Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devin White: I’ll be looking for $100 million in five years

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Devin White: I’ll be looking for $100 million in five years

Meet AB the linebacker.

Devin White announced at LSU’s Pro Day on Friday that he has signed an endorsement deal with Nike. Whatever he signed for pales in comparison to what he plans to make in his second NFL contract.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-five-years/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Devin White: I’ll be looking for $100 million in five years

You got to play like the ILB version of Lawrence Taylor to warrant that kind of money on the 2nd contract

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Unfortunately/Fortunately, he’ll be long gone when the Steelers pick.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Meet AB the linebacker.

Devin White announced at LSU’s Pro Day on Friday that he has signed an endorsement deal with Nike. Whatever he signed for pales in comparison to what he plans to make in his second NFL contract.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-five-years/
    So what’s his opinion of himself? WOW. Doesn’t even seem to care what team he goes to.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Dude hasn't even played a down against real men yet. He's in for a big surprise when he realizes that everyone in the NFL has elite talent. I would imagine that these sort of comments can affect his draft position. Looks like a budding AB or Bell-Einstein clone to me. Nothing about wanting to win lots of games or SB's or just trying to help his new team in any way possible. Its all about the Benjamins for him, me personally I wouldn't draft him.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Unfortunately/Fortunately, he’ll be long gone when the Steelers pick.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

disappointing to hear , but in a way I have to give him credit for honesty .... many are thinking it but he had the balls to say it ....

lets you know where he is and as much as I like him as a player / prospect I take pause , but it wont matter he will be long gone before 20 ( doubt top 5 though )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    disappointing to hear , but in a way I have to give him credit for honesty .... many are thinking it but he had the balls to say it ....

lets you know where he is and as much as I like him as a player / prospect I take pause , but it wont matter he will be long gone before 20 ( doubt top 5 though )
    I can never admire boasting about how much you're gonna be making while in a job interview.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't think this will effect his status at all. If his physical abilities actually translate to the pro game as well as predicted no GM or coach is going to give that comment much heed. Who knows what the market will bear in 5 years. They may ALL be out of a job by then or he may be trade bait for 2 first round picks. If measuring how smart this makes him look, it makes him look like a LB.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What did Mosley just get? Like 80 some? 5 years from now, if this kid is as good as projected that might actually happen.

Does confirm dude is balling for dollars.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I can never admire boasting about how much you're gonna be making while in a job interview.
    oh I do not admire what he said ... credit for honesty and admiration are quite different to me ...

I can appreciate a murderer admitting the crime and saving tax payers a ton of man power hours building a case investigating other leads ...

but I in no way admire the murderer ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

If he's actually as good as he thinks he is going to be at the next level, then the team who drafted him will just tag him for a year or two and let him walk. He'll have been in the league for up to 7 years at that point along with the wear and tear he'll get along the way. Good luck getting that second big contract.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What was the Timmons bump in pay? Will White be that good?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

More proof that the younger players feel overly entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Its not boasting if you can back it up. Thing is that he could be the next CJ Mosely or the next Vernon Gholston according to some draftniks, so will see in 5 years if he is looking for $100million or an application to Foot Locker.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Its not boasting if you can back it up.
    Yeah it is

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah it is
    Nah, its just speaking the truth. I don't see anything wrong with people having ambitions and talking about it. Why should somebody be afraid of greatness/success/ambition and unable to talk about it?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Nah, its just speaking the truth. I don't see anything wrong with people having ambitions and talking about it. Why should somebody be afraid of greatness/success/ambition and unable to talk about it?
    Don't you remember all these guys are supposed to dedicate themselves the this and break their bodies for the love of the game and place team goals over anything else.

I think the kid is correct. Make a couple of Pro Bowls and don't get injured? He can top the Mosley deal.

We'll disagree. It's speaking the truth for Aaron Donald or JJ Watt to say that. Not so for a guy who's only played against college boys. Again, he's in a job interview and it sends the wrong message that you're only interested in money. I guess I'm just old school on that stuff.

#straightcashhomey

Does anyone in the NFL play for anything besides cold hard cash first, second, and third?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Does anyone in the NFL play for anything besides cold hard cash first, second, and third?
    Yep! Otherwise I wouldn't bother watching. Some care about winning. I like money but I like my career too. I enjoy what I do. Some of these guys have a love for the game too.

Yep! Otherwise I wouldn't bother watching. Some care about winning. I like money but I like my career too. I enjoy what I do. Some of these guys have a love for the game too.
    Who?

Who?
    What players love the game??? I'm not saying they don't like the money, but you're saying that money is the only reason they play. I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Like I said, I wouldn't bother watching if I shared your opinion. I think that the MAJORITY of players love the game. There's really no way you can prove otherwise, so we can each have our opinion.

What players love the game??? I'm not saying they don't like the money, but you're saying that money is the only reason they play. I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Like I said, I wouldn't bother watching if I shared your opinion. I think that the MAJORITY of players love the game. There's really no way you can prove otherwise, so we can each have our opinion.
    I guess I just figure no one would do it for free. Everytime there is a CBA, the players want more money and less football.

Guys like Peyton Manning are glowingly talked about as loving the game so much. He took a max deal every single time.

It's a job like anything else. I'm sure many of these guys are happy and feel fortunate to play football for a living. But it's a living. They have, on average, 2-5 years monetize their skills. That means it is all about money.

Notice how the guys who go on TV and talk about loving the game are guys that have been in the league forever and made oceans of cash?

I'm guessing some second string OL grinds each day because that paycheck clears every week and is better than what their back up job (likely nothing) skill set is.

Also to be clear, you are correct. We will never know. Both opinions are equally valid. Just talking while I wait for Zion to break the world when he dunks on that 7 foot kid from UCF!

I guess I just figure no one would do it for free. Everytime there is a CBA, the players want more money and less football.
    I don't think that's the same question. You said that's all they play for - 1, 2, and 3. I'm not saying the majority would play for free. I like my job but I wouldn't do it for free.

Guys like Peyton Manning are glowingly talked about as loving the game so much. He took a max deal every single time.

It's a job like anything else. I'm sure many of these guys are happy and feel fortunate to play football for a living. But it's a living. They have, on average, 2-5 years monetize their skills. That means it is all about money.

Notice how the guys who go on TV and talk about loving the game are guys that have been in the league forever and made oceans of cash?

I'm guessing some second string OL grinds each day because that paycheck clears every week and is better than what their back up job (likely nothing) skill set is.
    Nothing wrong with earning as much as possible. But with a guy like Devin White, prove something first before you go running your mouth in a job interview stage of your career.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to be clear, you are correct. We will never know. Both opinions are equally valid. Just talking while I wait for Zion to break the world when he dunks on that 7 foot kid from UCF!
    7'6" lol.

What position would you play Zion in football, TE? That guy is incredible. I live in AZ and I've been trying to become a Suns fan but they keep giving me reasons not to. If they get Zion, I'm in.

Two way guy. TE and pass rusher.

Two way guy. TE and pass rusher.
    I’d give him a late 1st early 2nd round grade right now sight unseen in pads if he declared for the NFL draft.

Zion is a ball hawk centerfield free safety.

Duke/UCF — what a great game!

- - - Updated - - -

A guy like Zion is worth the hundreds of millions because of the increase in revenue. Nobody is gonna come to an NFL game just to watch Devin White play ILB. That said, if he backs it up with play, he’ll get paid.