Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Linebacker will the Steelers take if both Devins are gone?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: What Linebacker will the Steelers take if both Devins are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Nobody is talking about Blake Cashman at ILB. Analysts have him rated as high as 2nd round grade and low as 3rd round. Been looking for his name on a visit. Just curious why no buzz on Cashman.
    Injury history I'm guessing. 2 surgeries on his shoulders last year would be enough to give pause to any team getting excited about him. As far as his intangibles though, he looks the role. Has the size and definitely the speed to play at the next level if he can stay healthy. I'd say if he's the type of player that can fall to later rounds and would be worth a flier on. I'd pass at round 2 or 3 though, and not sure if I'd take him over Long or Pratt.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Injury history I'm guessing. 2 surgeries on his shoulders last year would be enough to give pause to any team getting excited about him. As far as his intangibles though, he looks the role. Has the size and definitely the speed to play at the next level if he can stay healthy. I'd say if he's the type of player that can fall to later rounds and would be worth a flier on. I'd pass at round 2 or 3 though, and not sure if I'd take him over Long or Pratt.
    That could be exactly why he’s not getting much hype. His surgeries were in 2017(both shoulders). He backed that up in 2018 with 104 tackles with 15 TFL in 12 games. I think all you have to do is watch his 2018 game tapes to be sold on his ability. I would hate to pass on a player of need with that much potential but I don’t have his medicals to peruse. Just saying I wouldn’t drop him just yet.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If both Devins are gone, they will take Terez Hall and Mark Barron will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think the Steelers are comfortable with Barron starting if the Devins are gone and they can't trade up. I want IMPACT players regardless of position.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think the Steelers are comfortable with Barron starting if the Devins are gone and they can't trade up. I want IMPACT players regardless of position.
    That’s my thought as well. I think they’ve learned or had the lesson refreshed not to reach for position over BPA...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s my thought as well. I think they’ve learned or had the lesson refreshed not to reach for position over BPA...
    I hope so too.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

If Russell Wilson and the Seahawks do not reach an agreement and have to use the the franchise tag, they won’t be able to use it on Bobby Wagner{only one franchise tag). I know there is way to many moving parts to predict what happens to Wagner. The Steelers though should have the most cap space they have ever had next offseason.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">