Thread: my 2019 1st round mock draft

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

my 2019 1st round mock draft

This is my 2019 mock draft. I expect to be wrong and I expect a lot of surprises so I went bold. I also took into account that some organizations aren't run well

1. Stupid Cardinals- Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma: The news is Kyler's going no. 1 to the Cardinals. Of course I don't know what the directionless Cardinals are doing. You give up a lot to trade for a QB at pick 10, then give up on him after a year, a year in which he had no help at all? It's stupid, but then again so was hiring a head coach with a mediocre record in the Big 12 because he had coffee with Sean McVay or some shit

2. 49ers- Nick Bose DE Ohio State: The 49ers make the selection the Cardinals should have made. Bosa's the best player in the draft and Bosa shoring up the D pairing with a healthy Garapolo could help push the 49ers into the playoffs (granted if Jimmy G stays healthy)

3. TRADE Giant Crazies- Quinnen Williams DT Alabama: SURPRISE! Mock drafts are always wrong and the draft usually provides the unexpected so, go big or go home. It's no secret the Jets want to move down and the Giants who have made many piss poor decisions this offseason and have deluded themselves into thinking Eli is still a viable starting QB trade both their 1st round picks to get the draft's 2nd best player in an effort to add high end talent and make waves with a big splash move. Seriously, don't overestimate the Giants

4. The Oakland City Circus- Ed Oliver DT Houston: There is so little talent on this team, their 2nd best player is a head hunter who tried to kill the best player on the team and who may be one concussion away from calling it a career. It may be a matter of BPA and Ed Oliver's draft stock has improved.

5. Buccos- Josh Allen DE Kentucky: Josh Allen will likely be viewed as BPA at this point and certainly they could use an edge rusher to help shore up a woeful defense. Vinny Curry who signed last year re-signed with the Eagles this offseason

6. TRADE Broncos- Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State: Jets trade down again, this time with a team who will go after a franchise QB. Broncos need a young QB option. Moonball Joe is in his 30s and is better served as a mentor to young QB than a franchise QB

7. TRADE Packers- Devin White LB LSU: If last year was an indication, the Packers may trade up again. The Packers also may be looking to add a potential defensive playmaker with Rodgers approaching his late 30s. Devin White may be the splash playmaker they are looking for and they may be wanting to leapfrog the LB needy division rival Lions to get him

8. Lions Montez Sweat DE Miss St: Sweat has a heart condition but it doesn't look serious enough to cause him to fall. Lions appear interested and they need a DE with Ziggy Ansah remaining unsigned.

9. Bills Rashaan Gary DE Michigan: The Bills are reportedly eyeing the trenches. One direction could be DE and Rashaan Gary, the 6th DL player taken in the draft's first 9 picks

10. TRADE Jets Jonah Williams OT Alabama- After two trade downs, the Jets make their pick. The Jets appear interested in Jonah Williams, and they will need to bolster the O-line if they want to maximize the production of the master negotiator

11. Bungals T.J Hockenson TE Iowa: The Bengals don't have much at TE and the oft-injured Tyler Eifert is coming off a devastating injury. Hock who is the best TE in the draft can possibly inject some life into a Bengals team that is looking like one of the worst heading into 2019

12. TRADE Jawaan Taylor OT Florida: Taylor may slide due to injury concerns but he's one of the draft's top tackles and the Jags would likely love to address one of their biggest needs by getting Taylor

13. Dolphins Drew Lock QB Missouri: The Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL and practically have nothing. Tannehill being traded may lead them to go with a new QB, the best one being Lock

14. Falcons Christian Wilkins DT Clemson: Falcons need DT help, Wilkins is the next lineman to go

15. Redskins Daniel Jones QB Duke: Whose their QB? Keenum? They should at least try something else

16. Panthers Brian Burns DE Florida State: Panthers need edge rusher help in the wake of Julius Peppers retiring

17. Jets Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson: Speaking of teams that also need pass rusher help

18. TRADE Raiders Devin Bush ILB Michigan: The Raiders leapfrog the Steelers and give the Vikings their other 2 first round picks to get Bush, a playmaking LB who can really help a woeful defense. Some may expect them to stand pat, but the AB trade showed they had potential to make brash moves. Bush is not lasting to 20, some team will trade up to get him.

19. Titans D.K Metcalf WR Ole Miss: BWRA (Best Wide Receiver Available)

20. Steelers A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss: Back-to-back Ole Miss WRs. 2017, the Steelers selected Juju Smith Schuster in round 2 with a lack of a no. 2 outside of Martavis Bryant who was coming off a suspension. In 2018, they selected James Washington in round 2 after trading Bryant. Now with AB gone, the Steelers up the trend and go WR in round 1. The Steelers place a premium on WRs and will likely draft one early in response to trading AB (even with Moncrief signed). A.J. Brown tweeting an invite for the Steelers to draft him qualifies him as the volunteer Tomlin is looking for

21. TRADE Eagles Josh Jacobs RB Alabama: It may be the worst kept secret (a term I would use loosely) that the Seahawks are trading down. They only have 4 draft picks! RB is one of the Eagles most glaring needs and the Eagles are showing interest. The Eagles are a prime candidate

22. Ratbirds Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma: Hollywood's going to Baltimore. Defense has needs but WR is also a need and there isn't much at LB

23. Texans Andre Dillard OT Washington St: Texans waste no time getting great value at a position of need. They need O-line to help protect Watson

24. TRADE Vikings Cody Ford OT/G Oklahoma: Another OL needy team getting great value at O-line

25. TRADE Packers Noah Fant TE Iowa: Seahawks trade again, this time to the Packers who look to move on from Jimmy Graham who was ineffective and has been for a while now

26. Colts Jonathan Abram S Mississippi State: Colts could use a safety like Abram. He also seems to fit the mold of the high character guy/vocal leader Ballard is going for

27. TRADE Vikings Greg Little OT Mississippi State: Vikings double dip at O-line and plae Ford at guard while Little goes to tackle. O-line is a definite need

28. Chargers Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson: Chargers need DT help. Enter Dexter Lawrence, the 3rd Clemson D-lineman drafted in the 3rd round to help out

29. Chiefs Byron Murphy CB Washington: This almost be BDPA (Best defensive player available). With their pick of the litter at CB, Chiefs opt for one of the CBs, taking Murphy who is praised as a tactician to help rebuild a pass defense that last year would be complimented if it was called hot garbage

30. TRADE Seahawks Greedy Williams CB LSU: Another CB off the board, this one to provide a CB across from Shaquill Griffin. Williams has been abstaining from pre-draft visits/workouts but I don't think that will matter much to someone like Pete Carroll who is used to strong personalities

31. Rams Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi State: Simmons who tore his ACL is still garnering some support. I think taking a flyer on someone like Simmons and redshirting them would be something the Rams would do. Simmons would be going in the top 10 had he not torn his ACL.

32. TRADE Stupid Cardinals Jerry Tillery DT Notre Dame: Nope, this isn't the Cardinals trading up 1 spot. This is the Cardinals trading Josh Rosen to the evil empire in favor for a 1st round pick. The evil empire has shown interest and due to the Cardinals stupidly giving up on Rosen,they get Rosen in exchange for a 1st allowing Bellichick to develop him as Brady's heir. Anyway Tillery, who has been highly thought of and may sneak into round 1, goes to Arizona after the failed Nkimdici (I'm too lazy to bother looking up how his name is spelled) pick in 2016.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: my 2019 1st round mock draft

Nice.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think out of all the WR's AJ would fit the Steelers best. Nice mock!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think out of all the WR's AJ would fit the Steelers best. Nice mock!
    I agree.

Hakeem Butler has been "my guy" for a long while, but a few weeks ago, I posted (somewhere) about how AJ Brown was on Pittsburgh's radar. He's like the perfect mixture of Hines Ward and JuJu.

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I agree.

Hakeem Butler has been "my guy" for a long while, but a few weeks ago, I posted (somewhere) about how AJ Brown was on Pittsburgh's radar. He's like the perfect mixture of Hines Ward and JuJu.
    If I had to pick a WR not named Riley Ridley from UGA, then it would be AJ Brown from Ole Miss. Those are far and away my favorite choices at this position in this draft.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would be pissed if they took Brown at 20. He’s a player they can trade down to get or trade up in the 2nd to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would be pissed if they took Brown at 20. He’s a player they can trade down to get or trade up in the 2nd to get.
    that's how I felt about Terrell Edmunds last year, it wasn't so much the player as where the Steelers took him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

a lot of work so appreciated ...

that said just do not see them drafting a wr in round 1.... Moncrief should be a beast here and I assume is Penciled in as a starter along with JuJu and Washington ... you have Switzer and Eli that is 5 deep without drafting anyone , I assume they draft one rd 3-5 area but doubt sooner ...

but that's just me
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

that said just do not see them drafting a wr in round 1.... Moncrief should be a beast here and I assume is Penciled in as a starter along with JuJu and Washington ... you have Switzer and Eli that is 5 deep without drafting anyone , I assume they draft one rd 3-5 area but doubt sooner ...

but that's just me
    I agree, there are plenty of good Rd 3-5 options for the Steelers to choose from. I think we draft one of Miles Boykin, Gary Jennings Jr or David Sills around that area...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

but that's just me
    I wouldn’t be shocked if they drafted one in the first round, but I would think it was a bad decision no matter how good the guy turned out to be...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

but that's just me
    By that draft board who do you take over Brown there? Could go Murphy or Greedy which would be my personal choice but I am not against AJ Brown here.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    By that draft board who do you take over Brown there? Could go Murphy or Greedy which would be my personal choice but I am not against AJ Brown here.
    I am not a guy who sticks to the value board ...

I wont force a need pick but I am not gonna take BPA if I doubt he sees the field much for a few years either , Rookie WR often do not do much its just the way it is more often than not so likely isn't going to help me much esp when its an uphill battle to see the field based on our current roster construction

so Yeah Murphy / Greedy maybe even Abram ( even though the safety class is loaded with quality players )trading down a few spots should never be off the board either ...

if you can pick up even a 4th round pick for moving back 3-4 spots what would you have to package with that 4th to get back into the top 100 picks again ?

oh well Colbert will get blinded by all those picks and mess it up somehow lol

I am not a guy who sticks to the value board ...

I wont force a need pick but I am not gonna take BPA if I doubt he sees the field much for a few years either , Rookie WR often do not do much its just the way it is more often than not so likely isn't going to help me much esp when its an uphill battle to see the field based on our current roster construction

so Yeah Murphy / Greedy maybe even Abram ( even though the safety class is loaded with quality players )trading down a few spots should never be off the board either ...

if you can pick up even a 4th round pick for moving back 3-4 spots what would you have to package with that 4th to get back into the top 100 picks again ?

oh well Colbert will get blinded by all those picks and mess it up somehow lol
    If sitting with the board as predicted here I would go CB at 20. Huge need IMO and the top 2 in this draft are still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If sitting with the board as predicted here I would go CB at 20. Huge need IMO and the top 2 in this draft are still available.
    agreed

To be honest, I would look elsewhere other than WR in round 1 (Fant or Abram both look good). However, this is just predicting what I think will happen

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    To be honest, I would look elsewhere other than WR in round 1 (Fant or Abram both look good). However, this is just predicting what I think will happen
    I love that you made this mock. I think it's very good work.

I'm updating my mock draft in light of the Frank Clark trade. Explanations will only be for picks not kept the same. I am starting at pick 29. I originally had Seattle trading down twice and I still think they do that. They still only have 5 picks in this draft and now they are down their best pass rusher. Trading down is still in their interest

29 TRADE Seahawks Byron Murphy CB Washington: I had Byron Murphy going to Kansas City at pick 29, now I have Murphy going to Seattle at pick 29. I originally had Greedy going to Seattle with their first pick but now Murphy is available. He went to college in Seattle so they likely know him better, and he aslo seems like a Seahawks corner

30. TRADE Seahawks Jaylon Ferguson DE Louisiana Tech: Ferguson's draft stock has been variable so this may be a reach. Doesn't matter to Seattle who has reached in the past during the Pete Carroll era. Needless to say with Frank Clark now sporting red and playing in Arrowhead, they'll need to replace him.

Pick 31 Rams Jeffrey Simmons and Pick 32 TRADE Cardinals Jerry Tillery: Both kept the same