops:

"I think a big problem is that it's hard to fire these people because the unions get in the way. You're not going to fire someone when it goes through a huge drawn-out process that involves risking your own job, the unions need to get out of the way for firing people like that."

"OMG I KNEW IT! YOU JUST HATE UNIONS AND THIS WAS AN EXCUSE TO TWIST A TOTALLY UNRELATED CAUSE FOR YOUR REPUBLICAN IDEOLOGY!"

"Uh, I'm not a Republican, remember?"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! PEOPLE ARE DYING AND ALL YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IS GETTING RID OF ALL UNIONS! THEY NEED UNIONS! PRIVILEGE!"

So this is why I am sick of listening to these people. They are insane.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well see, most of that makes sense - pity it is not what they are asking for.

I've had discussions like this with some of my unfortunate left-leaning friends.

"What really needs to happen is that they do a better job of finding these low-quality people and removing them from the police force."

"YOU'RE JUST DENYING THE PROBLEM EXISTS! IT'S NOT INDIVIDUAL, IT'S SYSTEMIC! YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM! PRIVILEGE!!"

"It's crazy to think all police are racist. There are like 750,000 of them. It would be almost impossible for word not to get out on a large scale."

"NO WAY! THE POLICE ARE ALL INDOCTRINATED BY THE KKK! IT'S PART OF THEIR TRAINING! THE KKK USED TO BE EVERYWHERE IN THE POLICE AND THEY STILL ARE! THEY ALL COVER IT UP! THE BLUE WALL OF SILENCE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??"

"The KKK is a joke, it's like a few thousand rednecks. Nobody's going to listen to them. There are hundreds of thousands of black and Hispanic police officers, are they all following the KKK?"

"YEAH MAN! THEY'RE BRAINWASHED TO BE WHITE SUPREMACISTS!"

Well ... Ok. Even when talking with one of my more rational-minded liberal friends (if there is such a thing) about removing bad cops:

"I think a big problem is that it's hard to fire these people because the unions get in the way. You're not going to fire someone when it goes through a huge drawn-out process that involves risking your own job, the unions need to get out of the way for firing people like that."

"OMG I KNEW IT! YOU JUST HATE UNIONS AND THIS WAS AN EXCUSE TO TWIST A TOTALLY UNRELATED CAUSE FOR YOUR REPUBLICAN IDEOLOGY!"

"Uh, I'm not a Republican, remember?"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! PEOPLE ARE DYING AND ALL YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IS GETTING RID OF ALL UNIONS! THEY NEED UNIONS! PRIVILEGE!"

So this is why I am sick of listening to these people. They are insane.
    Sorry you have stupid and irrational friends. Get better ones? I have never had a single conversation like that in my entire adult life speaking to anyone on the left that I have known. I would be suspicious of characterizing the entire American Left based on some idiots that you happen to know...

Sorry you have stupid and irrational friends. Get better ones? I have never had a single conversation like that in my entire adult life speaking to anyone on the left that I have known. I would be suspicious of characterizing the entire American Left based on some idiots that you happen to know...
    Overall, my experience has been that "left-leaning" people are far more likely to react like that, than the way that you do. I have family members like this too. Some of them remain calmer than others, but very rarely do any have anything substantial to say; it is just dismissively repeating the same talking points.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Overall, my experience has been that "left-leaning" people are far more likely to react like that, than the way that you do. I have family members like this too. Some of them remain calmer than others, but very rarely do any have anything substantial to say; it is just dismissively repeating the same talking points.
    Interesting. I sometimes have the same experience with "right-leaning" folks. Rarely can they explain why or how they want something to be done -- just able to repeat Fox News and Twitter talking points like a mantra.

Interesting. I sometimes have the same experience with "right-leaning" folks. Rarely can they explain why or how they want something to be done -- just able to repeat Fox News and Twitter talking points like a mantra.
    Those people definitely exist, and are equally difficult to take seriously.

For some reason, though, one group is easy enough to just ignore, while the other needs to be handled like a poisonous wild animal.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Q: What has Biden done for the African-American community?

A: Nothing. Personally, he hasn't done anything helpful and one of his major achievements as a Senator ended up harming many minority communities. I don't think that any rational person can not see that. When he speaks about race and inequality he sounds like the out of touch 70+ year old white dude that he is. So he is the same as Trump, right? Well, no. Not really.

First, look at who Biden surrounds himself with. He hires women and minorities at all level. Trump has Ben Carson and a rotating cast of female Press Secretaries that lie for him until they burn out. Repeated polling has demonstrated that potential 2020 voters see, understand, and are planning on acting on this difference. Polling data, and at this point that is ALL we have to go on, even if we also all recognize that polling data is flawed, overwhelming indicates in that in African-American communities Biden and his campaign's actions are being mobilized into support. What is he doing? His campaign is already (and this was pre George Floyd) in African-American and Latino communities. In contrast to Clinton, who only set up shop there late in the campaign. Biden's campaign is hiring local organizers and advocates to help run the offices rather thing bringing in outside groups like Clinton did. So he (well really his campaign) is attempting to reach out to minority communities and it is actively engaging with people from those communities to build a platform and an approach that will "work" for those communities. This is in contrast to how Clinton just used outsiders and told communities that this or that was a good thing. In even sharper relief, it appears the Trump campaign is just bailing out on many of these communities.

Second, we could talk about the economic messaging and policies. Many third party analyses indicate that what the Biden camp is proposing or talking about at least, will be better for lower working class citizens. And, unfortunately, that is often the economic group that far too many minority groups fall into. So in that sense, while it is not specifically a series of policies or actions directly aimed at African-American communities or individuals; it will directly benefit them. Same argument with health-care and taxes.

But that wasn't any of what you wanted. You just figured you would bait the hook with the idea that the white guy who says goofy stuff, is super old, and pushed through the crime bill was the same as Trump. That ignores the fact that Trump has and continues to hire, listen to, and advocate for policies and actions devised by blatant and obvious racists. So there is that...
    Well that question was not meant for you,but i respect that you had the courage to answer it.Although you didn't hesitate to put a lackluster spin on the truth.
    I like the part about surrounding himself with minorities and woman from directly inside the plantations of which they ruin,i mean run,and not any from outside the plantation who may want to really help the minorities.
    No mention of the discrimination based on color and gender to select such a person.Hiring for a position based on gender and sex is discrimination isn't it?Maybe that was pre-cancel culture laws. No defund the plantation calls. Trump does not control the plantations,that is vastly under control of the very people that Biden wants to surround himself with. The deep seated mayors and governors that line their own pockets with millions of dollars that is supposed to go to those who really need it most.
    In light of the fact that i did not vote Trump into office,and agree he says and does some of the most stupidest things,i do not hate his guts.I admire that he will not do everything his party tells him to do.It often offends them and i like that.Some don't realize it is the Dems.that he is trying to expose.But they know it.And they have shown how threatened they felt since he won the election. False accusations for 3.5 years only to inhibit him from doing an even better job,and it did nothing but open up a lot of peoples eyes to what really lays at the bottom of the swamp.
    Okay 1)What has Joe done for U.S.,China relations?

Well that question was not meant for you,but i respect that you had the courage to answer it.Although you didn't hesitate to put a lackluster spin on the truth.
    I like the part about surrounding himself with minorities and woman from directly inside the plantations of which they ruin,i mean run,and not any from outside the plantation who may want to really help the minorities.
    No mention of the discrimination based on color and gender to select such a person.Hiring for a position based on gender and sex is discrimination isn't it?Maybe that was pre-cancel culture laws. No defund the plantation calls. Trump does not control the plantations,that is vastly under control of the very people that Biden wants to surround himself with. The deep seated mayors and governors that line their own pockets with millions of dollars that is supposed to go to those who really need it most.
    In light of the fact that i did not vote Trump into office,and agree he says and does some of the most stupidest things,i do not hate his guts.I admire that he will not do everything his party tells him to do.It often offends them and i like that.Some don't realize it is the Dems.that he is trying to expose.But they know it.And they have shown how threatened they felt since he won the election. False accusations for 3.5 years only to inhibit him from doing an even better job,and it did nothing but open up a lot of peoples eyes to what really lays at the bottom of the swamp.
    Honestly, I have absolutely no fucking idea what in the blue hell you are talking about. This sounds like some QAnon crazy-pants. I'm out.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Lined his and his sons pockets with cash.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting to see that a non existent fake meme from 4chan has now manifested in corporeal form and started killing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...vement/613843/

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

You mean far right extremists. Who are denounced by conservatives. You know who praises the terrorist group BLM? Liberals and the liberal media.

Don't forget the KKK was created by Democrats.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    You mean far right extremists. Who are denounced by conservatives. You know who praises the terrorist group BLM? Liberals and the liberal media.

Don't forget the KKK was created by Democrats.
    Pull your head out of your ass.