Thread: Devin Bush quickly gets to leading Steelers defense

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Devin Bush quickly gets to leading Steelers defense

After months of evaluation, whether with film study, pro-day workouts or dinner meetings, there is little more the Steelers can discover about Devin Bush, their No. 1 draft choice.

But, on his first day of donning a yellow practice jersey with the No. 55, Bush had something he wanted to show the Steelers.

“Why I belong here, why I belong in NFL, that I’m going to play here for a long time,” Bush said.

Friday was the first day toward what the Steelers hope will be the development of the missing piece in their defense. It was the beginning of their three-day rookie minicamp on the South Side, and while a 90-minute session in shorts in hardly a predictor of what will happen, Bush certainly showed why he was considered a leader and the person entrusted with setting the defense at Michigan.

If all goes according to plan, Bush will soon assume a similar role with the Steelers, calling out the defensive signals and setting the front seven. That duty was already on display on the first day on the practice field.

read more

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201905100114

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Devin Bush quickly gets to leading Steelers defense

I would expect Bush and VW to be our ILBers on early run downs, and then Bush and Barron in nickel passing situations.