Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2064

Thread: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What is happening with bias vs. credibility is roughly this: CNN or the New York Times will report the facts - but because of their bias, they leave out half the facts. Fox News also reports the facts, but leaves out a different half of them. But you can't do that and still be reporting the news - lying by omission is just as bad. All of them have destroyed their credibility.
    So than, The New York Times and Fox News are basically the same except for the parts of the stories they decide to leave out?

Fox Settled a Lawsuit Over Its Lies. But It Insisted on One Unusual Condition.

Why did the network insist an agreement with the family of a murdered young man remain undisclosed until after the election?

Jan. 17, 2021
    Ryan Jenq for The New York Times

On Oct. 12, 2020, Fox News agreed to pay millions of dollars to the family of a murdered Democratic National Committee staff member, implicitly acknowledging what saner minds knew long ago: that the network had repeatedly hyped a false claim that the young staff member, Seth Rich, was involved in leaking D.N.C. emails during the 2016 presidential campaign. (Russian intelligence officers, in fact, had hacked and leaked the emails.)
    Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com.

But there was one curious provision that Fox insisted on: The settlement had to be kept secret for a month — until after the Nov. 3 election. The exhausted plaintiffs agreed.

Why did Fox care about keeping the Rich settlement secret for the final month of the Trump re-election campaign? Why was it important to the company, which calls itself a news organization, that one of the biggest lies of the Trump era remain unresolved for that period? Was Fox afraid that admitting it was wrong would incite the president’s wrath? Did network executives fear backlash from their increasingly radicalized audience, which has been gravitating to other conservative outlets?

Fox News and its lawyer, Joe Terry, declined to answer that question when I asked last week. And two people close to the case, who shared details of the settlement with me, were puzzled by that provision, too.

The unusual arrangement underscores how deeply entwined Fox has become in the Trump camp’s disinformation efforts and the dangerous paranoia they set off, culminating in the fatal attack on the Capitol 11 days ago. The network parroted lies from Trump and his more sinister allies for years, ultimately amplifying the president’s enormous deceptions about the election’s outcome, further radicalizing many of Mr. Trump’s supporters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/b...tiVgnMN-zxoMVk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I personally like NPR, I like getting my news without the drama of getting shouted at, and since it's mostly podcasts I can get my news while working. Might be too boring for some people, but I like boring when it comes to the news. The fiscal times (they're slightly right-leaning) also is a good one if you're wanting to get informed on the fiscal side of what the government is doing without all the other noise (honestly i like to get news that has nothing to do with the social-related stuff since it's exhausting to get too much of that).

In any case I'm not a fan of Fox or CNN, their programming seems to be designed to get your blood pressure up

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I personally like NPR, I like getting my news without the drama of getting shouted at, and since it's mostly podcasts I can get my news while working. Might be too boring for some people, but I like boring when it comes to the news. The fiscal times (they're slightly right-leaning) also is a good one if you're wanting to get informed on the fiscal side of what the government is doing without all the other noise (honestly i like to get news that has nothing to do with the social-related stuff since it's exhausting to get too much of that).

In any case I'm not a fan of Fox or CNN, their programming seems to be designed to get your blood pressure up
    Podcasts and some print media are the way to go in my opinion. All TV news is just nonsense (some more fact based than others) designed to cater to whatever lowest common denominator each network has selected in order to get ratings and attract advertisers. I cut out all televised news shows/channels several years ago. Result is that I am no less informed about the world around me and I am way less mentally exhausted.

BONUS: Inside The Capitol Siege

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ucHIub3JnLzUxMDM1NS9wb2RjYXN0Ln htbA/episode/OTJlOTUyODMtMzJlOC00ODhjLWJhMmQtYzZiMGNhYjg1ZGJk?h l=en

- - - Updated - - -

CNN with it's big red BREAKING NEWS and drumbeat, or whatever, in the back ground. Good lord.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    CNN with it's big red BREAKING NEWS and drumbeat, or whatever, in the back ground. Good lord.
    Yep, over the top visual stimuli and people yelling at the camera, it's too much

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post

THE END OF AN ERROR.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    THE END OF AN ERROR.
    The beginning of another.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    The beginning of another.
    So, in other words, you hope the President-elect fails.

Very patriotic of you and the other fake Americans.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Actually, it's that anyone whose head isn't buried in the mainstream media can infer that the Biden administration will spend their time returning to the failed Obama policies and getting revenge on anyone who dared to support Trump. Biden himself will spend his time watching Cuties, fondling his dog, and resting his rapidly failing brain until his handlers tell him to make public appearances and read the speeches they write for him

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Biden himself will spend his time watching Cuties, fondling his dog, and resting his rapidly failing brain until his handlers tell him to make public appearances and read the speeches they write for him
    This poster most likely believes all that. That's how f-ing dumb the right has become.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Of course the patriotic thing is to hope for the failure of the illegitimate government. Only fake Americans would be rooting for the success of a forced move to authoritarian rule.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Of course the patriotic thing is to hope for the failure of the illegitimate government. Only fake Americans would be rooting for the success of a forced move to authoritarian rule.
    Congrats, you're what's wrong with America! You would have fit in pretty well with the confederates during the civil war

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Congrats, you're what's wrong with America! You would have fit in pretty well with the confederates during the civil war
    If I recall, the Confederates were the ones who attempted to start an illegitimate government. So that's you, bucko.

I also think that historically, being opposed to authoritarian one-party rule has generally been considered about the most American thing ever, so yeah.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The tears....they are so salty....I love how the American right absolutely DEMANDS that everyone respect and acknowledge the POTUS and get circle the wagons when their guy is in there....but then when their guy loses, it is an illegitimate government!

You all are just the most precious little snowflakes!

If I recall, the Confederates were the ones who attempted to start an illegitimate government. So that's you, bucko.

I also think that historically, being opposed to authoritarian one-party rule has generally been considered about the most American thing ever, so yeah.
    I personally don't think there should be parties, people should just vote on stances they believe in (or don't). Parties are symbols and I leave symbols to the symbol minded

I personally don't think there should be parties, people should just vote on stances they believe in (or don't). Parties are symbols and I leave symbols to the symbol minded
    Well, it's a little late for that now, isn't it?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well, it's a little late for that now, isn't it?
    For some people it is. I don't have any loyalty to either party and voted both ways (historically more republican or libertarian). Though I vote for who I think would be best for the country, and never could understand people who just showed blind loyalty to one party.

For some people it is. I don't have any loyalty to either party and voted both ways (historically more republican or libertarian). Though I vote for who I think would be best for the country, and never could understand people who just showed blind loyalty to one party.
    Well, then I don't think you understand what's happening politically right now. About 95% of the (legitimate) vote is out of blind loyalty to the Democratic Party, or else because people are frightened by the blind loyalty to the Democratic Party that has gotten rather cult-like and crazy. People don't want crazy in charge.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Well, then I don't think you understand what's happening politically right now. About 95% of the (legitimate) vote is out of blind loyalty to the Democratic Party, or else because people are frightened by the blind loyalty to the Democratic Party that has gotten rather cult-like and crazy. People don't want crazy in charge.
    That's not unique to one side, but yes I think that's a problem. That's why there's no accountability in politics, people are unwilling to call bullshit on their own side (much like how Patriots fans defended Belichick when he was caught cheating multiple times)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The tears....they are so salty....I love how the American right absolutely DEMANDS that everyone respect and acknowledge the POTUS and get circle the wagons when their guy is in there....but then when their guy loses, it is an illegitimate government!

buh, buh, but.....all you leftist, libtards are hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

It's an illegitimate government because of election fraud, not because of who lost. And the right never "demanded" any of what you said, you just invented that in your pretend smuggie fantasy world.

Anyway, as I already said, it was entirely expected that as soon as the related thread was posted, there would immediately be the usual liberal swarm. Just more empty posturing and meaningless noise, entirely predictable. Being emboldened by a fake political victory doesn't add any more merit to it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Gen. Powell "I'm just a citizen.....................not concerned with parties"

Out of Many, One

Former President George W. Bush, Who Previously Oversaw the Creation of ICE, is Releasing a Book of Immigrant Portraits

"Out of Many, One" coincides with a show of the 43 works.
    Taylor Dafoe, August 11, 2020

"Out of Many, One: Portraits of America's Immigrants" by George W. Bush. Courtesy of Penguin Random House.A little more than a year ago, President-turned-painter George W. Bush set out to make a series of portraits about American immigrants. Well, mission accomplished.

Last week, Bush announced a new book collecting 43 of these portraits, each of which will be accompanied by a small essay he’s written on the given artwork’s subject.
    The book, Out of Many, One—the translation of “E pluribus unum”—is set to be released March 2, coinciding with a 10-month-long exhibition of the works at the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas.

“While I recognize that immigration can be an emotional issue, I reject the premise that it is a partisan issue. It is perhaps the most American of issues, and it should be one that unites us,” the former president said in a statement included in the book’s announcement. “My hope is that this book will help focus our collective attention on the positive impacts that immigrants are making on our country.”

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ge...traits-1901252

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

No.... I hope he succeeds. I just have no faith that he will. More to the point.... I have no faith AT ALL in a Democrat run country.

And how should I take your post? Happy that Trump failed (in your eyes)? Kind of hypocritical of you to call me out, eh?

No.... I hope he succeeds. I just have no faith that he will. More to the point.... I have no faith AT ALL in a Democrat run country.

And how should I take your post? Happy that Trump failed (in your eyes)? Kind of hypocritical of you to call me out, eh?
    Don't worry too much about it, he's stuck in another one of his feedback loops where he got so stupid that he pissed himself off.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good to hear you hope he succeeds.
    Unlike your buddy poster, the self proclaimed genius of idiocy who wants the president to fail so he can scream, I told you so. That’s all he and others want.
    And no, I get no satisfaction at all at Trump’s dysfunctional presidency. Maybe you forgot that I voted for him in 2016.
    He failed, the country suffered, and now it’s time to move on and heal.
    Reasonable people admit their mistakes and learn from them.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Good to hear you hope he succeeds.
    Unlike your buddy poster, the self proclaimed genius of idiocy who wants the president to fail so he can scream, I told you so. That’s all he and others want.
    And no, I get no satisfaction at all at Trump’s dysfunctional presidency. Maybe you forgot that I voted for him in 2016.
    He failed, the country suffered, and now it’s time to move on and heal.
    Reasonable people admit their mistakes and learn from them.
    I certainly hope the economy succeeds, but is it unpatriotic to want administration to fail when it comes to policies one doesn’t agree with. Amnesty, open borders, free health care to illegals, affirmative action, censorship on anyone who disagrees with progressive agenda. I could go on but for me I will never root for that type of agenda to succeed. It’s been said by many when Trump gone civility will return as well as Biden will heal and unify. The media has healed, I almost threw up listening to them and watching them tear up over inauguration. But BLM and antifa still doing their thing. IMO people won’t change even after getting rid of Trump, his supporters and plenty of other GOP politicians like Hawley, cruz and matt gaetz will now be at end of liberal hate and anger. I’d hate to see the whole country turn into California , so of course I hope Susan Rice, kammala, AOC and the squad fail(joe not running country).

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I certainly hope the economy succeeds, but is it unpatriotic to want administration to fail when it comes to policies one doesn’t agree with. Amnesty, open borders, free health care to illegals, affirmative action, censorship on anyone who disagrees with progressive agenda. I could go on but for me I will never root for that type of agenda to succeed. It’s been said by many when Trump gone civility will return as well as Biden will heal and unify. The media has healed, I almost threw up listening to them and watching them tear up over inauguration. But BLM and antifa still doing their thing. IMO people won’t change even after getting rid of Trump, his supporters and plenty of other GOP politicians like Hawley, cruz and matt gaetz will now be at end of liberal hate and anger. I’d hate to see the whole country turn into California , so of course I hope Susan Rice, kammala, AOC and the squad fail(joe not running country).
    All BS: Joe's not running the country, censorship on anyone who disagrees with progressive agenda, open borders, blah blah.

When is the right going to return from Mars?

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Basically, if the Democrat agenda succeeds, America fails. So yes, I hope the administration fails. That is not unpatriotic in the slightest, in fact quite the opposite. The left sure has gone off the deep end if they think they're in a position to lecture anyone about patriotism. I mean, they were literally in the streets shouting "Death to America" a few months ago. Time to suck a dick.

Unity and healing, yeah right. These people are as hateful as ever. They don't want to coexist, they want everyone else to submit. If the past couple of days are any indication, they've just got more open about it now. It's just been an orgy of virtue signaling and self-righteousness that will soon turn to petty vengeance as soon as they are done basking.

It should be horrifying to anyone watching from a distance that these people actually think they are celebrating inclusion and positivity, not that they have become pawns in an Orwellian nightmare.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Basically, if the Democrat agenda succeeds, America fails. So yes, I hope the administration fails. That is not unpatriotic in the slightest, in fact quite the opposite. The left sure has gone off the deep end if they think they're in a position to lecture anyone about patriotism. I mean, they were literally in the streets shouting "Death to America" a few months ago. Time to suck a dick.

Unity and healing, yeah right. These people are as hateful as ever. They don't want to coexist, they want everyone else to submit. If the past couple of days are any indication, they've just got more open about it now. It's just been an orgy of virtue signaling and self-righteousness that will soon turn to petty vengeance as soon as they are done basking.

It should be horrifying to anyone watching from a distance that these people actually think they are celebrating inclusion and positivity, not that they have become pawns in an Orwellian nightmare.
    QAnon