Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Reminder Landry Jones Was (In A Way) A Good Choice

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: A Reminder Landry Jones Was (In A Way) A Good Choice

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Yeah, if you think we spent too much on Dobbs, that's one thing I can totally get behind. Jones needed to go, though.
    I'm saying they could have handled another year of Jones as backup and not drafted Dobbs in 2017. Then as it turned out, they got Rudolph in the '18 draft and could have instead had a real position player in either Kittle at TE or King at Safety instead of Dobbs in the 4th round. Both Safety and TE positions were needed in the '17 draft.

Its not like the backup QB played much in the past 2 seasons in Pittsburgh and its not like Dobbs was worth having take snaps in the Raiders game anyways.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'm saying they could have handled another year of Jones as backup and not drafted Dobbs in 2017. Then as it turned out, they got Rudolph in the '18 draft and could have instead had a real position player in either Kittle at TE or King at Safety instead of Dobbs in the 4th round. Both Safety and TE positions were needed in the '17 draft.

Its not like the backup QB played much in the past 2 seasons in Pittsburgh and its not like Dobbs was worth having take snaps in the Raiders game anyways.
    I mean, yes, in hindsight, Dobbs was no better than Jones, and if we knew how that pick was going to turn out, I wouldn't have done it, there was no point.

It still would've been good to try and do better than Jones, although maybe not with a draft pick that could land you a contributing player elsewhere. That's where Player X comes in. Like I said, if you know you can't do much worse than the player you've got, you might as well just "re-roll" and see if it turns out better. We could do that without a draft pick if need be. But for some reason we thought Dobbs was that guy. I won't pretend to understand it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If Cowher had drafted Tom Brady instead of Tee Martin, the Steelers would have 17 more Lombardi’s!!!

—Captain Hindsight

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If Cowher had drafted Tom Brady instead of Tee Martin, the Steelers would have 17 more Lombardi’s!!!

—Captain Hindsight
    Probably not. He’s not athletic enough for Cowher and he wouldn’t be in the right system...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

—Captain Hindsight
    Not really, though. Tom Brady would've been out of the NFL in 2 years with a broken neck if he'd started with the Steelers. AFCN QBs need to be able to take a hit.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

—Captain Hindsight
    Cowher was cheating too?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Cowher was cheating too?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

With KS ?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    With KS ?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Landry Jones: Cut loose by Oakland

by RotoWire Staff May 22, 2019

Jones was released by the Raiders on Wednesday, Matt Schneidman of The San Jose Mercury News reports.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...se-by-oakland/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Jones was released by the Raiders on Wednesday, Matt Schneidman of The San Jose Mercury News reports.

Yep, Landry was so good he got quickly cut by a team carrying Nathan Peterman as one of it's QBs. Interesting how the other 31 teams don't want to sign him and if they do, don't want to keep him for more than a week

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't think that 64 QB are better that Landry Jones...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

I wonder if the Raiders new #1 WR was holding out until they made this move?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Yes, in a way.