Thread: With the #1 overall pick, the Cardinals select...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

With the #1 overall pick, the Cardinals select...

I apologize for my negligence on starting these polls. It’s been crazy at work (and in the evenings).

We only have 10 days. So, polls won’t really work. Hawaii & I are thinking of trying something new: a consensus. Hawaii & I will post 7-8 names. The discussion will be open for 7-8 hours... and then, we move on. Maybe not the best, but it is what it is. Oh... no trades.

With the #1 overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select...

-Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
    -Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    -Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky
    -Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
    -other (answer below)

Mods, if it’s okay, please, leave this thread in the main page for those 7-8 hours. Once the pick has been decided, feel free to move it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: With the #1 overall pick, the Cardinals select...

Murray.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Every mock out there seems to have the Cards selecting Murray. I’ll vote Murray as well.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I believe they are taking Murray , but I think they are idiots for doing so ...

Murray can not make 1 throw that Rosen has not already made , so why ???

you invested heavily in Rosen just 1 year ago and offered him almost nothing in terms of protection or weapons and now you want to draft another guy and place him into the same situation ( a guy who may bolt as soon as shit goes bad and play another sport ?? )

The smart move is Bosa or trade back for a ransoms worth of picks and give your #1 pick last year some protection and weapons
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

New coach. new QB... Murray

They will then trade Rosen for something less than their initial investment to make the new coach happy.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Murray it is, the San Francisco 49ers are now on the clock.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I think the next three will divide somehow between Williams, Bosa and Allen... I'm going Bosa to the 9ers

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah says there's a 60% chance that the Arizona Cardinals select Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray.

Jeremiah had it at 90% at the beginning of the month, so there might be something going on behind closed doors. Perhaps there is an internal divide on the Murray (5'10/207) versus Josh Rosen debate, but that is simply speculation. If the Cardinals do not select Murray (this is still an unlikely event given most reports), they could be in a position to trade out of the first overall pick if a team like the Oakland Raiders fall for Murray.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter
    April 15, 2019

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah says there's a 60% chance that the Arizona Cardinals select Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray.

Jeremiah had it at 90% at the beginning of the month, so there might be something going on behind closed doors. Perhaps there is an internal divide on the Murray (5'10/207) versus Josh Rosen debate, but that is simply speculation. If the Cardinals do not select Murray (this is still an unlikely event given most reports), they could be in a position to trade out of the first overall pick if a team like the Oakland Raiders fall for Murray.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter
    April 15, 2019
    Or he is straight up making up the percentages...that would never happen on Twitter though....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they are smart, they trade back for a couple extra picks and should be able to still get Murray...he's definitely NOT #1 overall talent...but as someone else said, they'll be stupid if they do take Murray with ROsen on the roster. Rosen is the best QB in this 2019 draft...

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I apologize for my negligence on starting these polls. It’s been crazy at work (and in the evenings).

We only have 10 days. So, polls won’t really work. Hawaii & I are thinking of trying something new: a consensus. Hawaii & I will post 7-8 names. The discussion will be open for 7-8 hours... and then, we move on. Maybe not the best, but it is what it is. Oh... no trades.

With the #1 overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select...

-Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
    -Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
    -Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky
    -Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
    -other (answer below)

Mods, if it’s okay, please, leave this thread in the main page for those 7-8 hours. Once the pick has been decided, feel free to move it.
    I’m pretty sure it won’t be Joey Bosa. I think the Chargers might object to something like that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Trade back to Raiders...