Thread: Yes, the Steelers could trade into the Top 10. Consider the Jets and Lions

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Yes, the Steelers could trade into the Top 10. Consider the Jets and Lions

Steeler fans write off the big move up because the trade chart says it is too expensive. But there is more than one chart to consider!
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...nfl-draft-news

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Yes, the Steelers could trade into the Top 10. Consider the Jets and Lions

We're not going to trade in the first round, we haven't done that for a decade or more, and in any case, we already threw away a chance at a high R1 pick for peanuts, so I am not really hoping to see what else the trade-value masterminds in our front office can cook up; in fact I kind of hope I don't.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    We're not going to trade in the first round, we haven't done that for a decade or more, and in any case, we already threw away a chance at a high R1 pick for peanuts, so I am not really hoping to see what else the trade-value masterminds in our front office can cook up; in fact I kind of hope I don't.

I hope you are right, I just don't have much confidence in the FO these days.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pick 20 is probably the worst spot to be picking. All the olbs abd ilbs worthy of the 1st round will be gone. Hock will be gone. Also no cb is worth taking in round 1.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We could always go backup kicker at #20.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    We could always go backup kicker at #20.
    Naw, clearly there's more value getting a QB early and stashing him on the roster a couple years, then trading him for a 4th or 5th rounder down the road.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

they may make a move in rd 1 but if so I do not envision them moving more than a few spots . I look for possibly a move up in rd 2 , maybe 2 moves in round 2 up to early 40s and then maybe back into 50-60 range
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think everything will be fluid and in play on draft night based on who starts falling at around pick 11-12.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The time to "trade up" was years ago.

Trading up in the first round will do very little for the Steelers at this point. Barring some miracle resurgence of the Defense and Rudolph/Dobbs turn out better than expected, Their window to win with Ben is shut. Sacrificing the future to win now will set the team back years if not decades.

They're better off sitting where they are and just hoping someone falls to them.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Window is not closed. If the defense plays even a little better we have just as a good of a chance as anybody. Keep counting Ben out if you want.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Window is not closed. If the defense plays even a little better we have just as a good of a chance as anybody. Keep counting Ben out if you want.
    Well Keith butler is still here for who knows what reason so you can discount the defense playing any better. Steelers wont make a super bowl as long as butler continues to be d.c