Thread: TheDraftnetwork 7 round steelers mock

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

TheDraftnetwork 7 round steelers mock

Round 1, Pick No. 20: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

The addition of linebacker Mark Barron in free agency was fine, as it certainly allows the Steelers to get more flexible picking the top talent here with their first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. But, if a player like Devin Bush were to fall to this range, though a linebacker, I think he would be the wise choice.
    Bush’s draft stock has been rising throughout the offseason, and his Combine performance showed he’s just as much of an athlete as Devin White – who many regard as a Top 10 pick – yet Bush might have even more traits and intangibles some teams will gravitate towards. He's an instant starter at middle linebacker.

Round 2, Pick No 52: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

With the departure of Antonio Brown, the Steelers are going to have to use one of their Top 100 picks on an offense weapon. You can’t replace the best wide receiver in the game with a rookie, but you have to at least replace his option in the offense.
    Samuel gives the Steelers the flexibility to mix and match their receivers inside and out like they did when they had Brown. Though Samuel is smaller, his skillset would still allow for the Steelers to play Juju Smith-Schuster in the slot.
    Round 3, Pick No. 66: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

Cornerback could very well be the top need for this Steelers team, and so they could stand to address it with one of their previous two picks higher in the draft. But, if they don’t, and if a player like Rock Ya-Sin is available in the 60’s, they’ll be fortunate and shouldn’t hesitate.
    Ya-Sin’s strong, lanky body type gives him a natural preference to the kind of face-up man-to-man style of coverage the Steelers like to play.

wanna see more ? click the link https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...und-mock-draft
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: TheDraftnetwork 7 round steelers mock

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Round 1, Pick No. 20: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

The addition of linebacker Mark Barron in free agency was fine, as it certainly allows the Steelers to get more flexible picking the top talent here with their first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. But, if a player like Devin Bush were to fall to this range, though a linebacker, I think he would be the wise choice.
    Bush’s draft stock has been rising throughout the offseason, and his Combine performance showed he’s just as much of an athlete as Devin White – who many regard as a Top 10 pick – yet Bush might have even more traits and intangibles some teams will gravitate towards. He's an instant starter at middle linebacker.

Round 2, Pick No 52: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

With the departure of Antonio Brown, the Steelers are going to have to use one of their Top 100 picks on an offense weapon. You can’t replace the best wide receiver in the game with a rookie, but you have to at least replace his option in the offense.
    Samuel gives the Steelers the flexibility to mix and match their receivers inside and out like they did when they had Brown. Though Samuel is smaller, his skillset would still allow for the Steelers to play Juju Smith-Schuster in the slot.
    Round 3, Pick No. 66: Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

Cornerback could very well be the top need for this Steelers team, and so they could stand to address it with one of their previous two picks higher in the draft. But, if they don’t, and if a player like Rock Ya-Sin is available in the 60’s, they’ll be fortunate and shouldn’t hesitate.
    Ya-Sin’s strong, lanky body type gives him a natural preference to the kind of face-up man-to-man style of coverage the Steelers like to play.

wanna see more ? click the link https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...und-mock-draft
    I'd be ok with Bush as long as the Steelers don't move up. If they draft a WR in R2 they could do better than Samuel. I like Hurd but I hope Colbert doesn't go WR crazy in this draft to try and stack his WR closet, he needs to let his AB skunking go. I thought the Steelers had 10 picks?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'd be ok with Bush as long as the Steelers don't move up. If they draft a WR in R2 they could do better than Samuel. I like Hurd but I hope Colbert doesn't go WR crazy in this draft to try and stack his WR closet, he needs to let his AB skunking go. I thought the Steelers had 10 picks?
    they do ... did you miss one ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    they do ... did you miss one ?
    Brain fart on my part.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I actually like much of that draft.

I am really really taking to the Jalen Hurd idea. Seems like a great deal of physical ability that can be had really late in the draft because he isn’t ready know. So what? Most rookie WRs kinda stink anyways, so what could Hurd be in 2 years? A monster is what.

ALso if you are going to take a dart throw at DB, a guy that big and fast is always interesting. Say hi Brian Allen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I actually like much of that draft.

I am really really taking to the Jalen Hurd idea. Seems like a great deal of physical ability that can be had really late in the draft because he isn’t ready know. So what? Most rookie WRs kinda stink anyways, so what could Hurd be in 2 years? A monster is what.

ALso if you are going to take a dart throw at DB, a guy that big and fast is always interesting. Say hi Brian Allen!
    like way overdue imo

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I could easily live with this draft

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

if the Steelers want Mike Weber they'll have to draft him a lot earlier than the 7th round.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

At 20, I’d love Hockenson... but, I’d also like to be paid $500,000 a year.

Likewise, I’m always pushing fir O-line. Since we have all of the interior locked up for a few seasons, and Feiler (and Chucks and Hawkins and Finney) as the future, I do not see an OG being taken. But, I love me some Garrett Bradbury (NC State).

A name who I’d keep an eye on is Johnathan Abram (S, Miss St.). I know that we just drafted Terrell Edmunds and just signed Mark Barron, and I personally think that Sean Davis has grown every season... but, Abrams is fierce. Do not look at his measureables. Watch him play... and don’t tell me that he doesn’t scream “PLAYMAKER!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't think the Steelers wait until round 3 to take a CB. And if they do I don't believe Rock Ya Sin is going to be there. I really do think Devin Bush is the goal for pick 20. If he's not there I have zero problem with taking Mack Wilson there. I know most fan heads will explode if they do, but I seriously doubt he's much of a dropoff from Bush if any at all. I actually prefer Wilson over Bush. I like that the mock took ILB, WR, CB in the first 3 rounds. Those may be the biggest needs but I doubt they picks fall that orderly. Still some great prospects there if they don't, IMO.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

IDC so long as they don't draft Devin White. Tired of the attitude already.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    IDC so long as they don't draft Devin White. Tired of the attitude already.
    after what the Steelers went through with Leave'on Bell I would think we're very wary about guys that are talking about how much $$$ they want to be paid on their second contract.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I like the Deebo Samuel pick. He dominated the Senior Bowl.

That said, he stole Red’s bike; soooo, he & JuJu night have some issues.