Thread: My 1st AAF game

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

My 1st AAF game

Went to the commanders game last night here in San Antonio. Man what a game!!!

The crowd was Great, super noisy causing a couple false starts. Only 30,000 so about 1/2 full but damn it was impressive. I did have to laugh they started a wave while the offense was on the field and later people were using the flashlights on their phones. It was mentioned but the color commentators on how they have seen that at concerts but never at a sporting event. I loved it.

The game itself was a good one too. Came down to the wire when the stalions scored a TD and needed to 2 pointer to tie the game. Commanders defender intercepted it and raced down field for an extra 2 points for the commanders. The commanders won a very close and exciting game. I hope I get to see another one.

One thing I didn't like is they never showed any replays of the controversial calls. Has anyone else been to a game and seen this or is it just San Antonio?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: My 1st AAF game

Sounds fun. I’ve watched 2-3 on TV and think the product is above average. I hope it sticks.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I hope it does too, I love the hitting without flags being thrown.

I just heard on the morning news that the commanders game set an attendance record for an AAF game.

One other note: something folks at home did not see is a fan ran onto the field. It wasn't during play, but thought it was interesting that unless you were there you wouldn't have known. The incident happened just off to our right and I saw him coming before he even got out of the stands. Again just thought it was interesting that nothing was shown during the game nore in the news.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Are the tickets a lot less than NFL games? I hope this league sticks around as well, I watched a few games on TV and thought it was entertaining to catch football during this time of year.

I always thought the choice of name for SA's team was curious, a tribute to David Robinson or just coincidence? I know he was nicknamed the Admiral, but Commander is also a navy rank

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Are the tickets a lot less than NFL games? I hope this league sticks around as well, I watched a few games on TV and thought it was entertaining to catch football during this time of year.

I always thought the choice of name for SA's team was curious, a tribute to David Robinson or just coincidence? I know he was nicknamed the Admiral, but Commander is also a navy rank
    I paid $42 for tickets on the sideline in the endzone about 15 rows back. From what I am hearing today the league is still teetering on the brink of being gone, so if it is still around I would say go sooner rather than later. I realize that the atmosphere here in SA is HUGE, but I still think you would be well rewarded if you could catch a game else where. They can actually hit the QB and not get flagged for it. How long has it been since we have seen football like that?

Yeah I am not sure on the name thing either, but I like the way you see it and that would make some sense. They were trying for a military sounding name as SA is known as military city USA, and is mostly Air Force and Army here, so they were trying to get something neutral, but commanders leaves the enlisted guys out of it... kind of a shame.

I hope you get a chance to go and if you do let me know what you think of it.