Thread: Le’Veon Bell on Steelers: “They don’t treat you like you’re human”

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Le’Veon Bell on Steelers: “They don’t treat you like you’re human”

Le’Veon Bell on Steelers: “They don’t treat you like you’re human”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2019

Running back Le'Veon Bell won his freedom from the Steelers by taking a stand and sitting out a full season. Now that he’s a member of the Jets, Bell reflected on the mindset of the team that made him a second-round pick in the 2013 draft.

“Pittsburgh is a great organization,” Bell told Jenny Vrentas of SI.com. “They’ve got a great owner, head coach. They kind of treat you like — they don’t treat you like you’re human. What I mean by that is like, yeah, I’m an NFL athlete, but still I’m a human being. You know what I’m saying? I still play video games, I still make music. They don’t want to allow you to be yourself. They want you to be, if you’re a Steelers, you’re literally playing football 24/7. You’re not supposed to be playing video games and like making music, playing basketball. You’re not supposed to be doing that. You’re supposed to be working out.”

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-youre-human/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Le’Veon Bell on Steelers: “They don’t treat you like you’re human”

Gotta love this Florio fellow.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I think they treat you like a dumbass, which is a KIND of human I guess.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

In a battle of wits between Bell and a box of rocks take the box of rocks

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

But I thought the Steelers let players set their own rules and were terrible at holding anyone to any expectations? Like didn't the same "journalist" and "media outlet" publish that exact take like a month ago?

Also, jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssss! What planet do these guys live on? My employer has weird standards too. They expect me to show up for work every day. They kinda don't care if they pay me enough. They have this odd thing where they simple don't give a flying fig about me outside of the hours they pay me to do a thing. Weird. I guess being an NFL player means you get to live in Neverland and stay a kid forever?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I heard Adam Gase was a bit of an asshole, LOL. Have fun Le'Veon

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But I thought the Steelers let players set their own rules and were terrible at holding anyone to any expectations? Like didn't the same "journalist" and "media outlet" publish that exact take like a month ago?

Also, jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssss! What planet do these guys live on? My employer has weird standards too. They expect me to show up for work every day. They kinda don't care if they pay me enough. They have this odd thing where they simple don't give a flying fig about me outside of the hours they pay me to do a thing. Weird. I guess being an NFL player means you get to live in Neverland and stay a kid forever?
    Great, now the next time the kids want to watch a Disney movie, I'm going to have a vision of Peter Pan in gold chains and assorted bling, bitching about respect and making bad rap music.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

One aspect of the Patriots I admire (in addition to the six Lombardis since 2001, including 3 out of the last 5 seasons) is that nobody there has any illusions it is supposed to be where you find your happy place.

It is a business and everyone there knows they will let you go if they can find someone to replace you at a better price. You want diversions & personal fulfillment do it on your own time and it better not detract from your performance. That should be true anywhere but Belichick does not pretend it is anything but that, which provides some focus that is lacking elsewhere.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Great, now the next time the kids want to watch a Disney movie, I'm going to have a vision of Peter Pan in gold chains and assorted bling, bitching about respect and making bad rap music.
    Everytime you clap, somewhere a RB gets a chain snatched.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Yeah they don't treat you like you're human by offering you over 15 million a year, that's actually treating you like a king lol

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    One aspect of the Patriots I admire (in addition to the six Lombardis since 2001, including 3 out of the last 5 seasons) is that nobody there has any illusions it is supposed to be where you find your happy place.

It is a business and everyone there knows they will let you go if they can find someone to replace you at a better price. You want diversions & personal fulfillment do it on your own time and it better not detract from your performance. That should be true anywhere but Belichick does not pretend it is anything but that, which provides some focus that is lacking elsewhere.
    Pretty much. Almost every former Pat has basically said it isn't any fun to play there, the atmosphere is too serious, but who cares because I won a ton of football games.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Weird... an employer paying you $15MM/year wants you to focus and be the best at your position instead of smoking weed and playing video games? Mind. Blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Jets just wasted $52.5M... or at least the $3M that actually guaranteed! Lol

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

You have a better chance of making sense out of a conversation with a drunk on the street.Many of these guys have no idea what reality is. I am getting to the point I just do not want to cheer any of them on. Thier physical talent is off set by their emotional and mental negatives. I am asking myself why do I read this garbage. I heard many years ago that most actors and actresses are not very bright. Add to that generalization NFL football players. Again certainly not all but too dam many.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Have fun going 4-12, asswipe...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I just don’t know, you talking Peter Pan, and that avatar together......

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Paul Zeise: Le'Veon Bell struggles with the truth

PAUL ZEISE
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    MAR 21, 2019

Le’Veon Bell refused to sign a long-term deal with the Steelers because he didn’t like the contract they offered him, or so he said at the time it went down. Bell should have just stuck to that original story, because that at least made sense.

When it turned out Bell didn’t get close to the contract he thought he would get, he should have just said “Hey, I took a shot. I didn’t quite get what I wanted, but I am happy to start the next part of my career.”

Bell instead tried to save face and gave an interview to Sports Illustrated in which he would explain his real reasons he left Pittsburgh. The problem is, the more Bell talked, the dumber he sounded and the less credibility he had with anybody with even a basic grip on the facts. The interview contained more fiction than fact and more revised history than reality.

Here is a sample:

“Pittsburgh is a great organization. They’ve got a great owner, head coach. They kind of treat you like — they don’t treat you like you’re human. ... I still play video games, I still make music. They don’t want to allow you to be yourself.”

That’s utter nonsense, and here is how I know it is: The No. 1 complaint and criticism of Mike Tomlin is that he is too much of a players’ coach who gives his players too much leeway and allows them too much freedom to be themselves. That is backed up by many, many players who have said they appreciate the way Tomlin treats them like men.

to read rest of article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201903210107

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Idiot can claim all he wants the team and QB influenced him leaving, fact is he left because he overestimated greatly what teams were willing to pay for him (he practically stated in plain English he wanted more than what they were offering him). All this stuff about Ben and the team came AFTER he was forced to settle for less than what the Steelers were willing to pay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Idiot can claim all he wants the team and QB influenced him leaving, fact is he left because he overestimated greatly what teams were willing to pay for him (he practically stated in plain English he wanted more than what they were offering him). All this stuff about Ben and the team came AFTER he was forced to settle for less than what the Steelers were willing to pay for him.