Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky #122 overall

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky #122 overall

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky #122 overall

great pick, I love this guy!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I do not know the player, but I agree with a RB .... If Conner or Samuel gets hurt, the steelers would have had only one NFL caliber RB in their roster and we know that Tomlin rarely plays his backups RB, so it would have been worse if we only have a RB that is NFL caliber if he had an injury.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So they drafted a three yards and a cloud of dust RB with little explosive traits in the era of warp speed pass wacky football?

Honestly I don’t know anything about the guy.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Snell is a lot like James Conner, I thought we were going to draft a shiftier, change of pace type of back.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

After justice hill... he's probably their next best rated guy at rb.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Or they drafted a well balanced RB who descent get taken down with first contact and has production.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I was just about to ask if he was related to Matt Snell.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Snell would have been the MVP super bowl if Namath would not have guarantee the win.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Snell is a lot like James Conner, I thought we were going to draft a shiftier, change of pace type of back.
    Agreed. Not a fan of the pick as he’s a 3rd string guy behind pro bowl Conner and Samuels who light up New England.

Snell is too slow to feature. We could have picked a safety, or tight end,

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So they drafted a three yards and a cloud of dust RB with little explosive traits in the era of warp speed pass wacky football?

Honestly I don’t know anything about the guy.
    i might be wrong and definitely will go against the masses here, but it looks to me like we drafted a 3rd string rb(who wont see the filed) a 4th string wr(who will probably only see the field a a returner) a 4th cb(who wont play this year) and a 1s t rounder who will have to compete against FA(good money) for playing time.

for a team that didnt make the playoffs and supposedly went all in for bush to make a final super bowl run with ben, drafted for a couple years down the road with the rest of our picks

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    i might be wrong and definitely will go against the masses here, but it looks to me like we drafted a 3rd string rb(who wont see the filed) a 4th string wr(who will probably only see the field a a returner) a 4th cb(who wont play this year) and a 1s t rounder who will have to compete against FA(good money) for playing time.

for a team that didnt make the playoffs and supposedly went all in for bush to make a final super bowl run with ben, drafted for a couple years down the road with the rest of our picks
    I do not understand why the steelers did not fire Colbert and hire you as GM.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Agreed. Not a fan of the pick as he’s a 3rd string guy behind pro bowl Conner and Samuels who light up New England.

Snell is too slow to feature. We could have picked a safety, or tight end,
    So Conner is the starter. Snell is the downhill workhorse that will get some reps to spell Conner and hopefully let the 3 Pro Bowl O linemen(and 2 supporting cast) impose themselves in the run game. Then Samuels is that 2nd or 3rd down Run/Pass option back. I don't see the problem, other than I wanted them to draft Hollins from Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post

Your optimism is overwhelming.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not understand why the steelers did not fire Colbert and hire you as GM.
    POST OF THE DAY!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You all are winning me over. Also read that Snell is a proficient pass protector as well.

MojoUW has a bad problem of getting entranced by size/speed/SPARQ numbers and gets grumpy when guys lacking those get drafted. Forgetting that they have to actually play football not just test out well.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Short yardage back to replace Ridley (hopefully without the fumbles)?

Snell is a big back and powerful between-the-tackles runner with the core strength and balance to pick up yards after contact. He lowers his shoulder and delivers the blow to finish runs. He's not as effective running outside as inside. Snell is not a breakaway threat or an ankle breaker in space. His lack of ideal production in the passing game is a concern. He flashes good ball skills given the opportunity.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/teams/...burgh-steelers

Snell won't run away from linebackers and defensive backs at the NFL level, but he's so patient as a runner (sound like an ex-Steelers RB?), has plus contact balance, and deceptive springiness in his powerful frame.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Love the pick and watch him run all over Penn State in the Bowl game. Conner goes down at all the Steelers won't miss a beat now.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

From what I am reading, the kid has a huge heart. He gets by on will & drive. Not the fastest, but he will get that first down yardage.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    We already have that in Samuels.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You all are winning me over. Also read that Snell is a proficient pass protector as well.

MojoUW has a bad problem of getting entranced by size/speed/SPARQ numbers and gets grumpy when guys lacking those get drafted. Forgetting that they have to actually play football not just test out well.
    Lol @ mojouw in 3rd person....

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    From what I am reading, the kid has a huge heart. He gets by on will & drive. Not the fastest, but he will get that first down yardage.
    Penn State had a chance to comeback with 4 minutes to go in the bowl game. All they had to do is keep him from getting two first downs. They couldn't stop him when they knew he would be running it. He reminds me a little of Barry Foster and is a chain mover.