Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2064

Thread: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What has happened to the Democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    These times have made the 2nd amendment more crucial than ever before. Talks of defunding and disbanding police, left-wing terror group committing acts of violence unchecked. This just shows why the 2nd amendment is important.
    Scared are you?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fuck no. Who said that? You all on the right are too darn twitchy. Like someone should be able to bring up the fact that much of America's toxic relationship with guns contributes to some problems related to crime, law enforcement, social unrest, racial violence, and several other subjects touched on in the last dozen or so posts.

Law enforcement consistently makes the claim that they have use lethal force and use it early because far too many of the people they encounter are heavily armed. This causes them to be in fear for their lives which leads to lethal force events.

Seems like we might wanna at least talk about that a bit. But naw.
    Naw is right. Why would anyone who is not already a gun control advocate even want to engage in that conversation, where the only thing being debated is whether liberal dipshits should take away a little of your rights or a lot of your rights - and just keeping what you already have would be a major victory? It is not even worth entertaining.

You seem to hate a lot of things about living in this country. I mean an awful lot. Like, just about anything about the way things are done, it's "That sucks and is morally wrong, I want to make everyone else do it this other way."

But the thing is, there are loads and loads of places where they already do things the way you want, and you wouldn't have to argue with anyone or try to change their beliefs. And here's the real kicker - this country was deliberately set up so that it would not be like those places and it would be hard to make it like those places. So what is your stubborn insistence on trying to impose your will on others? Europe or Canada awaits you. Even New Zealand. I mean, you're in Wisconsin, it's not as if you'd be missing out on anything great.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The 2A protects the 1A.
    All Defense!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    There it is...never fails.
    Any talk of limiting access to killing machines guarantees a gun nut brings up the sanctity of the second amendment.
    Weapons have changed just a bit since our founding fathers guaranteed our right to bear arms.
    Yet, the gun nuts see no difference between single shot muskets and weapons that spray bullets like a garden hose.
    I don't own a gun. I have no interest in guns at all. I have a big interest in holding to the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Naw is right. Why would anyone who is not already a gun control advocate even want to engage in that conversation, where the only thing being debated is whether liberal dipshits should take away a little of your rights or a lot of your rights - and just keeping what you already have would be a major victory? It is not even worth entertaining.

You seem to hate a lot of things about living in this country. I mean an awful lot. Like, just about anything about the way things are done, it's "That sucks and is morally wrong, I want to make everyone else do it this other way."

But the thing is, there are loads and loads of places where they already do things the way you want, and you wouldn't have to argue with anyone or try to change their beliefs. And here's the real kicker - this country was deliberately set up so that it would not be like those places and it would be hard to make it like those places. So what is your stubborn insistence on trying to impose your will on others? Europe or Canada awaits you. Even New Zealand. I mean, you're in Wisconsin, it's not as if you'd be missing out on anything great.

^^^^ What a nut job huh?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Again, you've missed the point by miles and jumped to a series of conclusions and goals that I did not and have not ever advocated for. Not sure how cracking down on illegal gun sales, possession, and use would really threaten anyone's freedoms. But you have proven my point. A conversation can't be had. As soon as you say the word "guns" and "problem" in the same sentence; people just start shouting ludicrous shit and totally shut down any discussion.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Again, you've missed the point by miles and jumped to a series of conclusions and goals that I did not and have not ever advocated for. Not sure how cracking down on illegal gun sales, possession, and use would really threaten anyone's freedoms. But you have proven my point. A conversation can't be had. As soon as you say the word "guns" and "problem" in the same sentence; people just start shouting ludicrous shit and totally shut down any discussion.
    Talk about jumping to conclusions.

But no, we cannot have a conversation about gun control. Why? Because the left has demonstrated over and over again what that will be, and it is a one-way street of removing more freedoms and imposing more control. Why would anyone enter that voluntarily?

You can spare me the old shtick "If you aren't doing anything illegal, you have nothing to worry about, it's not infringing on your freedom!" That is one of the most overused and abused arguments of all time, and another instance where the left has proven over and over that they cannot be trusted, they will say whatever they want to gain consent and then abuse it mercilessly.

Basically, the problem is that liberals have destroyed their own credibility so thoroughly that no one wants to listen to them. No one trusts you, no one believes you - and so no one takes you seriously, thinks your word counts for anything, or gives you the benefit of the doubt. Everyone else has run out of patience with it, so they will not engage you in thoughtful conversation about it anymore. You can be offended by it and complain that it is others who are being petty by dismissing you, but they are well past the point of being bothered by that. It is just too bad.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Talk about jumping to conclusions.

But no, we cannot have a conversation about gun control. Why? Because the left has demonstrated over and over again what that will be, and it is a one-way street of removing more freedoms and imposing more control. Why would anyone enter that voluntarily?

You can spare me the old shtick "If you aren't doing anything illegal, you have nothing to worry about, it's not infringing on your freedom!" That is one of the most overused and abused arguments of all time, and another instance where the left has proven over and over that they cannot be trusted, they will say whatever they want to gain consent and then abuse it mercilessly.

Basically, the problem is that liberals have destroyed their own credibility so thoroughly that no one wants to listen to them. No one trusts you, no one believes you - and so no one takes you seriously, thinks your word counts for anything, or gives you the benefit of the doubt. Everyone else has run out of patience with it, so they will not engage you in thoughtful conversation about it anymore. You can be offended by it and complain that it is others who are being petty by dismissing you, but they are well past the point of being bothered by that. It is just too bad.
    Weird. I was just saying that we might want to find ways to help law enforcement agencies from the local through the federal enforce existing gun laws. Then look into strengthening sentencing guidelines for offenses committed with a firearm. Might help cops not feel that everyone they see is going to pull out a gun and start blasting. Wasn't aware that law enforcement was part of a corrosive liberal agenda.

Weird. I was just saying that we might want to find ways to help law enforcement agencies from the local through the federal enforce existing gun laws. Then look into strengthening sentencing guidelines for offenses committed with a firearm. Might help cops not feel that everyone they see is going to pull out a gun and start blasting. Wasn't aware that law enforcement was part of a corrosive liberal agenda.
    Ok, let's assume that's what you meant. Guess what is going to happen when you do that?

Option A is that criminals are unaffected by it and keep doing the same thing as always, because as usual it is just a lot of lip service that liberals do to make themselves feel good, and the implementation is thought out poorly, if at all. It is just wishful thinking. Meanwhile, mission creep happens, as it always does, and makes things more difficult for regular people who are not up to anything bad.

Option B is that they implement these policies and do try to enforce them, and then quickly discover that proactively trying to confiscate firearms, especially from the criminally inclined, is not the safest thing in the world. Violent confrontations ensue, and the left screams outrage when some of them inevitably result in shootings. And so they yell and scream and burn things down some more, and make even more demands for things that won't work because it is unfair and reform is needed, oblivious to the fact that it was their own idea.

Option C is that they try your idea and somehow avoid that happening, and now more criminals end up in prison for firearm offenses. So the left bitches about how many people are in prison, and that it disproportionately affects minorities and low-income neighborhoods, and that it is unfair and reform is needed, oblivious to the fact that it was their own idea.

Option D is thst the people actually making and enforcing the laws realize that the left is never going to be happy no matter what, so it is better to just ignore them and let them be miserable by themselves. So they pretend to listen, but just keep doing what mostly works even if it is not perfect, because it is obvious that trying to make it perfect with well-meaning but deeply flawed ideas has fucked things up every time it has been tried. So you let the left be angry because that is what they are going to do anyway, and you try to make sure that they have no influence over your life.

Option D sure sounds like the way to go. Does that mean I am ok with the current situation as-is? Damn right I am, if the alternative is another liberal stupid plan.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Option D is thst the people actually making and enforcing the laws realize that the left is never going to be happy no matter what, so it is better to just ignore them and let them be miserable by themselves.
    Except that nobody does a better job at being miserable than you.

- - - Updated - - -

They're gone. Contributing to a better society doesn't even register on someone like steelreserve's radar.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    They're gone. Contributing to a better society doesn't even register on someone like steelreserve's radar.
    No idea on that front. But what people appear to be unwilling to think through is how A connects to B connects to C connects to D connects to whatever the problem is your actually attempting to solve.

Want to get a handle on police brutality or stop the social unrest and civil violence that derives from it? Then you have to get a handle on economics, drugs, guns, education, employment, etc. Can you do that all at once? No, of course not. But it would be better if we realized that everything is connected and you can't just pull out one isolated component and work on only that.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Except that nobody does a better job at being miserable than you.
    Oh noooo, the troll told me off again, that suuuuuuuucks.

I think you are confused about what "miserable" means, because it is not the same thing as "tired of dumbfucks like you."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

No idea on that front.
    Well, that's what it's all about. Society, what's that? Isn't this about ME? Why do you think they elected Trump? The original all about me. "Soldiers are losers and suckers."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh noooo, the troll told me off again, that suuuuuuuucks.

I think you are confused about what "miserable" means, because it is not the same thing as "tired of dumbfucks like you."
    Yeah sure.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sure.
    Good come back!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Reading TDS444 makes me want to read past comments from TeeTee and Crash for comments with more thought and intelligence

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Reading TDS444 makes me want to read past comments from TeeTee and Crash for comments with more thought and intelligence
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Look at all geniuses.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tom Brady is 8-2 against the Steelers in the regular season for his career and 3-0 against them in the postseason. All three playoff matchups were in the AFC Championship Game, and the Patriots won them by 40 combined points.
    And now it's Superman!

I wonder if the Democrats actually have any plan or a platform, or any ideas except that they hate Trump? It's less than two months before the election, and I have not heard them make a single argument in favor of Biden, other than his VP candidate's race. It is not clear why they want power, other than to have power. No policies, no proposals, just a few vague platitudes about equality, and hate hate hate. Vote Democrat or we'll lock you in your house, or maybe we'll burn down your house. A great pitch they're making to anyone who is not full-on brainwashed, or whose intellect is above the level of animal pictures.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I wonder if the Democrats actually have any plan or a platform, or any ideas except that they hate Trump? It's less than two months before the election, and I have not heard them make a single argument in favor of Biden, other than his VP candidate's race. It is not clear why they want power, other than to have power. No policies, no proposals, just a few vague platitudes about equality, and hate hate hate. Vote Democrat or we'll lock you in your house, or maybe we'll burn down your house. A great pitch they're making to anyone who is not full-on brainwashed, or whose intellect is above the level of animal pictures.
    Its not just that, Democrats have done nothing in Congress except try and fabricate a legal case to throw trump out, well, other than try and concoct sexual assault allegations against one of trump's supreme court appointees

Republican platform:

He wears the armor of God.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

He wears the armor of God.
    We all do... if we accept Him.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    We all do... if we accept Him.

Pretty much what I expected from you...lol.

How to argue like TDS444

1. Post animal pictures that say nothing and do nothing to advance your argument but don't require any thought behind them so use them

2. Insult anyone who disagrees with you, because that is always the sign of an intelligent being

3. If all else fails, just do some Cheatriots ball-washing even if the Cheats have nothing to do with the topic because that's what Cheatriots fans do right?

Oh, put together a logical coherent argument? Nah, that's too hard.

It's a touchdown!! Oh wait, the ball didn't survive the ground!!! Patriots win.