Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky #122 overall

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Steelers select Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky #122 overall

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Penn State had a chance to comeback with 4 minutes to go in the bowl game. All they had to do is keep him from getting two first downs. They couldn't stop him when they knew he would be running it. He reminds me a little of Barry Foster and is a chain mover.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not understand why the steelers did not fire Colbert and hire you as GM.
    agreed............

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They really thought a no. 3 rb who wont get 10 touches on the year was more important than real insurance for Vance McDonald, safety depth, and an edge rusher across from tj watt?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

LOL! Did any of you guys watch Benny Snell in college this past season? He may jump over Samuels to the RB2 spot.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    LOL! Did any of you guys watch Benny Snell in college this past season? He may jump over Samuels to the RB2 spot.
    exactly, he's really good!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

He also will challenge Conner for carries. Samuels will be the 3rd down back he is actually fit for and meant to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Very happy with the Benny Snell pick. He tore up Penn State in the Citrus Bowl and I think he was MVP of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Snell is in non-stop beast mode. Go watch some of his film. I don't know (or care) what his 40 time is, the kid is just a mauler at RB. Steeler fans are going to love this kid.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    NFL and its media partners (notably ESPN, which broadcasts a lot of bowl games) have been doing a solid for college teams by sending out the word sitting out the meaningless non-playoff bowl games to avoid injury is not viewed favorably.

ESPN draft expert Todd McShay predicted that [Deandre] Baker, a projected first-round pick, could fall because of decisions he’s made and how he has handled himself in pre-draft meetings with teams. Chief among those was a last-minute decision to skip the Sugar Bowl.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...-deandre-baker

Of course Baker was the only CB drafted in the first round so go figure

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    He also will challenge Conner for carries. Samuels will be the 3rd down back he is actually fit for and meant to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe if the Steelers actually used their backup RBS

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Maybe if the Steelers actually used their backup RBS
    Haha Tomlin will at least use him as his short yardage back. My honest opinion I think he is better then Conner.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I've seen him play a bunch. The kid plays HARD. Breaks a ton of tackles. Finishes every run.

He isn't a dynamic player, but I'm interested to see how he can develop with NFL coaching. He is a GREAT short-yardage runner. That is not a backhanded compliment. If you need a yard, Benny can get it for you.

I can't wait to see how he develops, what weight he plays at, if he can improve his quickness, how much more effective he can be in the passing game, etc.....
    Last edited by pczach; 04-28-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Steelers Football!!!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Never hurts to have a stocky guy who's hard to bring down.

I wouldn't have put RB high on the list of needs, but really once you get into the bottom half of the draft, 90% of it is who's available that you think is any good at all.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers: Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky B Grade

Benny Snell was once slotted in the second round of my mock drafts, but I dropped him because teams had speed concerns about him. However, Snell is a very tough runner who could have a nice NFL career. I think he's a bit redundant with James Conner, but he's a fine choice.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

There is an imagine of him on Twitter (I don’t know how to post tweets) holding up a Bell jersey and saying: “Ready to wear #26.”

That would be great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    There is an imagine of him on Twitter (I don’t know how to post tweets) holding up a Bell jersey and saying: “Ready to wear #26.”

That would be great!!!
    Here's the pic. This kid is cocky as hell.....time will tell if that's good or bad. Apparently, 26 is his college number, BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI..........the instructions for posting tweets is in the Help forum!

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...to-forum-posts

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Why are they comparing Snell to Bell? He’s been gone for two years now? It’s irrelevant. Why not compare to Bettis, Barry Foster, Leroy Thompson, Rich Erenberg, Franco Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Why are they comparing Snell to Bell? He’s been gone for two years now? It’s irrelevant. Why not compare to Bettis, Barry Foster, Leroy Thompson, Rich Erenberg, Franco Harris?
    Exactly. That is terrible. Bell is arguably a top 5 RB in the NFL. Benny Snell will likely be 2nd or 3rd string on the Steelers.

Maybe there is a comparison to Bam Morris or Frank Pollard, but not Bell.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Exactly. That is terrible. Bell is arguably a top 5 RB in the NFL. Benny Snell will likely be 2nd or 3rd string on the Steelers.

Maybe there is a comparison to Bam Morris or Frank Pollard, but not Bell.
    And Bell became an All Pro running back after he dropped his college weight (as opposed to Eddie Lacy who instead got fat)

Bell, who played at close to 250 pounds in college, showed up at Steelers' rookie minicamp a week after they drafted him and weighed in at 244 pounds.Bell dropped about 20 more pounds over the course of his rookie season and is currently at the weight that, to paraphrase Tomlin, obviously agrees with him.
    "He ended last year in the mid-220s. He reported back this year in the mid-220s," Tomlin said. "He has shown he is committed to maintaining a level of conditioning over the course of a 12-month calendar and he has taken off from there. I think his play is reflecting that."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...s-less-is-more

Yes, the comparison with Bell was stupid, but I would not be surprised if Snell has a bigger role than many think in his rookie season ...

He could be used in the short yard situation and in the red zone .... Tomlin must avoid that our starting RB is not overused once again.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this kid's 'suddenness and glide' yet. That's the former Steelers HB Snell reminds me of. Big, runs downhill, hard to tackle.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland