Thread: Steelers Have Massachusetts WR Andy Isabella Scheduled For Pre-Draft Visit

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers Have Massachusetts WR Andy Isabella Scheduled For Pre-Draft Visit

The Pittsburgh Steelers pre-draft visits might just get underway as early as this Sunday, according to a Friday report on Twitter.
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/re...e-draft-visit/

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Steelers Have Massachusetts WR Andy Isabella Scheduled For Pre-Draft Visit

dude is fast!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    dude is fast!
    Pretty good hands too. Every time I see UMass, I think of Rob Blanchflower.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't they already have a short slot guy in Ryan Switzer? LOL

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Don't they already have a short slot guy in Ryan Switzer? LOL
    and Eli Rogers...

Colbert will probably draft 7 WR.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Future Patriot.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

and Eli Rogers...
    ...and Dionte Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    ...and Dionte Spencer
    damn, he only weighs 163 lbs...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

damn, he only weighs 163 lbs...
    Yeah, that is what they list him as. 5'9"-163lbs. 4.27-4.34 in his 2014 pro day, 40" vertical, 13 reps at 225lbs.

Yeah, that is what they list him as. 5'9"-163lbs. 4.27-4.34 in his 2014 pro day, 40" vertical, 13 reps at 225lbs.
    can he return punts and kickoffs?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Future Patriot.
    white, undersized, and fast, seems like a perfect match with brady

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

can he return punts and kickoffs?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

At this year's combine he measured at 5'9" and 188lbs. That could be water and not actual weight but that makes it look better than the previous 163lbs. I don't like him over many WRs in this draft but I do like him. Would love to see more on how he gets as open as he does. Is it defensive mistakes or something he can do on his own. A guy that size is covered at 3 yards, he would need a 5 yard separation which is probably a fly route for him. Can he compete for the ball in the middle like an Edelman or Tate? I wouldn't take him based on need, but if there in the 5th/6th round, heck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    At this year's combine he measured at 5'9" and 188lbs. That could be water and not actual weight but that makes it look better than the previous 163lbs. I don't like him over many WRs in this draft but I do like him. Would love to see more on how he gets as open as he does. Is it defensive mistakes or something he can do on his own. A guy that size is covered at 3 yards, he would need a 5 yard separation which is probably a fly route for him. Can he compete for the ball in the middle like an Edelman or Tate? I wouldn't take him based on need, but if there in the 5th/6th round, heck yeah.
    Dionte Spencer was 163, Isabella is who you are citing measurements I assume.

I watched Isabella at the Senior Bowl week and he had some good days, but he had a lot of reps where he didn't get off a jam well and wasted motion at the start of his routes, which took long to develop. I agree maybe 5th round look, but IMO he really doesn't offer much that the Steelers don't already have in the building.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Dionte Spencer was 163, Isabella is who you are citing measurements I assume.

I watched Isabella at the Senior Bowl week and he had some good days, but he had a lot of reps where he didn't get off a jam well and wasted motion at the start of his routes, which took long to develop. I agree maybe 5th round look, but IMO he really doesn't offer much that the Steelers don't already have in the building.
    Ok. I thought you and Hawaii were talking about Isabella at 163. I don't think he replaces anyone on the roster either, but I do like the speed he brings. He pretty much resembles Spencer in about every way though with measurables. If looking for a guy that jumps out at you as a returner first and then you have to find another role for him, I like Tony Pollard much better from this draft. I think Pollard goes earlier since he has played RB/WR/KR, less of a gadget guy and more of a weapon guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ok. I thought you and Hawaii were talking about Isabella at 163. I don't think he replaces anyone on the roster either, but I do like the speed he brings. He pretty much resembles Spencer in about every way though with measurables. If looking for a guy that jumps out at you as a returner first and then you have to find another role for him, I like Tony Pollard much better from this draft. I think Pollard goes earlier since he has played RB/WR/KR, less of a gadget guy and more of a weapon guy.
    Agreed, they have enough potential guys to work from the slot in Switzer, Rodgers or Spencer already on the roster. I like Ridley from Georgia, runs good routes, has good hands, just not long speed at 4.58.