Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: So Who Will The Steelers 1st RD Pick Be ?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m not a fan of this. There’s no one in this draft that makes me say: “He’s the missing piece... he’s the one guy that I absolutely have to get.”

I’d rather trade up in R2 and/or trade away the later round picks in order to get more Day 2 picks.
    As someone who values draft picks I agree but this is where I just gotta sit back and trust Colbert.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Adam Schefter on ESPN just said the Steelers are trying to trade up in the top 10.
    If they want one of the Devins mock drafts have White going as high as top 5 and Bush not making it past the Broncos and Bengals at 10 and 11

Given how Ben's new contract diminishes Rudolph's rookie contract value for the Steelers, I like this scenario in Gerry Dulac's P-G chat today

Gerry, please don't think I'm crazy on this... package Rudolph & the late 3rd pick to the giants and swap firsts. Get a devin. With bens extension Rudolph sits for 3 more years.
    Gerry Dulac: It's not that crazy. Not saying that could or should happen, but let's face it -- if Ben stays healthy, Rudolph will be out of his rookie contract in 2022 and the Steelers will have no idea if he's the QB of the future.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201904250057

But after the dust settles I am guessing the Steelers stay put and draft Greedy Williams to continue their streak of problematic DB selections in the early rounds

LSU’s Greedy Williams, I’m told, completed the run up to the draft without taking one visit to a team facility, which is very strange for a player who’s carrying a bunch of red flags. The concerns link to his toughness, his work ethic and his personality. You’d think bringing him in would be a good step to dig into that. So that no did is notable. I could see Williams—seen by many as the draft’s most talented corner—slipping out of the first round.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/23/fr...iolence-arrest

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

They have their sights on Bush. They may get him
    yeah, They're in love with Bush. all depends if they can find a trading partner...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Take Rock Ya-Sin at #20, or trade up in the top 10 for Bush while trading away picks #20, #52 and #83 ???

Dulac in his chat noted that the Steelers really like Savage.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Take Rock Ya-Sin at #20, or trade up in the top 10 for Bush while trading away picks #20, #52 and #83 ???
    Assuming the Steelers go CB at pick #20 the likely suspects are Baker from UGA, Murphy from Washington and Williams from LSU (I say Williams because it is the type of flawed DB pick that has become a Colbert specialty). If your team was not on TV somewhere every Saturday the Steelers do not draft you in the first round - this from Gerry Dulac

The Steelers haven't used a No. 1 pick on a player from a non-Power 5 school since Troy Edwards in 1999. And how did that work out? So don't hold your breath.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Why not do something different. Their past strategy hasn't worked recently. One game-changing defensive player is better than 10 projects that never develop, backups and guys that never make it to the 53 man roster

- - - Updated - - -

You mean potentially a game-changing LB that fill the Shazier role or a project DB that the coaching staff won't develop, a no. 3 or no. 4 WR, and a project at a position not needed that never cracks the starting line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Assuming the Steelers go CB at pick #20 the likely suspects are Baker from UGA, Murphy from Washington and Williams from LSU (I say Williams because it is the type of flawed DB pick that has become a Colbert specialty). If your team was not on TV somewhere every Saturday the Steelers do not draft you in the first round - this from Gerry Dulac

The Steelers haven't used a No. 1 pick on a player from a non-Power 5 school since Troy Edwards in 1999. And how did that work out? So don't hold your breath.

Said almost a week ago I think it's Savage or Greedy at #20, but Bush still their #1 guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Why not do something different. Their past strategy hasn't worked recently. One game-changing defensive player is better than 10 projects that never develop, backups and guys that never make it to the 53 man roster

- - - Updated - - -

You mean potentially a game-changing LB that fill the Shazier role or a project DB that the coaching staff won't develop, a no. 3 or no. 4 WR, and a project at a position not needed that never cracks the starting line-up?
    Or maybe that Linebacker doesn't work out and they miss out on a 2017 "like draft" and land three pro bowlers.

Or maybe that Linebacker doesn't work out and they miss out on a 2017 "like draft" and land three pro bowlers.
    I say unlikely given recent draft trends with this team

Of course given that they've tried to trade up before and teams have been unwilling to trade up with him in recent years, it's likely they will end up staying at 20 anyway, and by the looks of it pick a round 2 DB draft prospect

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I would have no problem moving up in the top 10 if we do not give our first round pick in 2020 and if that player has a good chance of being an impact player in his rookie season.

But I also hope we'll have enough pick after to draft a WR.

- - - Updated - - -

Mel Kiper now has both Devins in the top 5 (not picks but value) - do not see it but Steelers may be chasing a player who cannot/should not be caught at that price if true

Very rare that Colbert move up in the first round, but when he move up, his results are great!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

SWEAT ???

misdiagnosed ???

could be a game changer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...th-heart-issue
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    SWEAT ???

misdiagnosed ???

could be a game changer

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...th-heart-issue

I like him a lot.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So, wait....Devin Bush won't go at 20+? He is a top 10 pick? Weird. I never would've thought that.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ricky Williams RB Texas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So, wait....Devin Bush won't go at 20+? He is a top 10 pick? Weird. I never would've thought that.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Really man?

That's crazy!

Who knew????

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    package Rudolph & the late 3rd pick to the giants and swap firsts. Get a devin. With bens extension Rudolph sits for 3 more years.
    This... I can get behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Three picks is waaay too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Dulac in his chat noted that the Steelers really like Savage.
    THIS!!!!!

This... I can get behind.
    Same for me,but this is unlikely that the steelers trade Rudoph even if the offers is good unfortunately

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ricky Williams RB Texas
    I think Colbert prefers Priest Holmes RB Texas.

Question:Are we going to have a draft thread? One for spoilers and one without(boooo) ???
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Same for me,but this is unlikely that the steelers trade Rudoph even if the offers is good unfortunately
    Ben's new deal all but assures that Rudolph will sit until he is a free agent. I thought that Rudolph was the heir apparent, but if he will not see the field for three more seasons... might as well trade him to the Giants (in order to get the 6th overall pick). #totallyworthit

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I'm all for a draft thread!

Question:Are we going to have a draft thread? One for spoilers and one without(boooo) ???
    I am all for a spoiler-FREE thread. There is a thread started here: http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...n-Thread-Day-1

Ben's new deal all but assures that Rudolph will sit until he is a free agent. I thought that Rudolph was the heir apparent, but if he will not see the field for three more seasons... might as well trade him to the Giants (in order to get the 6th overall pick). #totallyworthit
    agree..I hope that Colbert think(or at least try) the same thing.