Thread: Super Bowl 45

Member Array title="Packers has a spectacular aura about">

Super Bowl 45

Hey Steeler fans I promise not trying to rub anything in but Rewatching it again we are very lucky the game wasn't 2 minutes longer. You guys were catching up fast. I didn't remember either we had a 21 to 3 lead and almost blew it. The momentum really shifted in the 2nd half and I think your defense would have stopped us to get Ben the ball back if the game was 2 minutes longer. What do you guys think? I remember getting nervous in the 2nd half.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 43

I just remember that Rodgers had to make about 3 absolutely unbelievably perfect throws to win that game and they are still just ridiculous.

Also, if the Steelers were not into out of position WRs for that final drive --- I think Ben authors a drive for the ages and that game goes the other way. Of course, if Woodson doesn't get hurt -- not sure he wouldn't have had a pick in that game.

It was a good game and really could have gone either way.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I have never even watched a single highlight of that game.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    I have never even watched a single highlight of that game.
    No kidding. Yeah want to talk about the time my dog died as well?

To the OP, do you watch the replays of the game you guys lost to the Broncos? just curious, idk, pretty stupid question to ask if we ever watch a SB we lost.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    To the OP, do you watch the replays of the game you guys lost to the Broncos? just curious, idk, pretty stupid question to ask if we ever watch a SB we lost.
    "Packers" seems like pretty good people. A lot better than the Patriots troll shitting all over the Belichick draft thread in the NFL subforum.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 45

I remember thinking "This would be EXACTLY like the Joe Montana drive against Cincinnati if they pulled it off," and then immediately they fucked it up, and then my next memory is of throwing up in the dim light behind a locked public toilet in a park, while some 75-year-old World War II veteran wearing his Navy mission hat shook his head at me disapprovingly as he walked past.

Back to the original point, I still think we would've lost that game. The Steelers might have come in as the stronger team "on paper," but made way too many mistakes, and continued to make costly mistakes all the way until the end. So much as it's fun to wonder, I have no reason to think they wouldn't have made another mistake if the game went on a few more minutes. Simply put, they didn't play well enough to win, and that's exactly what happened.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    "Packers" seems like pretty good people. A lot better than the Patriots troll shitting all over the Belichick draft thread in the NFL subforum.

You got that right.....

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

I remember Mendenhall fumbling that killed a potential touchdown scoring drive in the second half when the momentum was all ours.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm not denying that he might be a good person, he just has a tendency to ask stupid questions like 'do you ever guys relive a painful SB loss?'.

Not a bad guy, just not a very bright one, or one with much common sense.

To answer his question bluntly: No, I don't watch that sh*t, don't ever f-ing ask me that again. Now we can talk about anything else and it'd be fine. The Yancey Thigpen drop, sure. That's cool

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I remember packers receivers dropping a lot of passes. I think that kept the game close

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I remember Manny Sanders getting hurt and he was the best #3 WR at that time (better than ARE and Mr. Big Chest).

Then the pick w/Ben under pressure w/the crap O-line, from the end zone.

Troy was also playing hurt during that postseason so he wasn't the same.

Also, Mendy's fumble.

Oh well. We lost and like Vasteeler said above, I don't watch replays of SB losses.

Remind me never to visit this thread again.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah that was a very good game could have went either way and, like in the above post Mendy's fumble really changed everything. Or from the packers view the Clay Mathews hit the changed everything. The steelers had MO on their side just before that turnover. Rodgers was great in that game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Momentum shifted and then Mendenhalls fumble gave it back to Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I remember packers receivers dropping a lot of passes. I think that kept the game close
    Yep. There were at least 3 passes that hit Packers receivers right in the hands that would have been walk-in TDs had they held onto them.