Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

Hey MODS,

Since this thread is already sort of going... can we just make THIS thread be the Draft Discussion thread???

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So, wait....Devin Bush won't go at 20+? He is a top 10 pick? Weird. I never would've thought that.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Would you be upset if the steelers draft a WR in the first round even though it's not a reach.

Not for me, since the WR position after JuJu is questionable, so I believe this position is one of the biggest need for the steelers for the next season.

What are your thoughts on that?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I am all for a spoiler-FREE thread. There is a thread started here: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...n-Thread-Day-1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Would you be upset if the steelers draft a WR in the first round even though it's not a reach.

Not for me, since the WR position after JuJu is questionable, so I believe this position is one of the biggest need for the steelers for the next season.

Just no to Metcalf.

Can find a go route receiver later. I'm a fan of AJ Brown but like JuJu makes a lot of plays from the slot, but they could make it work. Not slot dependent by any means.

I don't see them going that way. I see Miles Boykin or David Sills on day two.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I would not be upset at that at all... if it is the right guy. My "right guy" would be AJ Brown.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

With all the Randy Savage gifs I've found on Google I'm going to be disappointed if Darnell Savage isn't a Steeler.

After a interception

Or after a hit
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    With all the Randy Savage gifs I've found on Google I'm going to be disappointed if Darnell Savage isn't a Steeler.

After a interception

Or after a hit
    LOL

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

If they draft a CB first, they better get one with the fewest holes in their game, my choice is Murphey, no more of this high ceiling needs work BS that has failed year in and year out. If we are going to trade up, then make the commitment and get White, IMO that is the only player in the draft that is an instant game changer for this team, moving up for Bush isn’t worth it for the cost.

No VW98. The Steelers have no idea what they're doing. They should have fired everyone after missing the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    If we are going to trade up, then make the commitment and get White, IMO that is the only player in the draft that is an instant game changer for this team
    that would cost us every draft pick we have...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It seems more and more like they will select a 2nd round DB prospect

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Since I'm not sure if this is the official Draft Thread or not, I will post this here.

Here is a great Draft Tracker that I post every year. It tells you who has been drafted, and who is still available along with other information. It also has links to everything draft including a list of all prospects and they're draft rating. Enjoy!

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    It seems more and more like they will select a 2nd round DB prospect
    And it will be a long term project!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Does VW realize they want to move up to draft his replacement ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Since I'm not sure if this is the official Draft Thread or not, I will post this here.

Here is a great Draft Tracker that I post every year. It tells you who has been drafted, and who is still available along with other information. Enjoy!

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-name/dt-by-round-input:1
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Does VW realize they want to move up to draft his replacement ?
    I do not think Williams would lose his job ..... He was a starter in 2017 when Shazier was still in the lineup.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    that would cost us every draft pick we have...
    I agree with Rotor and better then wasting a few high picks on a maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    If we are going to trade up, then make the commitment and get White, IMO that is the only player in the draft that is an instant game changer for this team, moving up for Bush isn’t worth it for the cost.
    I hear you. If you are going to go all the way to 10 for the "second best" ILB in this draft, then why not go ALL IN and get the "best" ILB in this draft. It'd be costly, but I get what you are saying.

I do not think Williams would lose his job ..... He was a starter in 2017 when Shazier was still in the lineup.
    Probably true and Vince is a cool dude and decent player.

The Cardinals have had 3 months to make this pick. Why are we still waiting???

Maybe they just don't know yet!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

There is a lot going on right now.

Post by 86WARD in a another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So there’s a big rumor that the Cardinals are passing on Murray because he won’t sign a deal tonight...lol. Murray is going to screw himself with the baseball leverage. Good move by the Cardinals if he won’t sign.

Joe Greene looks like he is about to open up can of whoopass on the crowd.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rumor that Murray won’t sign a contract tonight. So the Cardinals May go Bossa...lol. Good for the Cardinals...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Rumor that Murray won’t sign a contract tonight. So the Cardinals May go Bossa...lol. Good for the Cardinals...
    and bad for the 49ers?

Josh Rosen right now:

Now there's a dude that's happy to win all those season tickets!

Kyler Murray is gonna drop right into Gruden's lap.