Thread: Two Steelers wide receivers are about to battle it out for one position

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Two Steelers wide receivers are about to battle it out for one position

Going to battle with teammates on an athletic field of competition creates a bond that is hard to quantify. The unifying element of the "us against the world" mentality often cultivates lifelong friendships. This brotherhood is nearly impossible to duplicate and the camaraderie shared between teammates can be the one thing that retired players miss the most from their playing days

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...an-switzer-nfl

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Re: Two Steelers wide receivers are about to battle it out for one position

I really feel like Switzer has an advantage due to his success last season as a returner as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

we just brought in slot receiver Andy Isabella for a pre-draft visit so there may be even more competition in camp.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

Switzer would be smart to train and lift weights with James Conner. The young man has great hands and quick feet . Dont be surprised if he has a break out year.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Fake News! This article doesn't even mention the talents of Hunter & DHB!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Fake News! This article doesn't even mention the talents of Hunter & DHB!
    neither one is currently under contract with the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    neither one is currently under contract with the Steelers.
    Thank God!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Thank God!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

On DHB...

Rumor(believe it's from Mark Madden) is that DHB was Aditi Kinkhabwala's source for inside the locker room drama.

If that's true, I hope that rat is gone for good. May be the reason he isn't re-signed since I don't believe his play as a ST gunner fell off.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rogers and Switzer were on the team together last season. No reason they can’t be on it again. If DHB is gone, for good, that’s Switzer’s roster spot then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rogers and Switzer were on the team together last season. No reason they can’t be on it again. If DHB is gone, for good, that’s Switzer’s roster spot then.
    Yep JuJu, Washington, Montcrief, Switz, Rogers and whoever they draft works for a good 6 in my opinion!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Some little diva WR didn't like the "2 dogs one bone" figure of speech... So, 2 cats, one bird?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't think they'll cut either of them, and the fact is it's pretty likely the problem solves itself by one of the 6 WRs starting out the year hurt. It will probably be Washington, so that he can follow in the "promising on draft day, can't get a solid read on him, ultimately disappointing" career trajectory.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't think they'll cut either of them, and the fact is it's pretty likely the problem solves itself by one of the 6 WRs starting out the year hurt. It will probably be Washington, so that he can follow in the "promising on draft day, can't get a solid read on him, ultimately disappointing" career trajectory.
    I remove that curse!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I could get that descriptor for OLB and/or CB, but WR is an area where the Steelers have done extremely well.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I could get that descriptor for OLB and/or CB, but WR is an area where the Steelers have done extremely well.
    Nah, WR is the one that goes in pairs of one good, one shitty. Wallace-Sweed. Brown-Brown. Sanders-Wheaton. Bryant-Coates. Juju-?????. Ah shit.

The only thing they have in common is that 90% of them are lunatics.
    See you Space Cowboy ...