Thread: Gronk Retires ...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Gronk Retires ...

Thank God...we usually can't contain him...big dumb lummox

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

and with the 32nd and final pick in round one of the 2019 draft the N.e. Patriots select TE ( blah blah blah from blah blah blah )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

One down, one to go....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    One down, one to go....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Two to go,

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Smart guy, he hasn't spent a penny of his NFL pay, rather he lived on endorsement money his entire career.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Smart guy, he hasn't spent a penny of his NFL pay, rather he lived on endorsement money his entire career.
    ^^^^
    This

Future HOF TE with three rings who probably was not as dumb as his image, as opposed to AB & Le’Veon who did a great job of keeping it real with actions that killed their endorsement appeal while never winning a damn thing

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Next stop for Gronk will be Hollywood for action movies. I’ve read that he’s already got offers.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Next stop for Gronk will be Hollywood for action movies. I’ve read that he’s already got offers.
    And when his movie career ends there’s always the WWE.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I wonder if Gronk will come out and say Brady never invited him over to his house?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'm not sure he's the greatest TE ever but dammit he was one of the best for sure. Glad I was able to see him play, even if some of his best games was against the Steelers.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If he wasn’t the greatest, he was Top 2...lol.

Patriots will be selecting Fant at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'm not sure he's the greatest TE ever but dammit he was one of the best for sure. Glad I was able to see him play, even if some of his best games was against the Steelers.
    When healthy there's no doubt he was the greatest. Who in history would you take over him? Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe, Dave Casper, Jason Witten, Kellen Winslow? If you needed to win one game and Gronk was healthy who would you pick? But therein lies the rub, he never could stay healthy. He's the Eric Lindros of the NFL (but he at least won championships).

What people never realized either is how darn good he was at blocking as well. Imagine knowing you can play your TE on all three downs and have him run block or release down field and be almost uncoverable. I too was glad I got to see him play. Hated him as an opponent but respected his game.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He’ll be back. He’ll come back week 10 for a playoff push.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

And the Steelers will draft another R4-R7 TE this year

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Finally some good news for Steelers fans!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Gronk had the most dominating prime of any TE in NFL history, but I would put Tony Gonzalez as the greatest. Durability, longevity, and the fact that he really did not have steady rock solid QBing at least for a good part of his career. The guy had 1,000 yard seasons with Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, and Damon Huard sharing time as his starting QBs

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He was a great, great player. The most dominant TE as both a receiver and a blocker that I can think of by a mile.

He's also very smart in that he saved money to prepare for this part of his life.

Good for him.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

As much as I dislike the Pats Gronk was a monster bailed out Brady a lot of times just throw up to Gronk!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I wonder if Gronk will come out and say Brady never invited him over to his house?
    That, and that Brady yelled at the coaches to "get him out of there" because he didn't run his pattern the right way.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Don't care about the injuries. Don't care about the career length. Gronk was the best TE I've ever seen play. Like if someone mushed Mark Bavaro and Tony Gonzalez together. For most of his career he was the most dominant offensive weapon in the game. No one could cover him. No team really slowed him down. I mean he was on a TD a game pace for long stretches of his career.

Honestly, maybe prime Antonio Gates comes close -- actually really close. But, Gronk was really really good. I know this sounds ridiculous considering the team I root for, but I'm sad to see him go. Liked watching this guy just dominate. Wish he did it less against my favorite team.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Good, now there will be many fewer occasions when I need to explain my insistence on calling him "Gronkowski," because you do not call players you hate on teams that you hate by familiar nicknames like "Gronk" unless you fuck your own mother.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Good, now there will be many fewer occasions when I need to explain my insistence on calling him "Gronkowski," because you do not call players you hate on teams that you hate by familiar nicknames like "Gronk" unless you fuck your own mother.
    This.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wonder if Gronk died his hair blonde and threw Brady's pet goat over the balcony and grabbed Giselle's balls.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Gronk could indeed take over a game and make defenses shake their heads but the best? i don't know, my pick for the best would be Tony Gonzales.. Also a guy by the name of Ozzie Newsome was no slouch either.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gronk was a better blocker than most TEs and a better receiver than most. Maybe there was a better pass catcher or a better blocker, but there wasn’t one that was combined at his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

GOD DAMMIT!!!...I don't want to say this but I have to agree, May be the best TE ever. Now excuse me while I throw up.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch