Day 4
    WVU S, Dravon Askew Henry*
    Central Michigan CB, Sean Bunting
    Arkon LB, Ulysees Gilbert
    Texas LB, Gary Johnson

Day 5
    Michigan State CB, Justin Layne
    Temple CB, Rock Ya-Sin

*= Local visit, doesn’t count against team’s overall visit count.
    Pre-Draft Visits, By Position

RB — 5
    WR — 3
    TE — 1
    LB — 5
    S — 3
    CB — 3
    Total: 20

Pittsburgh has a history of drafting from their visit list, yet two-thirds of the way through their allowed 30 pre-draft visitors and I see NO FIRST ROUND PROSPECTS. This scares me, I can't imagine them drafting another third round talent in RD1 in back to back years.....can they? All I see are second half of the draft players, and while these guys are great for building depth they aren't much for value on Thursday and Friday.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Official Pre-Draft Visits

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    Copied from www.BehindtheSteelCurtain.com

Day 1
    Penn State RB, Miles Sanders
    Alabama RB, Damien Harris
    Notre Dame TE, Alize Mack
    UMass WR, Andy Isabella
    Oregon WR, Dillon Mitchell

Day 2
    WVU LB, David Long *
    Notre Dame WR, Miles Boykin
    Miami RB, Travis Homer
    Florida RB, Jordan Scarlett
    Ohio State RB, Mike Weber

Day 3
    Oregon S, Ugo Amadi
    Oklahoma State LB, Jordan Brailford
    Washington LB, Ben Burr-Kirven
    Maryland S, Darnell Savage

Day 4
    WVU S, Dravon Askew Henry*
    Central Michigan CB, Sean Bunting
    Arkon LB, Ulysees Gilbert
    Texas LB, Gary Johnson

Day 5
    Michigan State CB, Justin Layne
    Temple CB, Rock Ya-Sin

*= Local visit, doesn’t count against team’s overall visit count.
    Pre-Draft Visits, By Position

RB — 5
    WR — 3
    TE — 1
    LB — 5
    S — 3
    CB — 3
    Total: 20

Pittsburgh has a history of drafting from their visit list, yet two-thirds of the way through their allowed 30 pre-draft visitors and I see NO FIRST ROUND PROSPECTS. This scares me, I can't imagine them drafting another third round talent in RD1 in back to back years.....can they? All I see are second half of the draft players, and while these guys are great for building depth they aren't much for value on Thursday and Friday.
    I think Darnell Savage or Rock Ya Sin can be considered 2nd round prospects, but agreed no definitive 1st round guys. There's something about Burr-Kirven too. He reminds me of (dare I say it?) Lambert.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    There's something about Burr-Kirven too. He reminds me of (dare I say it?) Lambert.
    Some evaluators see him as a great prospect, and others see a player simply making plays due to his surrounding talent. (The evals are either hot or cold.)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Some evaluators see him as a great prospect, and others see a player simply making plays due to his surrounding talent. (The evals are either hot or cold.)
    Yep. Definitely not a first round guy. But what round is he? If the Steelers grade him from 3rd to 6th I would understand. I have no idea. He doesn’t have the ideal size and speed but he’s not small and slow, plus his college production is there.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ben-burr-kirven?id=32194255-5256-1396-f8aa-ac8e9de3e9
    Actually he is very athletic, according to his combine numbers

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yep. Definitely not a first round guy. But what round is he? If the Steelers grade him from 3rd to 6th I would understand. I have no idea. He doesn’t have the ideal size and speed but he’s not small and slow, plus his college production is there.
    Many draftniks feel that his production is based solely off of having insane talent around him. Lots of hustle, no doubt. But... there are question marks.

As far as round goes, a month ago, I saw one pundit mock him as a R1 pick. But, that’s only one mock.

SUMMATION:
    Who knows. It only takes one team to fall in love with a guy.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Many draftniks feel that his production is based solely off of having insane talent around him. Lots of hustle, no doubt. But... there are question marks.

As far as round goes, a month ago, I saw one pundit mock him as a R1 pick. But, that’s only one mock.

SUMMATION:
    Who knows. It only takes one team to fall in love with a guy.
    most mocks I have seen recently have him as a Day 3 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    most mocks I have seen recently have him as a Day 3 guy.
    That sounds about right (considering that many people feel that he posted lofty numbers due to scheme/the talent surrounding him).

This game tape is vs AZ State in 2017. Burr-Kirven is used mostly in coverage and you see him play well and then fade a bit late.(Fatigue?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28HkDQ8b6f8

This is game tape vs AU in 2018. Auburn OL is much better and you see Burr-Kirven in a more traditional ILB role later in the game. Gets better as game goes on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thNvbzbQbJs

This is the 2019 Rose Bowl vs Ohio State. This is a great game that shows Burr-Kirven make plays vs run, in coverage, and blitzing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqPm_CQ4Zr0

I'm not seeing a lot of great talent around Burr-Kirven on these tapes. Washington was ranked top20 for a reason I understand, but Burr-Kirven is his own guy on this defense IMO. I could see taking him in the 3rd, maybe a little early. I think we would need to take him in the 4th at the latest though. I really like the tape on this guy. Would love to see him as a Steeler. Give these an honest watch and post your thoughts.

You want a first round visit, I’ll give you a first round visit:

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington ...is visiting tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

You want a first round visit, I’ll give you a first round visit:

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington ...is visiting tomorrow.
    so is Deandre Baker CB Georgia

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It's about time they interview players that are top talents. Murphy or Baker may still be there at #20. Perhaps both will still be there.

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Finally we got a couple of back up options to visit. I can dig it if either Baker or Murphy were drafted but once again, we'd have to search for a replacement at both of our ILB positions so we no longer have to start back ups. Should they take a CB in 1 maybe we can find Winovich in 2, Pratt and Ridley in 3....... that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's about time they interview players that are top talents. Murphy or Baker may still be there at #20. Perhaps both will still be there.
    when it comes to drafting WRs, I trust Colbert fully.

when it comes to CBs, not so much.

At The Combine, they met with several of “top 20” players... such as:

Devin White
    Greedy Williams
    Byron Murphy
    DK Metcalf

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

honestly at this point Byron Murphy has to be the front runner at 20 if he is on the board still , by virtue of meeting with him at the combine and still bringing him in for a visit ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    honestly at this point Byron Murphy has to be the front runner at 20 if he is on the board still , by virtue of meeting with him at the combine and still bringing him in for a visit ...
    I really hope we don't go CB at 20. I'm hoping for an impact player for the 2019 season and Murphy likely wouldn't see much playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    That is the exact thought that I had when I realized Murphy has visited twice.

That is the exact thought that I had when I realized Murphy has visited twice.
    he's only 21, the Steelers like 'em young.

only thing is, Colbert and Tomlin didn't attend his pro day.

and there's that 4.55 he ran at the Combine...

Junior Member Array title="Leopardo will become famous soon enough"> Leopardo's Avatar

Is there a player other then Winovich they had dinner with? And teams apparantly tell that Winovich has issues. And if there's one guy I trust in the media on his opinions it's Charlie Campbell.
    http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpres...Chase-Winovich

Junior Member Array title="Leopardo will become famous soon enough"> Leopardo's Avatar

I like Byron Murphy a lot. He may not be fast but he got all the other tools a good CB need. He can play both man press coverage and zone coverage. His position drills at the combine were excellent and he never looked lost. Greedy Williams is fast but only can play man press coverage and looked lost in the position drills at the combine. He isn't the polished player that Murphy or Baker is. For CB's I take technique over athleticism. For most positions actually

he's only 21, the Steelers like 'em young.

only thing is, Colbert and Tomlin didn't attend his pro day.

and there's that 4.55 he ran at the Combine...
    His “unpadded” speed is a question mark, but with “pads on”, Murphy is fine.

Aa I posted a few months ago, we cannot look at Murphy’s measureables in isolation. He won’t (did not) test very well. But, his game tape is exceptional. Likewise, recently UWash has a solid pedigree of good secondary players: Budda Baker, Marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Kevin King, Desmond Trufant...

His “unpadded” speed is a question mark, but with “pads on”, Murphy is fine.

Aa I posted a few months ago, we cannot look at Murphy’s measureables in isolation. He won’t (did not) test very well. But, his game tape is exceptional. Likewise, recently UWash has a solid pedigree of good secondary players: Budda Baker, Marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Kevin King, Desmond Trufant...
    did you watch Murphy play against Oregon this past season?

Dillon Mitchell (maybe this is why the Steelers brought him in for a visit also) lit Murphy up for 8 rec. for 119 yds and 1 TD.

did you watch Murphy play against Oregon this past season?

Dillon Mitchell (maybe this is why the Steelers brought him in for a visit also) lit Murphy up for 8 rec. for 119 yds and 1 TD.
    That’s okay. Once per season, our defense routinely gives up a big receiving game to a non-star receiver.

That’s okay. Once per season, our defense routinely gives up a big receiving game to a non-star receiver.
    okay, glad to know Murphy checks that box.

the bigger question is, can he learn to play 10-12 yards off the ball and tackle the receiver after he has made the catch?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

okay, glad to know Murphy checks that box.

the bigger question is, can he learn to play 10-12 yards off the ball and tackle the receiver after he has made the catch?
    Hey, now. Tackling is optional.