Thread: Tim Benz: Understanding what ‘Benny Snell Football’ should be for Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tim Benz: Understanding what ‘Benny Snell Football’ should be for Steelers

In a three-minute interview posted on Steelers.com, Steelers rookie running back Benny Snell refers to himself in the third person three times.

OK. Just so long as Benny Snell realizes that Benny Snell is still third string.

For now.

“Benny Snell football could be second (down) and 3 (yards to go),” Snell explained this weekend at rookie minicamp.

“Third and 3. It could be fourth and 2. It could be third and goal. Fourth and goal. Or it could be four-minute offense. You just have to run the clock out to win the game. It’s just feeding him. Let him run it up. He’s going to get up. He’s going to dance a little bit. He’s going to do it again. Everybody in the stadium, both teams, know what’s happening.”

That less-than-bashful explanation of what “Benny Snell Football” is — based on a question about his fourth-quarter stomp-out performance of Penn State in the Citrus Bowl in January — continued to feed what has become a developing narrative about what the Kentucky product should be for the Steelers this year: a circa 2005 Jerome Bettis closer of a running back.

I don’t buy it. At least not in 2019. For many reasons.

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...-for-steelers/

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Tim Benz: Understanding what ‘Benny Snell Football’ should be for Steelers

It sounds like he is full of himself.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Benny refers to himself as Benny?

“George is getting mad!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Benz opinion below doesnt make much sense to me.

To me, “Benny Snell Football” should be about replicating James Conner when Conner isn’t available. Not replacing Conner late in games.

Replacing Conner when Conner isn't available, seems to be advocating that the Steelers just feed Conner and not spell him with some reps of another back. Why run a guy until he is on the injury report, rather than run 2 or 3 guys and all of them being healthy? I'm interested in seeing how Snell is in pass protection. Read some reports that he will shine there. Could be a 3rd and short guy that can go play action to stay in and protect, or catch a screen.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Ugh, Daniel cannot stand people who refer to themselves in 3rd person. Daniel is annoyed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Leon can't do everything.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Terry is so sick and tired of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Did Benz actually say anything? I’m still trying to figure that out.
    Last edited by Hawkman; 05-14-2019 at 06:05 PM.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Judging by his 40 time, he plays at a Snell's pace

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Judging by his 40 time, he plays at a Snell's pace
    He's Benn that way for a long time..
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I Snell a rat...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    If I had a tumor... I’d name it Benny.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If I had a tumor... I’d name it Benny.
    It's not a TUMOR !
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    It's not a TUMOR !
    TUMMAH!*
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES

HTG ¤-