Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders shares disturbing story about Steelers GM

Junior Member Array title="s4morris is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Emmanuel Sanders shares disturbing story about Steelers GM

I care what Emmanuel Sanders thinks...... Said no one ever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s4morris View Post
    I care what Emmanuel Sanders thinks...... Said no one ever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I agree, nobody cares. Who does he think he is, Antonio Brown?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You're calling him a glorified scout. That implies that he shouldn't be an executive, and he should still be a scout.

You say he's "apparently good with WR's". That implies that he's only good at evaluating WR's and sucks at evaluating everything else...…..and he has been the GM of the franchise with the second best won/loss record in the NFL since 2000 and an 18-year span.

I don't understand how you can think that your comments don't question his ability as a GM. Maybe you didn't intend it, but the words you used and how you used them do exactly that.

I'm not coming at you. I'm simply explaining what your words say to us.
    I’m saying he has the demeanor of a scout and doesn’t guard his words in public. I said he has no finesse.

And I am saying he sucks at evaluating defensive backs.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I hate Mark Madden but boy he is working over Manny Sanders pretty hard right now ...

told Sanders who do you think you are Antonio Brown ? lmao
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TD's & Beer View Post
    If all these whiny bitches running their mouths don't light a fire under Ben's ass nothing will, lol
    My thoughts exactly.

Ben will have a chip on his shoulder next year.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    My only point was that Colbert has no sophistication. It is what it is. He doesn’t belong in front of a microphone and I shudder when I hear his quotes. I wasn’t making a judgment call on his won loss record.
    I agree about being in front of a microphone. Some people are great at public speaking, and some simply are not.

Belichick: no
    AB: no
    Colbert: no

Simultaneously, Belichick is a world-class HC, AB is the best WR since Rice, and Colbert is a top-notch executive.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I agree about being in front of a microphone. Some people are great at public speaking, and some simply are not.

Belichick: no
    AB: no
    Colbert: no

Simultaneously, Belichick is a world-class HC, AB is the best WR since Rice, and Colbert is a top-notch executive.
    Colbert has had good results over his tenure. Of course, fans call for Tomlin’s head based on those same results. Overall I’d give him a B. But both him and Tomlin and trending down in my opinion. They bear some responsibility for the circus of the past couple years.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Colbert has had good results over his tenure. Of course, fans call for Tomlin’s head based on those same results. Overall I’d give him a B. But both him and Tomlin and trending down in my opinion. They bear some responsibility for the circus of the past couple years.
    Agreed - 20 years is a long run. Eventually you wear down and/or the game changes while you fail to adapt.

Few make it that far (Belichick still going strong/Tom Landry did not fall off until after 20 years as Cowboys coach) before getting shown the door.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Eh, maybe. Watt, JuJu, & Conner would indicate that Colbert still has a few more spades to play. As far as Tomlin goes, right now reminds me of the 2002-2003 Steelers... with a surge coming very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Eh, maybe. Watt, JuJu, & Conner would indicate that Colbert still has a few more spades to play. As far as Tomlin goes, right now reminds me of the 2002-2003 Steelers... with a surge coming very soon.
    I have no problem with Colbert's drafting, overall. No one hits 1000%. But I think a GM does more than handle the draft. Whether Rooney admits it or not, the Steelers became a circus. Permitting that to happen is owned by Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin. All that said, I hope 2019 proves all the critics wrong. If we draft well, I think 2019 might be the year for #7.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

the Steelers became a circus. Permitting that to happen is owned by Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin.
    I'll put the largest share of that blame on Tomlin as the head coach.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I have no problem with Colbert's drafting, overall. No one hits 1000%. But I think a GM does more than handle the draft. Whether Rooney admits it or not, the Steelers became a circus. Permitting that to happen is owned by Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin. All that said, I hope 2019 proves all the critics wrong. If we draft well, I think 2019 might be the year for #7.

And that's just it. 2019 is going to tell us a lot about the state of the Steelers.

If disciplinary issues continue, and there are players that are locker room problems, Mike Tomlin will definitely have the finger pointed right at him.

If they have a good locker room, and they add talent and have a solid season, I think it says that the two problems are gone. AB being the biggest of those problems. It will show that Tomlin has a firm handle on things and they are once again headed in the right direction and have good leadership.

If they can nail the draft, I see this team having a chance to be very good this season.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

If they can nail the draft, I see this team having a chance to be very good this season.
    we need to move up for a punter and draft a long snapper...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Yeah maybe that Notre Dame punter who hit about 30 reps on the bench so we can plug him in at ILB.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Obviously....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah maybe that Notre Dame punter who hit about 30 reps on the bench so we can plug him in at ILB.

A dual-threat......I like it.

when I first saw this headline about "disturbing" I was pretty sure Sanders had a pic of Colbert wearing frilly panties...