Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's only 3 National fan bases in the NFL: Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

There's only 3 National fan bases in the NFL: Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: There's only 3 National fan bases in the NFL: Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.

I see a lot of new Patriots****** fans everywhere nowadays. Then again, where I live there's just a bunch of bandwagon jagoffs and hardly any real fans. They'll ditch those jerseys as soon as Brady retires

It's safe to say that ANYONE who roots for NE that isn't from boston is a wagon jumper. Hell, they couldn't even sell out their own stadium in the early 90s so maybe that even goes for the fans from boston too.

Re: There's only 3 National fan bases in the NFL: Steelers, Cowboys and Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I see a lot of new Patriots****** fans everywhere nowadays. Then again, where I live there's just a bunch of bandwagon jagoffs and hardly any real fans. They'll ditch those jerseys as soon as Brady retires
    Cowherd is right when he says that when Brady and Belichick are going to retire, no one will be interested in watching the Patriots on T.V!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's safe to say that ANYONE who roots for NE that isn't from boston is a wagon jumper. Hell, they couldn't even sell out their own stadium in the early 90s so maybe that even goes for the fans from boston too.
    Attendance was so poor in the early 90s they were at risk of moving to st. Louis, and they likely would have had they not gotten bill parcels

Cowherd also compared the Patriots to the San Antonio Spurs, that nobody talks about the Spurs since Tim Duncan's retirement ..... I've always compared the Patriots to the Chicago Bulls ..... The bulls were great in the 1990's because of one player but outside of this era, nobody wants to see the bulls on TV before or after the Jordan era!

This will be the same thing about the Patriots.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I live in a military town so I see all teams' decals/flags on cars. Before 2001, I never saw Patriots' shit until then. Never.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The difference between the teams that Cowherd has named and the cheats is that those teams came by their success's without having a commissioner who would go out of his way to help said team.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Cowherd is right when he says that when Brady and Belichick are going to retire, no one will be interested in watching the Patriots on T.V!
    Oh? I for one will have fun watching them lose!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The difference between the teams that Cowherd has named and the cheats is that those teams came by their success's without having a commissioner who would go out of his way to help said team.
    I hate the Cowboys and the Ravens, but I respect them both.

I have no respect for the Taperiots nor the Bengals.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Here is the desert of Arizona I can bear witness that there are Steelers, Cowboys and Packers fans all around.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Economic diaspora. Both Western PA and Wisconsin had large #s leave the area for jobs. They took their fandom with them. Don’t know about Dallas.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Economic diaspora. Both Western PA and Wisconsin had large #s leave the area for jobs. They took their fandom with them. Don’t know about Dallas.
    I am not from or have any ties to PA, but have been a fan since the 70s. I have talked to many packer and cowboy fans who are not from those areas. I don't get why people equate that you have to be from "Said" area to be a fan of the team (not trying to single you out mojouw)? The press does it all the time.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I am not from or have any ties to PA, but have been a fan since the 70s. I have talked to many packer and cowboy fans who are not from those areas. I don't get why people equate that you have to be from "Said" area to be a fan of the team (not trying to single you out mojouw)? The press does it all the time.
    Good point. No reason you have to be from a place to like a team. Just speculating that movement of people for jobs is one way to spread out a tea's fanbase...success is another!

chezman53

The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team. Remember the Steelers sucked in the 50s and 60s when the Browns owned them. One draft in the early 70s made this your decade. You weren't really good again until Roethlisberger was drafted. When he retires your screwed. Browns will dominate the next 10 yrs with Mayfield. Also you should have won more playoff games if you had a better coach.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chezman53 View Post
    The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team. Remember the Steelers sucked in the 50s and 60s when the Browns owned them. One draft in the early 70s made this your decade. You weren't really good again until Roethlisberger was drafted. When he retires your screwed. Browns will dominate the next 10 yrs with Mayfield. Also you should have won more playoff games if you had a better coach.
    First post and sentence like this.... we know where this is going.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

One of those kinds......

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I'll keep this short and sweet.
    1. "The Drive"
    2. "The Fumble"

Nice try troll

The 1980s and 1990s of the steelers were bad like the Browns in the 2000s and 2010s....Of course!

If you become good,it's going to be because you needed to be historically bad in 2016 and 2017 to get out of the mediocrity to get the first pick in each draft.

1-31, seriously!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Go back to your miserable life as a Browns fan. But you go ahead you foolish little troll.....dream a little bit.

I guess you can always fall back to the glory years in the 50's and 60's...…………..Bask in the glory of that....asshole.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Psst....the real Browns are now in Baltimore. You root for the expansion Browns, who haven't won shit, except for a nice case of staphylococcus.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Psst....the real Browns are now in Baltimore. You root for the expansion Browns, who haven't won shit, except for a nice case of staphylococcus.

we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The browns have more backers in more cities than any other team.

Kids, this is why it's important to stay in school and avoid drugs.

As for the rest of your comment: The Browns are loaded with talent. The Browns have always been loaded with talent.
    The only thing they lack is the ability to win football games.

You might want to wait until they've actually turned the corner before saying dumb things.

I know some Browns fans and I like and respect them. No matter what other faults they may have, I can't call them fair-weather or bandwagon. OTOH... I have very little respect for anyone who jumps on another team's forum just to talk smack, *especially* when they say dumb ish.

We have members of other fan bases here who are valued members of our community. Raiders fans, Ravens fans, probably a few others that have slipped my mind at the moment. If you wish to become one of these people, I recommend you stop typing until you think of something intelligent to say. Otherwise, expect to evaporate like a hot fart.

Best,
    -Slashy
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 05-18-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Fudgebackers?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I guess you can always fall back to the glory years in the 50's and 60's.
    He can't even do that. *That* team is the Baltimore Ravens. The current "Browns" are a sad expansion team who haven't done anything noteworthy other than being the factory of sadness.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    He can't even do that. *That* team is the Baltimore Ravens. The current "Browns" are a sad expansion team who haven't done anything noteworthy other than being the factory of sadness.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Fudgebackers?
    I have found the identity of our new Browns troll.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

chezman53

the real browns that moved to Baltimore are all retired. By the way which team had arguably the best football player of all time? Also one of the best oaches of all time?, Otto Graham played in 10 straight championship games. Buddy Dial, Frenchy Fuqua. Turnover Tommy, I remember those storied teams.

the real browns that moved to Baltimore are all retired. By the way which team had arguably the best football player of all time? Also one of the best oaches of all time?, Otto Graham played in 10 straight championship games. Buddy Dial, Frenchy Fuqua. Turnover Tommy, I remember those storied teams.
    The quantity is also very important ... otherwise the Chicago Bulls would be the best franchise in NBA history.

chezman53

took my son to a Sunday night game in Pittsburgh when we beat you. We went to a bar before the game and my son wearing Browns gear was not allowed to go to the bathroom. Nice fan base,