Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

I'm sticking with Greedy.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

the Steelers want Devin Bush, we just need to find a willing trading partner so we can move up and get him.

if not, whoever the BPA is on the Steelers board at one of our positions of need.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the Steelers want Devin Bush, we just need to find a willing trading partner so we can move up and get him.

if not, whoever the BPA is on the Steelers board at one of our positions of need.
    My point of this topic is take your best guess or think who they will draft Thursday. My bad and should have been more specific, So you are going with Bush ?
    Last edited by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue; 04-23-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

rock ya sin

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Brian Burns Edge FSU

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Matt Gay, K, Utah

Why? The last time that we won the Super Bowl, we had a “Gay meter”. Yep. It’s science.

munchy

Clelin Ferrell Clemson

Clelin Ferrell Clemson

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Darnell Savage, he's smart, a hitter and a ballhawk.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Byron Murphy
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Had to bet money I'd go with Devin Bush but I like Savage.

Can do multiple things on defense. SPARQ athlete, playmaker with 8 interceptions in the past two years.

Yes Colbert and Tomlin were not at his pro day, mostly due to the fact the NFL annual league meeting was during the pro day. They seen him at the senior bowl and combine plus they brought him in for a pre draft visit. Also having a guy named Savage was meant to play in Pittsburgh.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Darnell Savage, he's smart, a hitter and a ballhawk.

and a second rounder by most publications

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It is all about who falls to 1.20.

In order of the Steelers priority, I think they will work their board like this:

Pass Rusher
    ILB
    TE/WR
    CB
    Hybrid DB

And take the guy who is the highest ceiling and biggest drop-off from him to the next tier of prospects at the position.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Had to bet money I'd go with Devin Bush but I like Savage.

Can do multiple things on defense. SPARQ athlete, playmaker with 8 interceptions in the past two years.

Yes Colbert and Tomlin were not at his pro day, mostly due to the fact the NFL annual league meeting was during the pro day. They seen him at the senior bowl and combine plus they brought him in for a pre draft visit. Also having a guy named Savage was meant to play in Pittsburgh.
    Tomlin’s son committed to Maryland; ergo, Tomlin has been on Maryland’s campus quite a bit. I’d bet dollars to donuts that there were some “unofficial” conversations between Tomlin and the coaches.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Tomlin’s son committed to Maryland; ergo, Tomlin has been on Maryland’s campus quite a bit. I’d bet dollars to donuts that there were some “unofficial” conversations between Tomlin and the coaches.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'll stick with A.J Brown, they'll draft a WR high, possibly in round 1. However, rumors are buzzing more and more that it will be a DB, possibly one that isn't receiving 1st round grades even.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers 2019 draft odds

By JIM WEXELL

Sometimes you nail them, like in 2011 when I had scant 3-1 odds on the Steelers drafting Cam Heyward with the 31st pick of the draft.

But sometimes you fail them. I didn't have Bud Dupree or Terrell Edmunds on the tote board at all in the years they were drafted.

Most times, though, I've had the Steelers' first-round draft pick pegged at about 8-1 odds, so that may be the place to make your money. Over the past 10 drafts, I've had Ziggy Hood, David DeCastro, Artie Burns and T.J. Watt at 8-1 odds. Ryan Shazier was 9-1 and climbing at the time he was picked.

This year figures to be as difficult as last year's, when I should've had better awareness of Edmunds at pick 28. The buzz was in the air, but I chose to ignore it the same way I'm ignoring Jerry Tillery, Noah Fant and DeAndre Baker this year. Not that there's any Steelers buzz about those three, other than they would fit.

But this year, even with the Steelers picking at a more predictable 20th spot, the chances of them trading up or down has opened up the tote board to some 40 players. That was what I took away from the Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin press conference Monday.

Colbert discussed trading up to answer the many questions about the Steelers going and getting Devin Bush or Devin White. But Colbert repeatedly gave me the vibe that he wants to trade down.

The latter makes sense because of the many defensive playmakers being graded in the 25-50 range. I can actually see a trade down and then a trade back up for a team that can definitely use all 10 of its picks, if not more, to re-stock the depth chart (and special teams) of a franchise that's been drafting 24th on average the last 10 years.

So let's get to it.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...dds-131434872/

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'm thinking the best athlete left on the board ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Steelers 2019 draft odds

By JIM WEXELL

Sometimes you nail them, like in 2011 when I had scant 3-1 odds on the Steelers drafting Cam Heyward with the 31st pick of the draft.

But sometimes you fail them. I didn't have Bud Dupree or Terrell Edmunds on the tote board at all in the years they were drafted.

Most times, though, I've had the Steelers' first-round draft pick pegged at about 8-1 odds, so that may be the place to make your money. Over the past 10 drafts, I've had Ziggy Hood, David DeCastro, Artie Burns and T.J. Watt at 8-1 odds. Ryan Shazier was 9-1 and climbing at the time he was picked.

This year figures to be as difficult as last year's, when I should've had better awareness of Edmunds at pick 28. The buzz was in the air, but I chose to ignore it the same way I'm ignoring Jerry Tillery, Noah Fant and DeAndre Baker this year. Not that there's any Steelers buzz about those three, other than they would fit.

But this year, even with the Steelers picking at a more predictable 20th spot, the chances of them trading up or down has opened up the tote board to some 40 players. That was what I took away from the Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin press conference Monday.

Colbert discussed trading up to answer the many questions about the Steelers going and getting Devin Bush or Devin White. But Colbert repeatedly gave me the vibe that he wants to trade down.

The latter makes sense because of the many defensive playmakers being graded in the 25-50 range. I can actually see a trade down and then a trade back up for a team that can definitely use all 10 of its picks, if not more, to re-stock the depth chart (and special teams) of a franchise that's been drafting 24th on average the last 10 years.

So let's get to it.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...dds-131434872/

as a side note he has Byron Muphy size wrong , says he isnt even 5'11" making it sound like he is 5'10 ( he is over 5'11" ...5'11.4" basically 5'11 1/2 "( 6 tenths of an inch shy of 6 feet )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

They are going to trade the house and grab Devin White!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    They are going to trade the house and grab Devin White!
    I think Devin White is out of reach and will cost two houses, imo Devin Bush is who they are targeting.

Bush is the target but I feel confident that Savage could be the guy. All Colbert and Tomlin talk about is, playmakers and sub package football. He fits both descriptions.

Bush is the target but I feel confident that Savage could be the guy. All Colbert and Tomlin talk about is, playmakers and sub package football. He fits both descriptions.
    I agree, plus Savage has the type of position flexibility and versatility Tomlin loves. Savage would even be great covering Julian Edelman.

wouldn’t it be great if we could trade up for Devin Bush using one of our 3rd round picks this year and then trade up for Savage in the early second using next year’s 3rd round comp pick we’ll get for Leave’on Bell?

I agree, plus Savage has the type of position flexibility and versatility Tomlin loves. Savage would even be great covering Julian Edelman.

wouldn’t it be great if we could trade up for Devin Bush using one of our 3rd round picks this year and then trade up for Savage in the early second using next year’s 3rd round comp pick we’ll get for Leave’on Bell?
    That would be the "best-best" scenario

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Brian Burns, crazy how his combine numbers are comparable to Von Miller. David Te’ Thomas(scouts honor podcast) the draft expert said on his podcast that he could move inside and in his opinion be better than both Devins. Strange how one of the better OLB hasn’t been mentioned or brought in by the Steelers. Fingers crossed

Adam Schefter on ESPN just said the Steelers are trying to trade up in the top 10.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Adam Schefter on ESPN just said the Steelers are trying to trade up in the top 10.
    They are after TJ Hock!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    They are after TJ Hock!
    Lol you and your TE's.

They have their sights on Bush. They may get him

I’m not a fan of this. There’s no one in this draft that makes me say: “He’s the missing piece... he’s the one guy that I absolutely have to get.”

I’d rather trade up in R2 and/or trade away the later round picks in order to get more Day 2 picks.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

They should in theory get a decent comp pick for Bell, so they could conceivably throw in a 2020 third or fourth round pick into the trade package to sweeten the pot.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg