Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlin and Ben are terrible leaders

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Tomlin and Ben are terrible leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That's hopefully true.

Interesting question. Yes or no. Has anyone ever worked for anyplace where certain people didn't have the same rules as everyone else?

I never have.
    Most of my career has been in management so I see it differently than lots of employees do. From my perspective I try to always be fair but to the guy who puts in half-effort but thinks he should be promoted because he's been there longest, he probably thinks it politics. Everyone has a perspective and all you can do is your best to treat people equally. All I'm saying is that I'm dead set against letting some star players show up 10 minutes late to meetings while fining other players. It's wrong in every way and comes back to bite you.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Most of my career has been in management so I see it differently than lots of employees do. From my perspective I try to always be fair but to the guy who puts in half-effort but thinks he should be promoted because he's been there longest, he probably thinks it politics. Everyone has a perspective and all you can do is your best to treat people equally. All I'm saying is that I'm dead set against letting some star players show up 10 minutes late to meetings while fining other players. It's wrong in every way and comes back to bite you.
    I can see the different POV thing. But, for me, I have been the lowest guy and the guy who basically runs the day to day as well as everything in between. In all cases, there were different rules for different folks. Worked in a small shop where everyone had to produce each day in order for it to all work out. Some folks had to be allowed to go about their work in a different way than everyone else in order to get the most production out of them each day. Basically, special treatment. Worked other places where some employees were just better at their job than others, so they got away with more.

I think that in theory, your right. But I wonder if that theory is ever able to be put into 100% practice?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    When Harrison criticized Tomlin previously, his criticisms seemed legitimate and objective to me.
    He sounded like a guy who was just reporting what he saw.
    Sounds like more of the same.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can see the different POV thing. But, for me, I have been the lowest guy and the guy who basically runs the day to day as well as everything in between. In all cases, there were different rules for different folks. Worked in a small shop where everyone had to produce each day in order for it to all work out. Some folks had to be allowed to go about their work in a different way than everyone else in order to get the most production out of them each day. Basically, special treatment. Worked other places where some employees were just better at their job than others, so they got away with more.

I think that in theory, your right. But I wonder if that theory is ever able to be put into 100% practice?
    If it’s ever going to work it will be in sports. Because sports in no way resembles real life. It’s nothing more than a metaphor, a game. I think Tom Couglin had the same rules for everybody. He might be the most recent example.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Maybe James knows he wouldn't have those shiny SB rings without Ben, so there's some respect. Though that 2nd ring was also in big part to James' outstanding play at the end of the 1st half

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That reflects greatly on Ben coming from Mr. I bitched my way off the team and signed with the Patriots and now I hold a grudge against them and want to shit on them every chance I get.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Weren't these the exact same talking heads who were saying it was Ben's fault like a month ago?

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't think Carter was. Carter seems to have towed a pretty steady line on this iirc.
    Must be confusing my talking heads.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

All The Times Roethlisberger Has Been Called A Good Leader By Teammates, Coaches

By Daniel Valente
    Posted on March 26, 2019

This offseason has been filled with surprises at every corner – superstar wide receivers getting traded, a shocking un-retirement of a veteran tight end, the retirement of a great tight end and even an NFL owner facing prostitution charges. Despite all these twists and turns, there has been one consistent theme hammered home by mainstream media, that is the bashing of current Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

The criticism of Roethlisberger’s leadership took off with Antonio Brown’s exit but since then the criticism has only amplified in magnitude, as it seems almost every former teammate and analyst are getting in line to offer their opinion on Roethlisberger’s leadership. With the criticism almost reaching a point of being overbearing and tiresome, I thought I would compile a list of occurrences in which Roethlisberger’s leadership has been praised in order to balance out the conversation.

Here are 16 times that Roethlisberger’s leadership has been praised by teammates and coaches.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/al...mates-coaches/

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

AB responds to JuJu, Conner & Washington voicing support for Ben

He appeared to chide the ex-teammates who expressed public support for Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday in opposition to criticism of the Steelers quarterback from Brown, former teammate Le’Veon Bell and some national pundits in recent weeks.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

AB didn’t post that. Punctuation? Actual English words? Even if wrong the attempt was there. Very unAB-like.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s lost his shit...big time...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Did Donald Trump hack his twitter acct?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    AB didn’t post that. Punctuation? Actual English words? Even if wrong the attempt was there. Very unAB-like.
    You call that good grammar lol? Better than AB but still atrocious.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

On a scale of Abraham to Gabe, that was definitely closer to Gabe’s side.

#usmovie

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Maybe I ain’t no English major and I wouldn’t call that “good grammar” but it looks like somebody made the attempt. That is more credit than I will give AB. Shows me that is somebody else’s tweet.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Maybe I ain’t no English major and I wouldn’t call that “good grammar” but it looks like somebody made the attempt. That is more credit than I will give AB. Shows me that is somebody else’s tweet.
    So Rosenhaus cleaned up AB's attack on his former teammates?

Still likely it was AB's idea, regardless of who the ghost editor/tweeter may be

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin and Ben would turn Red Cross volunteers into hostages.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Hell just froze over. But I'm not sure if losing Jerome Brown will break us.

Last edited by stillers4me; 03-29-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

It was decent of TB to take a minute and talk to this guy. I'd hate to be bothered with a camera in my face when I'm traveling and looking like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    It was decent of TB to take a minute and talk to this guy. I'd hate to be bothered with a camera in my face when I'm traveling and looking like shit.
    At least TB was cool enough to say what he said when asked. He could have said no comment!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    All The Times Roethlisberger Has Been Called A Good Leader By Teammates, Coaches

By Daniel Valente
    Posted on March 26, 2019

This offseason has been filled with surprises at every corner – superstar wide receivers getting traded, a shocking un-retirement of a veteran tight end, the retirement of a great tight end and even an NFL owner facing prostitution charges. Despite all these twists and turns, there has been one consistent theme hammered home by mainstream media, that is the bashing of current Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

The criticism of Roethlisberger’s leadership took off with Antonio Brown’s exit but since then the criticism has only amplified in magnitude, as it seems almost every former teammate and analyst are getting in line to offer their opinion on Roethlisberger’s leadership. With the criticism almost reaching a point of being overbearing and tiresome, I thought I would compile a list of occurrences in which Roethlisberger’s leadership has been praised in order to balance out the conversation.

Here are 16 times that Roethlisberger’s leadership has been praised by teammates and coaches.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/al...mates-coaches/
    Nice
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    At least TB was cool enough to say what he said when asked. He could have said no comment!
    I was actually surprised Terry said that, I know deep down he doesn't really like Ben.