Thread: Liberal predictions from the past, present and future.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Liberal predictions from the past, present and future.

https://extinctionclock.org

June 21, 2018 Prediction: Climate change will wipe out all of humanity says Greta Thunberg®.
    From Twitter, quote: "A top climate scientist is warning that climate change will wipe out all of humanity unless we stop using fossil fuels over the next five years."
    Related: The now deleted article that Thunberg referenced, quoting James Anderson (Harvard).
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Liberal predictions from the past, present and future.

Here was a good liberal prediction from early 2020. Amazing how they turn on a dime as soon as they are reprogrammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is one of the most irresponsible media driven panics in some time. Wash your hands.

Reminds me of when satanic cults were supposed to be carving a bloody swathe through small towns.
    It absolutely is a media driven panic. People are hoarding masks that are totally ineffective in stopping anything virus related. There are shortages of bottled water. During the height of the outbreak in Wuhan, the water supply was never infected or disrupted. Hand sanitizer, which is often extremely ineffective against viruses is being bought out of stores. There are media predictions of millions of deaths. This is just all irresponsible and ridiculous.

The data collected so far indicates that the mortality rate is far far far lower than originally estimated. If you look at the Diamond Princess cruise ship as a controlled case study (morbid, but true), you can see that the mortality rate on this virus is far lower - under 1% than is and has been reported in most major media outlets.

Should we all attempt to avoid large group gatherings until we understand the full nature of this particular virus? Sure, can't hurt. Will there be major disruptions to the economy and individual lives? Almost certainly. But this is not the first 15 minutes of some apocalyptic zombie movie like many seem to think it is or will become. This is not the end times. It is simply a previously unseen version of type of virus that we are very familiar with and while no one is entirely sure of how this will play out, it is not uncharted territory here. SARS was the exact same type of virus and spread in a similar manner; yet people did not freak out to this degree. I think that "viral" media bits are being spread about this viruses and people are losing their minds.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Great... Another post to watch you guys attack each other

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Imagine being so obsessed that you are willing to comb through 3 years of posts!

In early 2020, that is exactly what I believed the situation to be. And I was pissed off that I couldn't shop without encountering panicky herds of people.

Oh no....I was wrong about something! Whatever will I do?! My whole identity is falling apart!!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Imagine being so obsessed that you are willing to comb through 3 years of posts!

In early 2020, that is exactly what I believed the situation to be. And I was pissed off that I couldn't shop without encountering panicky herds of people.

Oh no....I was wrong about something! Whatever will I do?! My whole identity is falling apart!!
    I mean, actually you were right about it. What was amazing was how you did a 180 and vehemently argued the opposite viewpoint because you were told to. All it took was some relatively superficial coaxing from members of your own political party, and you were willing to totally ignore what was initially plain to you, to the point where you actually believe the opposite and would never admit you are wrong.

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I can imagine being so obsessed that I was willing to comb through 3 years of posts, but that's what a crazy weirdo would do. So instead I just went to the first page of a thread on the first page of the forum, on the off chance that a liberal would have made an ass of himself. Kind of says something that it would be that easy, don't you think? Or maybe I just have incredible luck.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I mean, actually you were right about it. What was amazing was how you did a 180 and vehemently argued the opposite viewpoint because you were told to. All it took was some relatively superficial coaxing from members of your own political party, and you were willing to totally ignore what was initially plain to you, to the point where you actually believe the opposite and would never admit you are wrong.

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

I can imagine being so obsessed that I was willing to comb through 3 years of posts, but that's what a crazy weirdo would do. So instead I just went to the first page of a thread on the first page of the forum, on the off chance that a liberal would have made an ass of himself. Kind of says something that it would be that easy, don't you think? Or maybe I just have incredible luck.
    Hilarious,

the lockdowns have done unimaginable financial damage to small businesses, destroyed the commercial real estate market and doubled home prices making home affordability the lowest on record. Oh yeah and made a small group of people super wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Hilarious,

the lockdowns have done unimaginable financial damage to small businesses, destroyed the commercial real estate market and doubled home prices making home affordability the lowest on record. Oh yeah and made a small group of people super wealthy.
    Well it was all worth it so we could have Obama's third term.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

No more fossil fuels means no more car jackings and everybody rides the electric bus!
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Well it was all worth it so we could have Obama's third term.
    That's the truth for sure. Barrys pulling the marionette strings of the 2 fucking half wit imbeciles in charge of the country.