Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell sticking with 'formula' over voluntary practice

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Le'Veon Bell sticking with 'formula' over voluntary practice

When it comes to voluntary workouts, New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell said on Monday that he knows what "works for me to be the best player I can be."

Bell took to social media to respond to a question about when he's going to attend practice after skipping some voluntary workouts: "When it's time to play football...l got to stick to the formula that I know works for me to be the best player I can be...l'm not just tryna win football games, I want a ring! I want to desperately show everybody what I can what I can REALLY do...I'll take the heat right now, everybody will forget about that once January comes around."

Bell attended the first week of voluntary workouts, which began April 8, but hasn't attended since. Last month, coach Adam Gase appeared unconcerned about Bell's absence at the start of the team's voluntary three-day minicamp.

"It's voluntary," Gase said. "[Bell] was here that first week [of offseason workouts], and we got a lot of good information that week to him."

read more

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ntary-practice

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell sticking with 'formula' over voluntary practice

Getting off that Dunkin' Donuts diet he has been on since early 2018 and losing weight to get back into football shape must be harder than Bell thought it would be

We all know the real reason Bell isn’t on the field yet. He never screwed around and missed camps and practices prior to lashing out against the franchise tag the last few seasons in Pittsburgh.

Contrary to what Bell is saying, staying away from practice isn’t about some “formula.” He’s trying to work off the jet ski weight. Period. Too much time in the strip clubs while protesting the Steelers’ tag last year. Not enough time working out.

I guess a few pick-up basketball games at LA Fitness didn’t burn off the spare tire.

Bell just is not in practice shape yet. And he doesn’t want people to notice. It’s as simple as that.

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz...son-practices/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Yes, but wait till January.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yes, but wait till January.
    Seriously, it's ridiculous to say that, especially for a player who played in January only 2 times in his career!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Another non-story that the media wants to make a story...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

First 4 games, 25 carries for 38 yd average.

Then piss test failed by week 6.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!!
    Last edited by tube517; 05-07-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Translation: I only want to do the minimum amount of work required to get paid.

Yes, unfortunately we all work with these types of people every day. I'm glad this guy isn't a Steeler anymore. Give me a guy like Conner who gives 110% in practice

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Contrary to what Bell is saying, staying away from practice isn’t about some “formula.” He’s trying to work off the jet ski weight. Period. Too much time in the strip clubs while protesting the Steelers’ tag last year. Not enough time working out.
    Not to mention giving the THC a chance to metabolize...

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Well that will pay off when they are in the playoffs in 10 years.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Le'Veon doesn't volunteer for anyone!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think a guy who sat out all of 2018 and gained weight should skip voluntary practice. Not like game shape matters or anything

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

It's the BSing season. All the asses are running their mouths off.

Odell Beckham Jr. has big plans for the Cleveland Browns.GQ chronicled Beckham's daring fashion choice for Monday's Met Gala -- a tuxedo jacket with cutoff sleeves and a kilt to fit the event's camp theme -- and the star wide receiver shared his bold vision for his new team with the magazine.
    "I plan on being there for the next five years and trying to bring as many championships there as possible, turning [the Browns] into the new Patriots," he told GQ.

Odell Beckham Jr.'s fashion wasn't the only statement the new Browns receiver made at the Met Gala on Monday night in New York. Neilson Barnard/Getty ImagesBeckham is also bullish on his new quarterback, Baker Mayfield, predicting he will one day be fitted for a gold jacket in Canton, Ohio.
    "I would say he's next, but I feel like he's now," Beckham told GQ. "He's Brett Favre. He's going to be a Hall of Famer."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...s-new-patriots

Le'Veon Bell is already sending the Jets a familiar, troubling message

Here we go again with Le'Veon Bell generating controversy.

Just a few months after signing his $13.125 million-per-year deal with the Jets, Bell already has called into question his level of commitment by skipping several weeks of the offseason program, including a minicamp. Granted, Bell has not missed New York's mandatory minicamp, set for June 4-6, or the Jets' OTA sessions that begin in two weeks. And he surely will be at training camp to avoid major fines.

But for a player who sat out the entire 2018 season during his contract dispute with the Steelers, his offseason program absence sends a bad message to his new coaches and teammates. Bell should be sweating through strength and conditioning activities with the guys, working hard to learn new Jets coach Adam Gase's offense and beginning to get in sync with quarterback Sam Darnold and New York's offensive line.

This is not a good start to Bell's Jets career despite his claims to the contrary this week on social media.

read more

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...e15pz0iziyfsll

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

How long until the Jets dump him off to the Raiders?
    All Defense!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

[QUOTE=ALLD;691516]How long until the Jets dump him off to the Raiders?[/QUOTE

Not long enough.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    How long until the Jets dump him off to the Raiders?
    He gets cut and ends up being a Patriot****** lol, that's his best plan for winning a super bowl. Cause it ain't happening in 100 years with the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    He gets cut and ends up being a Patriot****** lol, that's his best plan for winning a super bowl. Cause it ain't happening in 100 years with the Jets
    A easy ring like Kevin Durant!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Well all know that Bell won't show up unless he has to because, that's who he is.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Me'Veon BUST won't be as good on the Jets. The Steelers OL, combined with Ben and the WR's made it much easier for him to shine. Just wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Me'Veon BUST won't be as good on the Jets. The Steelers OL, combined with Ben and the WR's made it much easier for him to shine. Just wait...
    Bust? Really? One of the best rushers in the NFL for several years and you call him a bust? I know the hate for Bell runs deep around here, but come on, let's keep hold of some semblance of reality. He was anything but a bust.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Bust? Really? One of the best rushers in the NFL for several years and you call him a bust? I know the hate for Bell runs deep around here, but come on, let's keep hold of some semblance of reality. He was anything but a bust.
    Totally agree. I do, however, believe that the Steelers got the best of Bell. I’d expect a 3.5-4.0 YPC from here on.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Totally agree. I do, however, believe that the Steelers got the best of Bell. I’d expect a 3.5-4.0 YPC from here on.
    Agreed - Steelers were fortunate Bell blew off their offer to sign

Bell was a great back and probably will be a good one going forward for several years, but the Steelers would have overpaid if he stayed at the price they proposed

But Bell could be a bust for the Jets!

We will see.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    But Bell could be a bust for the Jets!

We will see.
    The whole Jets team is a bust!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The whole Jets team is a bust!!
    B-U-S-T!! BUST BUST BUST!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Report: Jets HC Adam Gase, Now Also Interim GM, Didn’t Want To Sign Le’Veon Bell

By Matthew Marczi
    Posted on May 15, 2019

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/re...n-leveon-bell/

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    He wasn't a bust for us, he's just a bust for the Jets. Out of shape, stale, not interested in getting up to speed, bad attitude, selfish, smokes too much weed, and divisive. And it's not like they got him for a bargain, either. They paid top dollar for a malignant tumor, and they're already looking for a way out.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It looks like Bell is getting a little taste of reality....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It looks like Bell is getting a little taste of reality....

reality is for those who can't handle their drugs, and Leave'on can handle his weed...