Thread: Patriots add depth to offensive line with deal for Jared Veldheer

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Patriots add depth to offensive line with deal for Jared Veldheer

"Patriots add depth to offensive line with deal for Jared Veldheer By Ben Volin Globe Staff,May 7, 2019, 2:03 p.m.

Offensive tackle Jared Veldheer played for the Broncos last season.(JEFF HAYNES/AP IMAGES FOR PANINI)

The Patriots are signing an important insurance piece for their offensive line, agreeing to a one-year, $6.5 million maximum deal with veteran offensive lineman Jared Veldheer, a league source confirmed to the Globe.

The deal has a base value of $3.5 million ($1.25 million fully guaranteed), and Veldheer can earn $3 million in playing-time incentives.

Veldheer,
    Height: 6′ 8″ Weight: 322 lbs, 31, is a nine-year veteran with stints in Oakland, Arizona, and Denver, and provides key depth at both tackle spots after left tackle Trent Brown departed in free agency. Veldheer will likely push Isaiah Wynn, last year’s first-round pick, for the starting left tackle job, or would be the first backup for Wynn and right tackle Marcus Cannon.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...mtK/story.html

"

Re: Patriots add depth to offensive line with deal for Jared Veldheer

"Ben Watson has something left, but time to stop thinking of Patriots tight ends through Rob Gronkowski prism

By Nick Underhill

The tight end the Patriots drafted six years before Rob Gronkowski is coming back to replace his successor.

Let’s just say it and get it out of the way: Ben Watson is old. He is 38 and just recently decided not to retire after previously saying he was going to walk away from the game. He isn’t Gronkowski, or even the version of himself that he was before he tore his Achilles prior to the 2016 season. But Watson can still play. He still has good hands and can block, which would make him valuable — at least to some degree — in any offense. After agreeing to a one-year deal on Thursday, he should play a part in filling some of the void Gronkowski has left behind.

But maybe that last sentence is the problem. We probably shouldn’t be having any discussions about Watson, Austin Seferian-Jenkins or Matt LaCosse through the prism of “Gronkowski’s void.”

https://theathletic.com/970851/2019/...nkowski-prism/

"Patriots sign WR Dontrelle Inman, per report

Kevin DuffyMay 10, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Two weeks after selecting N’Keal Harry in the first round of the draft, the Patriots continue to explore their options at wide receiver.

Their latest addition is free agent Dontrelle Inman, who came on strong at the end of last season with the Colts.

Inman agreed to a one-year deal with the Pats, according to multiple reports.

ESPN’s Mike Reiss first reported the story.

Inman is an intriguing addition. He was signed by Indianapolis midway through the 2018 season and emerged as a go-to option for Andrew Luck down the stretch, catching 17 passes on 19 targets for 231 yards and three touchdowns in the final four games (including playoffs).

In the postseason, Inman served as the No. 2 receiver alongside T.Y. Hilton.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Inman enjoyed a career season with the Chargers in 2016, hauling in 58 passes for 810 yards. He lacks game-breaking speed and athleticism, but is a polished route-runner with ideal size."

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/05...an-per-report/

Patriots' plane gets a new paint job:

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

On the other side there’s a picture of Kraft getting a handjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Are posting these same articles somewhere on a Patriots fan forum........because no one here cares.

#1. We asked repeatedly not to post articles within other articles. That gets the thread shut down.

#2. Trolling a Steelers fan forum can be fun. But it can also get threads shut down.

#3 Excessively trolling a Steelers fan forum to the point of annoyance can make mods and admins to things impulsively. That results threads being shut down and more permanent solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Are posting these same articles somewhere on a Patriots fan forum........because no one here cares.

#1. We asked repeatedly not to post articles within other articles. That gets the thread shut down.

#2. Trolling a Steelers fan forum can be fun. But it can also get threads shut down.

#3 Excessively trolling a Steelers fan forum to the point of annoyance can make mods and admins to things impulsively. That results threads being shut down and more permanent solutions.

Everything posted in this thread is NFL news as much as anything posted in any other thread in this sub-forum. Now if you think that posting news about the Patriots organization should prompt threads being shut down, have at it. It's ridiculous, but being ridiculous is your right as a mod I guess.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Depends on your intent. By all means, keep wasting your time making deliberate attempts to make anyone care about your team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

>>Discuss all non-Steelers related NFL stuff here!<<

Yep. Enjoy talking to yourself about the Patriots*.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

>>Discuss all non-Steelers related NFL stuff here!<<

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Roundup: Recently signed Pats OL Veldheer retires

By Grant Gordon NFL.com
    Published: May 21, 2019

After nine seasons in the NFL and about a week with the New England Patriots, offensive lineman Jared Veldheer is calling it a career.

The 31-year-old Veldheer, who primarily played tackle, is retiring, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported on Tuesday.

ESPN first reported the news.

Veldheer's retirement comes as a surprise considering the Patriots announced his signing on May 13.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ldheer-retires

>>NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots' Ben Watson Confirms Positive Drug Test, Suspension in Facebook Post

PAUL KASABIANMAY 26, 2019

Chris Graythen/Getty Images
    New England Patriots tight end Ben Watson confirmed in a Facebook postthat he tested positive for testosterone and has been suspended by the NFL for four games.
    Watson, who took the banned substance during his brief NFL retirement this offseason, explained the context behind his use.
    "After my contract expired last March I told my doctors I was finished playing, went through a series of medical tests and was prescribed Bio Identical Testosterone Cypionate to assist in healing my body and mind.
    "On March 29, nine days after I started therapy, I was randomly tested under our substance policies. I complied out of habit, never thinking in that moment I'd want to come back. In late April, some clubs expressed interest in me playing and after much deliberation and prayer, I decided I wanted to return. Considering myself previously retired, I had forgotten all about my test in March until I got a letter on May 3rd saying my results were positive. I was devastated and for obvious reasons did not want to proceed. At that point I knew that my decision to return to play would include a four game suspension and I immediately discussed this new development with the clubs.

"Ultimately I decided to pursue another year and on May 9 the Patriots offered me a contract in spite of these circumstances."
    Watson, 38, caught 35 passes for 400 yards and two touchdowns for the New Orleans Saints last season. He is entering his 16th NFL campaign.

This article will be updated to provide more information soon.
    Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app. Get the app and get the game.<<

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838126-patriots-ben-watson-confirms-positive-drug-test-suspension-in-facebook-post

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It explains Watson's huge "bounce back" seasons and cheating father time.

Most guys that have been slowing down for several seasons don't just get a ton better and more productive for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It explains Watson's huge "bounce back" seasons and cheating father time.

Most guys that have been slowing down for several seasons don't just get a ton better and more productive for no reason.
    You even have to wonder about this now: